Worst Stretch of WQ?

Peritia - Lost City
Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Simple poll, just for laughs and as a curiosity.

Which is your least favourite stretch of "Paperclip for a Villa"?

Optionally, discuss ways you kill time while doing WQ.

I often go afk or read the forums.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Peritia - Lost City on

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    On a few occasions recently. I've gone right from Hsusien (Sanc Bridge) to E. Barrier. MAN is that a long flight...
    Having said that, I hate any time I have to visit Tusk Town. Though that has more to do with bad memories of the place than any complaint over the route.
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    vol 9 -> vol 11 -> vol 12, misfortune is damn far. b:infuriated
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well... I hate going to:
    -Vol.5
    -Vol.9
    -Vol.11
    -Vol.12
    -Vol.16
    -Vol.27-30

The rest are ok, i use teleport most of the time :P
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Im glad if i skip 11, 15-16, 20-21, 26
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuzznutts - Sanctuary
    Fuzznutts - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    But also do most people use land mounts, or do like I do, and fly majority of it?
    If we always do what we've always done,
    We'll always get what we've always got~ (Unknown)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    1~5 is the worst. Unlike every other waypoints that are usually on a circle path around the map, 1~5 has waypoints on opposite sides of the map (2 southwest, 3 high north, 4 even lower southwest). Sucks when you get them in a row. Either you pay teleport fees or waste a long time flying.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Im glad if i skip 11, 15-16, 20-21, 26

Spoken like someone who actually has done a lot of WQ. Personally though, I'd rather skip 27 than 26. Going to 27 after going to 26 is backwards, and I don't like that one bit.

I do the whole 22-29 stretch on land mount though... that's probably the quickest. So I'd have to say 11 and 20-21 are the best to skip.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i hate the first few...they seem to have me doubling back on myself all the time, and that is irritating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I vastly dislike the whole WQ experience in general.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    First 5 r easy just tele reali cheap cost like 3k to get to all those spots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I hate going from 3-4. That's possibly the only time (unless I plan to afk) where I teleport before book 30.

Misfortune, no matter wtf I'm coming from, is a pain. Point blank.

And Tusk Town, because I never liked that area in the first place (glided princesses at level 58...*panics*). I skip it 99% of the time though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Flying to save tele costs on 1-5 is putting an extremely low value on your time. If you can't more than make up the tele cost grinding with the time you saved, you have a problem.

Misfortune is a dead end. If I can skip it, its a good WQ. If I skip stop 10 as well, its a great WQ. If I ever get lucky enough to get 9, [skip], 12, [skip], 15 I will stop doing WQ forever as it will never get better than that.

The long eastward stretch after 15/16 is a pain. The landscape is all broken so you cannot effectively use a land mount and the teleport routes for the most part don't connect east west through the south portion of the map. Getting from 15/16 to 20+ is a bigger time waster (or tele cost sink) than the final run out to 30.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Kysay - Heavens Tear
    Kysay - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I do my simple daily exercise routine while I do WQ.
    b:victory

Also I hate all of WQ. I hate flying around everywhere, I'd rather grind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Any volume to 30 is a pain
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2 -> 3 (timber man area)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    1-5 is the worst if you catch all 5 and dont use teleports

(this happens to me constantly)
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Meh I really don't care where WQ takes me, if I'm doing it at all it's while I'm working, and have plenty of time to do it.
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The entire thing is a pain...and I really wish they would up the exp based on level (like Crazy Stone).

But I kinda cheat...WQ = 15-20min max....TeleStones b:dirty

I only teleport when I can get to the next port from where I am. Otherwise ---> the stones b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I usually read e-mail/websurf while on "The Foxy World Tour"(tm).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The entire thing is a pain...and I really wish they would up the exp based on level (like Crazy Stone).

But I kinda cheat...WQ = 15-20min max....TeleStones b:dirty

I only teleport when I can get to the next port from where I am. Otherwise ---> the stones b:pleased

I used to do this until I did the math on how much money I was wasting b:chuckle
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I used to do this until I did the math on how much money I was wasting b:chuckle

*shrugs*

And now you can get them cheaper with Tokens!! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Worse for me is def. 11-15... with 16-20 coming in closely. I hate Misfortune, I just do.

I kill time by playing other games (console, handheld) and by chatting with faction or recruiting. Or by going AFK during long stretches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The worst parts are north east of arch and the dreaming cloud/dream weaver area. There aren't really any cheap teleports to go around there, and things are just far enough apart to be a pain.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The first five easily. The rest are tolerable because you're at least having direction when you fly. The first five start out as all over the place and are the worst stops in terms of trying to save time. The only occasion I ever use teleports would be if I'm on book 30 and am in a rush, so I teleport to 1000 Streams from South Arco.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    The only occasion I ever use teleports would be if I'm on book 30 and am in a rush, so I teleport to 1000 Streams from South Arco.

Much cheaper to teleport to Lost and cuts about half the time out. Especially if you run to 30 from there on a mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The first five easily. The rest are tolerable because you're at least having direction when you fly. The first five start out as all over the place and are the worst stops in terms of trying to save time. The only occasion I ever use teleports would be if I'm on book 30 and am in a rush, so I teleport to 1000 Streams from South Arco.

Why? For under 10k you can cut half the travel time out of WQ. If you figure that saves you 30 minutes... you can more than make the 10k back by killing mobs for that time.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Much cheaper to teleport to Lost and cuts about half the time out. Especially if you run to 30 from there on a mount.
    By having no time, I mean, barely enough time to get to 1000 Streams via teleport, fly quickly to book 30 stop, cube, and back to arco, and still wind up late. This actually happened last night, which is maybe the 3rd time I've ever done it. Was invited early to a BH squad and was doing crusade orders along my stops, would have missed our squad entirely (we don't waste time) if I had went to COTL and flew to streams. Any other time, though, when I use teleporting (but not in WQ) I have that same cost effective mentality. :)
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you gets books 1-4, the cost to teleport to all of them is about 5K. 5K versus the time it would take to fly/ride to those 4 stops. I don't understand why you wouldn't teleport to those first 4 books. The only reason I wouldn't is if I went from 2->4. Village of Brutes is a quick ride/flight from Broken Bridge.

I always teleport from South Arch to 1K Streams. Since I get a free teleport back to Arch from the Pup, I'm only paying 4k each way. That's worth it to me even over teleporting to Lost and flying/riding the rest of the way.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    I teleport 1-5. if I skip 5 I take the pup back to arch. I usually fly the rest, if I know I'm not going to finish it before work I'll use my factions free teleport to 11 and fly everything else aside from running on mount 15-16 if need be. If I'm not doing anything else I'll run from 22/23 to 29 as well, then hop the free tp to the top left of the map and run on mount down to 30, then free pup back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    28. I frequently get ambushed by the evil bunnies lurking in the shadows D:

WQ isn't something I mind too much. I just afk fly, point and click every 5 minutes and watch youtube. Nice break and free exp, what more could you want?