Catshop limitation or Bug???

Vehno - Sanctuary
Vehno - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Is there any limitation for how much coin u can sell items?

I've tried last night with a item and it seemed like I couldn't set the price like, say 100,000,000. The Done button was greyed/dimmed, I couldn't setup the shop.

Any1 has an idea it's a bug or limitation of the catshop.
Post edited by Vehno - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Did you give the shop a title?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the amount of coin you can sell your item(s) for in catshop is limited by the amount of coin your character can carry in it's inventory (someone said 200mil or something)

also, it sounds like your problem isnt that, but is that you didnt set a title for your shop, as darkseph pointed out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What were you trying to sell for 100mil?
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    What were you trying to sell for 100mil?

her sanity b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've seen 100mil for a "make offer" shop, knowing full well someone's not going to buy it but not knowing what it's worth so getting people to make offers on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I've seen 100mil for a "make offer" shop, knowing full well someone's not going to buy it but not knowing what it's worth so getting people to make offers on it.

i did that myself once, put Handaxes of Demonic Roar in my catshop at 2.5mil, and set the title to "Make Offer"...

went afk for the night to sleep...

came back online the next day to find someone had bought them b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vehno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Yes, I did give catshop a name. I've tested it by putting more than 200m and got an error that you can't set more than 200m. Then I lowered it to 100m, but still couldn't setup the shop either, so I'm just wondering.

And the item I wanted to sell was Tome Love up and down, anyway, couldn't set it to be sold at 100m either. Has any1 tried to set anything for 100m+ to verify this?

More like a bug to me, but I'm not sure.

Edit1: let me try it again what Poison and Alexeno has done.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    I've never done the 100m thing, but I've seen some shops set up that way. Make sure you're putting it in the selling not buying area. I did that once by mistake, you have to have the coins in order to set the buying price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hi, I just tested this out myself and I was able to set the Scroll of Tome for 200 million. I even did 400 mil. Could you please provide a screen shot of your consignment shop and error message if you are still having this issue? b:thanks
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Vehno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Yep, I put the item in the Sell area.

I'll try again when I get home, still at work atm, darn work, i wtplay PWI b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I know there is an error if the total value of what you are attempting to buy is more than your available funds.

Perhaps the total value of what you are trying to sell in addition to your coin would put you over the 200m limit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Hi, I just tested this out myself and I was able to set the Scroll of Tome for 200 million.

Where's your cat shop?b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    And the item I wanted to sell was Tome Love up and down, anyway, couldn't set it to be sold at 100m either.
    A bit off-topic, but I saw a Scroll of Tome sell from a Sanctuary Archo catshop for 65mill last night. I also bought one for 65mill a week ago from another player. So while 100mill might be too high, I suppose it's worth a try. There is a good chance, however, that prices will increase once the event is over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Vehno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Hi, I just tested this out myself and I was able to set the Scroll of Tome for 200 million. I even did 400 mil. Could you please provide a screen shot of your consignment shop and error message if you are still having this issue? b:thanks

There's no error msg at all, the Done button wasn't lit up to finish the setting up for catshop, that's it.

Yes sure Kantorek, thanks for the reply. I'll capture a ss and post it here when I get home.
  • kantorek
    edited September 2009
    Yep, I put the item in the Sell area.

I'll try again when I get home, still at work atm, darn work, i wtplay PWI b:dirty

Haha, ok. I'm at work too. b:quiet
    Where's your cat shop?b:avoid

That's on a need to know basis... b:cool
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009

Maybe that's a good idea for a coin sink, set up GM catshops with severely overpriced low-end goods so those that keep saying they want to get rid of their coins can do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think I saw your catshop, but I couldn't be sure because it was buried beneath a huge pile of, "BEST TOKEN" shops selling regular tokens for 4.9million each (just like I find mine often is, sadly... b:surrender).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • kantorek
    edited September 2009
    There's no error msg at all, the Done button wasn't lit up to finish the setting up for catshop, that's it.

Yes sure Kantorek, thanks for the reply. I'll capture a ss and post it here when I get home.

Actually, I think I've found the issue. Without a Shop License, you can only sell items up to 200000000 coins. This is because 2000000000 is the limit of how much coins you can carry at a time. WITH a Shop License, players will be able to purchase items from you using a Ten Million Bank Note, thus getting around the coin limitation of your inventory. If you have any amount of coins in your inventory, the system will account for that and limit the amount you can sell (when you receive the funds, your coin space will overflow and there's nowhere for it to go). Best thing to do is empty your coins from your inventory (deposit it into your bank), and then try selling it for 200000000. It should work then.
    Maybe that's a good idea for a coin sink, set up GM catshops with severely overpriced low-end goods so those that keep saying they want to get rid of their coins can do so.

Actually, its Test server ftw! b:victory
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    That makes sense, all the "Make offer" shops I've seen have been mooing instead of meowing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vehno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Ah, that makes sense.

So if I want to sell anything more than 100m, I need to buy a shop license, right?
  • kantorek
    edited September 2009
    Ah, that makes sense.

So if I want to sell anything more than 100m, I need to buy a shop license, right?

In the Cat/Cow shop anyways, yes. Through a normal trade you can still do 200 million.

EDIT: Actually, just try clearing your inventory of coins and do 200 million. There's no reason why that shouldn't work. Gah.. I'm confusing myself. b:surrender
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vehno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Kantorek. It's all clear now.

It's time for a shop license then b:laugh
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yesterday I put 2 items into my catshop. Both were exactly at 100m.

I do not have a shop licence and it worked fine. My char had 0 coins on them.

However, going even 1 coin over the 200m limit turned the "probable profit" from white to red.