Question

luckymoney
luckymoney Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
Hey guys why does everyone act differently online than they do in real life? My friends are really nice to me in real life but they are just so mean to me in the game. My parents dont even talk to me in game anymore. I dont understand anymore. what the hell. Yesterday I went shopping with my sister, and when we got home she starting to WC **** about me what the hell. Can somone please help me, my life is falling apart and i dont know what to do, why is everyone so mean to me on perfect world
Post edited by luckymoney on

Comments

• ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    get a life other than this game? b:laugh
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's the anonymous factor. People are a lot more bold when they are able to talk without people knowing who they are. They feel that their own insecurities don't hold them back in an online game.

The other factor is, unfortunately, that they are successful in making people get angry, which is what some of them want. The best bet in situations like this is to ignore, because when you get mad you give them what they want.
  • luckymoney
    edited September 2009
    But they are my family, they pk me all the time. I tried to tell my mom about it and she said she would help me, but when i got back she called me a **** noob on world chat. this really makes me sad. somone help me
  • _SWAGGY_ - Dreamweaver
    _SWAGGY_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Speaking from experience, some people act different to try to impress someone, try to be "kool", or are just plain s#!theads. Wonder how they would react if you did that same thing back to them...?b:chuckle
    ♣♦~M.$.K~♦♣
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hope I dont get a ban for this. b:chuckle
    www.photodump.org/stored15/ethug.jpg
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Flowbot - Lost City
    Flowbot - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Idk... Dont mean to be evil or anything but thats kinda funny xD....
    Kool thing is your mom plays this and you can pk her and be like i PWND YOU RAWR b:angryb:shockedb:angry.. But dnt take it to heart b:victory
  • luckymoney
    edited September 2009
    Wow those guys look really scary
    their chests are extremely hairy
    I wish i was a pretty little fairy
    brb gonna drink some dairy
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i try to act in game how i act in Rl which is why everyone wuvs me b:chuckle
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Idk... Dont mean to be evil or anything but thats kinda funny xD....
    Kool thing is your mom plays this and you can pk her and be like i PWND YOU RAWR b:angryb:shockedb:angry.. But dnt take it to heart b:victory

FLOWW ilu man ^^
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    but no one loves ajani b:cute jk b:chuckle
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well its also possibly a psychological problem... The problem is that in the real life world, people can't express themselves or react the way they imagine they can because of the consequences. However online, your free to an entire new world. You can be whoever you want, either by being yourself, impersonating others, etc.

They feel in their consciousness to be different than who they are. Its especially easier in this game especially, which may also be the reason....

b:shocked Can't believe I wrote so much! <.< geeeeeeeeeh for once i'm teaching people about this instead of being taught... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Hayato - Harshlands
    Hayato - Harshlands Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Online we can pretend to have a purpose in life. b:chuckle
  • Satuki - Harshlands
    Satuki - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well its also possibly a psychological problem... The problem is that in the real life world, people can't express themselves or react the way they imagine they can because of the consequences. However online, your free to an entire new world. You can be whoever you want, either by being yourself, impersonating others, etc.

They feel in their consciousness to be different than who they are. Its especially easier in this game especially, which may also be the reason....

b:shocked Can't believe I wrote so much! <.< geeeeeeeeeh for once i'm teaching people about this instead of being taught... b:surrender

this and plus it is just a game so ppl will act differently.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    this and plus it is just a game so ppl will act differently.

Agree with you there! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Your Mom called you a noob.... I lolz'd

And yes, everyone is a weird sordid piece of work in PW, you all scare me b:shocked
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Your Mom called you a noob.... I lolz'd

And yes, everyone is a weird sordid piece of work in PW, you all scare me b:shocked

b:sad i scared you? b:cry
  • Satuki - Harshlands
    Satuki - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    how can you play a game with your family?
    i find it hard lol
  • Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol sounds like your family is a bunch of dlcks, what i would do is make a few friends and then pk your family when they bug u or pk u, i would help u if i wan't in kylin :( can't rpk
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Its only wrong if your Dad pk's you and says "Who's your Daddy now?!"
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    b:sad i scared you? b:cry

"..They mostly come out at night....mostly......"
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Would b cool to pk my cousin or sumthing, cuz that would b only sumthing that its part of the game... although your story is a bit too dramatic, try to add more action into it.b:victory
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think its a joke topic...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    I think its a joke topic...

Wow, Sherlock, so glad you were on the case.
  • Saveless - Sanctuary
    Saveless - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    -1 for you gullible kiddos.
  • XFeRX - Harshlands
    XFeRX - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    luckymoney wrote: »
    But they are my family, they pk me all the time. I tried to tell my mom about it and she said she would help me, but when i got back she called me a **** noob on world chat. this really makes me sad. somone help me

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

QQmorepl0xX
  • Fear - Harshlands
    Fear - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    maybe your mum wants you to stop being a girl and be a man. grow some balls :)
  • Apocalyptus - Harshlands
    Apocalyptus - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hi luckymoney (in case you're not joking ;)),

There is no difference in authenticity when I'm ingame or in real life. I and others like me for who I am and represent so there is no need for an alter ego.

About your hard time in the game by loved ones. Being mean to a lesser extend can mean (no pun intented) affection actually. You being the centre of the attentionin in a negative daylight could be merely banter. However your sis may want to vent her frustrations a little by being less amicable towards you on world chat. There is also a chance that she might begrudge you for something you've done in real life that is still not discussed. My advice is to talk to her. Ask her why she feels the need and pay attention if there is any real merit in her reasoning.

It's a somewhat awkward situation when you face parents in a realm, predominantly for younger people like yourself. You have to ask yourself why your parents play this game. In such a case they would probably want their privacy maintained in a virtual surrounding where they find you a random element, a piece of the puzzle that doesn't belong in their 'R&R'. A simular situation can be found when you work with your sister, lover or parent. A professional relationship can't be always compatible. Therefor your parents role in a game where you're also part of may lack synergy.

So don't be too hard on yourself and try to give others their world to play in where you're not a constant factor they have to answer to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hayato - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Hi luckymoney,

There is no difference in authenticity when I'm ingame or in real life. I and others like me for who I am and represent so there is no need for an alter ego.

About your hard time in the game by loved ones. Being mean to a lesser extend can mean (no pun intented) affection actually. You being the centre of the attentionin in a negative daylight could be merely banter. However your sis may want to vent her frustrations a little by being less amicable towards you on world chat. There is also a chance that she might begrudge you for something you've done in real life that is still not discussed. My advice is to talk to her. Ask her why she feels the need and pay attention if there is any real merit in her reasoning.

It's a somewhat awkward situation when you face parents in a realm, predominantly for younger people like yourself. You have to ask yourself why your parents play this game. In such a case they would probably want their privacy maintained in a virtual surrounding where they find you a random element, a piece of the puzzle that doesn't belong in their 'R&R'. A simular situation can be found when you work with your sister, lover or parent. A professional relationship can't be always compatible. Therefor your parents role in a game where you're also part of may lack synergy.

So don't be too hard on yourself and try to give others their world to play in where you're not a constant factor they have to answer to.

I think your insecure. :)
  • Apocalyptus - Harshlands
    Apocalyptus - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think your insecure. :)
    Thank God I know you're joking :b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hayato - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Apocalyptus you are my role model. How does that make you feel?