Frostcovered Information Missing

Anarchy - Dreamweaver
Anarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
So for those of us who are looking to get frostcovered gear, information on drop rates and paths to gear are all very hard to find. Not only that, PWI database is completely inaccurate when it comes to Gears and Weapons and how to obtain them....it is still giving old information. If someone knows where I can find the updated information I would be very pleased. Thank you.b:thanks
This person they make me out to be? She irritates the hell out of me too :D
Post edited by Anarchy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So for those of us who are looking to get frostcovered gear, information on drop rates and paths to gear are all very hard to find. Not only that, PWI database is completely inaccurate when it comes to Gears and Weapons and how to obtain them....it is still giving old information. If someone knows where I can find the updated information I would be very pleased. Thank you.b:thanks

There is no info, its a lie just like the cake, you go there and go there and never get any cake, so please stop trying. The Frost is a lie.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i jus got a legendnary necklace drop from a boss.The phenix boss and its pretty cool.I think im the 1st one on lost city to get it b:victory
    Frost is cool but the bosses need to drop more items so we can make stuffb:thanks
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Submit a [suggestion] ticket to PWI, urging them to revise Frost and/or bring back a Solo or Classic mode, which makes material drops available.

At the current time (after patch 184 I believe?) Frost was revamped (read: NERFED) and mat drops are ridiculously rare. Moreover, any folks still in posession of any material types were encouraged to exchange them at the Martial Arts Master for a paltry sum of coin or Spirit (DO NOT DO THIS).

To sum up, Frost no longer makes materials available in its current state and MUST be further revised if any gear manufacture is to become possible.
    *Solo mode, the primary source of jade fragments/essences, was removed entirely, throwing gear manufacture into the realm of impossibility.

PS: Kikyo, congrats on your good fortune. Unfortunately random chance/luck is the only way Frost gear (armor, weapons, accessories) is available to any of us.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Submit a [suggestion] ticket to PWI, urging them to revise Frost and/or bring back a Solo or Classic mode, which makes material drops available.

At the current time (after patch 184 I believe?) Frost was revamped (read: NERFED) and mat drops are ridiculously rare. Moreover, any folks still in posession of any material types were encouraged to exchange them at the Martial Arts Master for a paltry sum of coin or Spirit (DO NOT DO THIS).

To sum up, Frost no longer makes materials available in its current state and MUST be further revised if any gear manufacture is to become possible.
    *Solo mode, the primary source of jade fragments/essences, was removed entirely, throwing gear manufacture into the realm of impossibility.

PS: Kikyo, congrats on your good fortune. Unfortunately random chance/luck is the only way Frost gear (armor, weapons, accessories) is available to any of us.

This ^

It was better before... IMO
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009

b:thanks TY MR.FUZZY TIGERb:chuckle
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009

They got rid of Frost gear manufacture entirely. SO yes, they did get rid of the primary/only means of jade fragments/essences, because they are no longer needed. They NEVER said they were going to make frist gear more easily obtainable, just that it would be dropping gear directly now. So, if it used to take 6 people, 10 runs, to get enough mats for 1 peice of gear, then; it's going to take 6 people 10 runs to even see 1 complete peice of gear drop.

People thought the revamp would enable everyone to get frost gear easily, but it will still take as many runs (which in the past was an ungodly amount). Its just now you see nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, oh hey a necklace already made!, nothing, nothing, etc...
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They got rid of Frost gear manufacture entirely. SO yes, they did get rid of the primary/only means of jade fragments/essences, because they are no longer needed. They NEVER said they were going to make frist gear more easily obtainable, just that it would be dropping gear directly now. So, if it used to take 6 people, 10 runs, to get enough mats for 1 peice of gear, then; it's going to take 6 people 10 runs to even see 1 complete peice of gear drop.

People thought the revamp would enable everyone to get frost gear easily, but it will still take as many runs (which in the past was an ungodly amount). Its just now you see nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, oh hey a necklace already made!, nothing, nothing, etc...

Let me try and explain this in a simpler way:

It drops like molds now, just already made. b:victory
  • Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    Anarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thank you everyone, dropping like molds is what I had heard, but it was not confirmed until now. Well looks like I am in for many frost runs ^^

Thank you again, and I will be submitting that ticket.
    This person they make me out to be? She irritates the hell out of me too :D
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009

True. Except for that little problem that the gear drops are random. You can't work for a specific piece of gear at all. By your example, instead of doing 10 runs and ending up with something you worked towards, you'd do 10 runs and (if you're lucky) end up with one item that may or may not be useful to anyone. I'm sorry, but I can't find that to be an acceptable change to this place.
    edited September 2009
    True. Except for that little problem that the gear drops are random. You can't work for a specific piece of gear at all. By your example, instead of doing 10 runs and ending up with something you worked towards, you'd do 10 runs and (if you're lucky) end up with one item that may or may not be useful to anyone. I'm sorry, but I can't find that to be an acceptable change to this place.

Yeah i agree with that. One of the things i found unique & positive about PWIs gear system was not having to pray & hope over & over for a specific gear to drop from a boss, but rather you built all the gear. Unfortunately this does seem like a step backwards in that way.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    so what happens to people who have the quests "wind and snow'' at level75? does this affect the curvade drops or what? i've never been there on a quest so i know zip about it all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • shrimpybryan
    shrimpybryan Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The quests have all changed to reflect the new frostlands... I personally agree, at least before I could farm the curvades, and get some decent experience and pots by myself... I wouldnt mind so much if I could still open it in solo, but having to get four ppl over lvl 75 is annoyning-especially when you like to run solo.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    There is no lvl75. There is no solo mode. There are no more curvades.
  • shrimpybryan
    shrimpybryan Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You still have to be 75 to get in, I tried to take a lvl 70 cleric and it told the player they were too low to accept the quest.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009

BUT...this is still an MMO, and in any good MMO you can trade. So, it can't be terribly hard to get what you want (though I agree, it's probably better with the mat system)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Reasonable assertion, but only really feasible when there is a surplus of the item in question.
    edited September 2009
    so what happens to people who have the quests "wind and snow'' at level75? does this affect the curvade drops or what? i've never been there on a quest so i know zip about it all

There used to be 5 quests for frost given at 75. 4 of these were for group mode, and you could not even think about doing them before 85. Those 4 still exist (although 1 was renamed, but still all 4 exist), and still can not realistically be dome before 85ish. The 5th was "Comforting Jade", that was the solo mode quest needed to open access to group mode, solo mode could be done at lvl 75, and that solo mode is where the curvades were. Solo mode is now gone, curvades are gone, & the quest 'Comforting Jade' is gone.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You actually can reasonably beat frost well before 85. It's a bit of a challenge but entirely possible. The squad I beat it with was 79 barb, 75 cleric, 75 veno, 83 archer, me (86 veno), and 76 bm. The 4th boss was the only thing that I would say was actually hard, anything else felt like a challenge in that we sort of had to pay attention... but a challenge that we could do. Kind of like duoing 2-2 with a 76 barb (same as the 79 there... just lower level), just something I can't completely hit a loop hotkey and alt tab out for.