Undine? Useless for PVE?

Options
SOULFIEND - Dreamweaver
SOULFIEND - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Wizard
...I met a lvl 90ish wizard the otherday.who did not have undine??b:shocked.. when i asked her/him about it i was told its not really that great for pve so she hadnt bothered-_- ..so is it rather better to get Sophoric Whisper rather than undine as my first 79 skill? any constructive input would be appreciated.b:bye
Post edited by SOULFIEND - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well its only 1lvl (i think) wont hurt to get it and imo it should work nicely on boss's or life inc mobs tho u wouldnt really bother to undine evrey mob u attk since it takes alot of mana also its nice when u feel like hiting havy and take ss :P
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I LOVE undine in pve! Increased magic mob: Undine, extreme poison, Dragon, Glacial snare, sandstorm, few gush/pyro and dead! On TT bosses its cool too specially with another wizzy, but you better take some mp food cause undine eats your mana like crazy. But now I have it a few months, I cant imagine a life without it =)
    Wispers seems good too for pve, but I dont have the spirit and money atm to buy it...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SOULFIEND - Dreamweaver
    SOULFIEND - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok...well ty for da replys.. from what u guys have said..i think itl be worth it..then il get the sleep spell...ye can def afford da pages now thx to this eventb:laugh..ty for ur input its appreciatedb:bye
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Undine should definitely be the first of the 79 skills to get. Whisper I don't plan to get until I have my 89 skills (though I already have the pages)
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No undine for PvE? whoever said that should be shot with a '50 caliber.
    First, Increase magic mobs- helps a lot.
    Second: cube- boss rooms- there is a diff if I do 1.5k hit on gush/pyro spam or 2.1k/hit.
    Third: FBs/TTs - with 2 wizzies alternatig undine the damage is sick.
    Fourth: TW/PvP- undine an LA( archer/wizz/veno) and nuke it with a Posion (sparked if u have the chance). When u hit 2.7 - 3.2k on a undined archer with gush/pyro u know u do something right. If you have a lucky crit, good bye LA.

So yeah, listen that 90sh wizz and don't get undine...it's useless.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    3rd point : TT/FB Undine= you dead in less then 1 sec unless barb equal or higher then you and saw that you took agro and managed somehow take it back on time. Me crits like crazy and if x2 crits lay one after another 90% of time i'm searching hideout after that. (all above even without Undine) b:surrender
    4th Point : LOLz Topic was about PvE usage of it , isn't it? b:chuckle

On MagicRes mobs(not elite) usually standard combo then BT finisher ( at least some usage to stupid spell).
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A DD should never steal aggro. If u do you're either careless or stupid, plain and simple.

Topic is about PvE, but in every PvE there will be a time when u PvP.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yeefong
    yeefong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A DD should never steal aggro. If u do you're either careless or stupid, plain and simple.

Topic is about PvE, but in every PvE there will be a time when u PvP.

if you can't steal aggro after using udine and ur nukes then u mam are a failed wiz b:kiss
  • yeefong
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I do not have undine yet, but any properly equipped damage dealer capable of using a TT weapon should be able to survive pulling aggro, in most boss situations.

Meanwhile, I believe undine strike ought to benefit everyone in your party (if, for example, you used frostblade on your tank).

But I will shut up now: I will not have undine strike for months and months...

dun bother with udine unless u are planning to do tw and pvp, get whisper if u tend to pve. Use udine strike in ur tt or bh is def suicidal...as most boss in tt and bh will 1 shot u even with ur buffs and sand shield.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeefong wrote: »
    dun bother with udine unless u are planning to do tw and pvp, get whisper if u tend to pve. Use udine strike in ur tt or bh is def suicidal...as most boss in tt and bh will 1 shot u even with ur buffs and sand shield.

please stop bullsh!tting and feeding wrond info to ppl.
    No boss will 1 shot u after u use undine, no matter if is FB or TT, unless you're a r-tard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No undine for PvE? whoever said that should be shot with a '50 caliber.
    First, Increase magic mobs- helps a lot.
    Second: cube- boss rooms- there is a diff if I do 1.5k hit on gush/pyro spam or 2.1k/hit.
    Third: FBs/TTs - with 2 wizzies alternatig undine the damage is sick.
    Fourth: TW/PvP- undine an LA( archer/wizz/veno) and nuke it with a Posion (sparked if u have the chance). When u hit 2.7 - 3.2k on a undined archer with gush/pyro u know u do something right. If you have a lucky crit, good bye LA.

So yeah, listen that 90sh wizz and don't get undine...it's useless.

I just said I love undine. If you have spare coins, like me, why not? I like it, eventhough im on a pve server. Please dont shoot meb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if you can't steal aggro after using udine and ur nukes then u mam are a failed wiz b:kiss

The point of DD isn't to steal aggro, moron.

Give me your in-game name so I can avoid ever doing anything with you.

Why don't people understand that you DON'T have to use a skill every second you're DDing?
    Are you new or just failures?

It's called slowing DPS, learn to do it.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Personally I find little use out of undine outside of pvp or tw. But hey its good for those odd mag resis mobs i guess. However, on the other hand at 9x i barely kill mobs outside of doing my past daily. And in rebirth you don't really undine either.

If you have the spare coins and spirit in a pve server than get it I guess, I just think sleep would be more useful there.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Bull****. sorry. I'm pure wizard. And I'm using undine on bosses very often. You don't steal agro, if barb had already built his agro skill. And if barb is not too low level in comparing with you. In BH runs I never steal agro on bosses. And I'm hitting normally about 25000 without refined weapon. And I didn't steal agro even I hit cirka 49000 critical.
    Undine MUST have. Is very useful on boses and magic resistant mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Actually, if you were fighting a boss with 100 million health, and you waited until your tank had gotten him down to 49,999,999 health (maybe joining squad then), and you somehow delivered 49,999,998 damage in a single blow, you would not pull aggro.

(Or, you could be in a not-so-stupid situation where you also do not pull aggro. But this concept should be obvious.)

Where is boss with 100M health. I'm playing for 9 moth, but I never see boss with this health.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Where is boss with 100M health. I'm playing for 9 moth, but I never see boss with this health.b:pleased

It's in FB15, most people skip it cuz it's too hard. Some of us pros have done it though, great exp. b:laugh
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's in FB15, most people skip it cuz it's too hard. Some of us pros have done it though, great exp. b:laugh

b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astarielle - Heavens Tear
    Astarielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Agree with CeliaZ and Mumintroll, undine is excellent for TTs and BH and I use it all the time there especially with other wizzies in the squad. Though I don't use for grinding - which I don't really do anymore anyway - as it aggros the mob before you start attacking.

Although it's more mana to use it, if you're sage you have so much chi to 3 spark -> regain mana.

Soporific Whisper I hardly use, only in emergencies or TW. The cooldown means you can't use it consistently. I wouldn't prioritise this unless you duel or pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:surprised b:chuckle
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ...says a n00b that hasn't realized yet what a DD job is.

Every phail DD can steal aggro from a barb if he/starts attacking (debuffing) at the same time the barb lands the first hit or two. What do you want to prove there?
    Now go do you're homework and come back next summer after u finish 5th grade.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yeefong
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The point of DD isn't to steal aggro, moron.

Give me your in-game name so I can avoid ever doing anything with you.

Why don't people understand that you DON'T have to use a skill every second you're DDing?
    Are you new or just failures?

It's called slowing DPS, learn to do it.

thta is my ingame name u noob -_-'
  • yeefong
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ...says a n00b that hasn't realized yet what a DD job is.

Every phail DD can steal aggro from a barb if he/starts attacking (debuffing) at the same time the barb lands the first hit or two. What do you want to prove there?
    Now go do you're homework and come back next summer after u finish 5th grade.

Ursa can be translated into "stupidity at its max" now b:surrender
  • yeefong
    edited September 2009
    Options
    please stop bullsh!tting and feeding wrond info to ppl.
    No boss will 1 shot u after u use undine, no matter if is FB or TT, unless you're a r-tard.

well u seem to be esp **** so let me make it more simple for ur air head. Udine itself is not a nuke skill and I neva said a boss will 1 shot u after u use udine. learn to read or go back to kindie girl
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lol. Nobody ever said they COULDN'T steal agro, but that you SHOULDN'T. Why the **** would you want agro if you're a DD? You should learn how to read.

And while you're at it, stop triple posting like some idiot. Multiquote exists for a reason.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wispers seems good too for pve, but I dont have the spirit and money atm to buy it...

Lol....this actually has much more use for PVP than PVE,it's close to useless in PVE. Anyway a wiz ain't a wiz without undine strike.