FB69 questions

AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
hi pwi, doing my fb69 tomorrow hopefully. anyway the other day i helped out some members with a bh69 run. we wined it, and when we got to garunob (sorry cant exactly remember his name) he went smoothly minus the whole AoE thing, (and for a squad had a lvl 82 barb, 81 veno, 76 veno, non with herc, 73 mage, my lvl 70 self, and a lvl 62 cleric) when we did polearm the whole squad died, except for cleric and veno first time. cleric rezzed us, we tried again. myself and the other cleric didnt die. now we got to maybe 60-75% of polearms health, and the cleric and i couldnt keep the barbs health up. and im curious why, i usually never have that problem, her IH and mine were at lvl 10, i even tossed in a couple streams of rejuvanation, and the cleric during the second time BB'ed, and even with me healing the tank that still didnt work. now again why couldnt we keep the barb alive? Plz and ty for response b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
_CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
Post edited by AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Polearm has some scary debuff which massively increase his damage. Would be helpful to use lightning chaser (genie skill) to cancel his channeling. Also, either the barb sucked and/or the clerics were HA/LA builds.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Polearm has some scary debuff which massively increase his damage. Would be helpful to use lightning chaser (genie skill) to cancel his channeling. Also, either the barb sucked and/or the clerics were HA/LA builds.

um i was one of the clerics and im a full mag cleric, minus some misplaced points i havent delted yet. and the second cleric was a hybrid i believe

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What level was your barb?

BB against Polearm is a bad idea, btw.

Unless your barb is a living failure, 2 clerics spamming IH on him and purifying him when the debuff hits should be extremely easy.

TBB, by early 70s you should be able to handle it alone.
    and the second cleric was a hybrid i believe

Hybrid has nothing to do with it. TBH these days Hybrid = real cleric. Any cleric who can't do both should be left out of the party . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    well i cant remember if she bb'ed polearm or garunob (still cant remember name) and i wasnt saying the hybrid cleric messed us up, i was just replying to lloyd's comment, and stating that both of us wore robes. and now i know why the barb was taking loads of health becuase of the debuffs.

edited August 2009
    Im guessing its because you didnt know he debuffs so you never purified.
    edited August 2009
    There's no good reason to BB either of them, tbh. If you have two clerics, it's pretty basic. One cleric does nothing but IH, the other IH's and throws out a purify as sooin as the tank gets debuffed, and tosses a party heal now and then. If that doesn't work, find a better tank - or one of your clerics is lying about their IH or purify level.

I was very intimidated by Polearm at first, but it wasnt more than a level or two before I realized i could solo cleric it easily if I paid attention.

At that level, I can't think of any boss outside of TT that actually NEEDS a BB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    There's no good reason to BB either of them, tbh. If you have two clerics, it's pretty basic. One cleric does nothing but IH, the other IH's and throws out a purify as sooin as the tank gets debuffed, and tosses a party heal now and then. If that doesn't work, find a better tank - or one of your clerics is lying about their IH or purify level.
    this
    At that level, I can't think of any boss outside of TT that actually NEEDS a BB.

kun kun and soul hunter. b:shocked
    edited August 2009

No, Kun Kun need a RB, not a BB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Lol, I was that other cleric from OP:-)
    and i wear arcane :-)
    i bb'd at first boss, because ppl kept losing health way too fast, and he hasnt aoe so i felt pretty safe it wont drop - that worked well
    with polearm - it was my first time seeing him :/ but i read maddocs advice on healing for polearm so i knew what to expect and when to purify and at second attempt we coordinated with angel really well, he ih and purified, i ih and aoe healed squad, and... at one moment tank just started losing hp faster then we were able to heal him. either polearm got sick crits or we did do something wrong... (and that wrong wasnt 'not purified' as each debuff was cleared almost immediately)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hi pwi, doing my fb69 tomorrow hopefully. anyway the other day i helped out some members with a bh69 run. we wined it, and when we got to garunob (sorry cant exactly remember his name) he went smoothly minus the whole AoE thing, (and for a squad had a lvl 82 barb, 81 veno, 76 veno, non with herc, 73 mage, my lvl 70 self, and a lvl 62 cleric) when we did polearm the whole squad died, except for cleric and veno first time. cleric rezzed us, we tried again. myself and the other cleric didnt die. now we got to maybe 60-75% of polearms health, and the cleric and i couldnt keep the barbs health up. and im curious why, i usually never have that problem, her IH and mine were at lvl 10, i even tossed in a couple streams of rejuvanation, and the cleric during the second time BB'ed, and even with me healing the tank that still didnt work. now again why couldnt we keep the barb alive? Plz and ty for response b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks

I did fb69 myself since lvl68 and :

1. A barb with 8k HP (buffed) is hard to heal with cleric lvl71 and another cleric almost same lvl. Make sure the tank has more then 8k HP (or get another cleric lvl80+) BM lvl85 works as tank as well.

2. You have to purify! One of you purifys and heals the tank, second cleric heals the tank and squad (aoe heal, means the other out-of-range-DD and Cleric has to stay close to eachother). If the second one realises that the tank got debuffed again (right after the first purify), he has to react fast and purify asap!!
    One way or another, you both have to ask eachother what lvl of purify you have and who takes the part purifing the barb (suggest you min. lvl6 purify)

3. BB WONT WORK I dont know how many times i have to tell it (barbs dont undersdtand it tho, so i gave up to explain) YES, it takes some dmg away and YES it heals group. BUT IH at lvl10 heals 30% and BB only 20%! And it cant purify the tank if he gets debuffed 5 times non-stop (yes it stacks!). Other then this Polearm destroys BB. Its totaly useless to do BB at fb69. At any boss (even the first one, since he doesnt do any AOE at all).

4. Tell the tank not to turn Polerams Back to you. That means, boss is closer to you while you heal the tank and he can use aoe (the fire around him) to one-hit you. Stay far away as you can from him.

5. If the tank has less then 8k HP, tell him to use HP pots as well.

6. If you are only cleric there, dont heal the group. Keep only an eye on tank and purify as hell. Other squadmembers has to use HP-Pots.

Hmm...i think thats all...

Good luck
    ColdSnow

PS:...cleric lvl71? Then the other one should be at least lvl70+. Sorry Aya but lvl63 is defently to low. No wonder you both had a hard time.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Polearm hit me once with an AoE that normally does 250-350 dmg for 7k
    Instant 1 shot.
    How he did it, I have no idea to this day. I was at least 20m away so it was not a melee attk.
    I was in a very experienced squad, all 85+, barb was holding aggro... Still...it happened.
    Everyone was like "WTF?"...I did countless 69 runs, only happened once to be 1 shoted by a boss AoE.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I did fb69 myself since lvl68 and :

1. A barb with 8k HP (buffed) is hard to heal with cleric lvl71 and another cleric almost same lvl. Make sure the tank has more then 8k HP (or get another cleric lvl80+) BM lvl85 works as tank as well...

WOW... i have FB 69 tab... so, it's my turn next... THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE TIPPS <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
    edited September 2009
    WOW... i have FB 69 tab... so, it's my turn next... THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE TIPPS <3

Just remember, keep that purify at the ready - you should be fine b:victory
    Instant 1 shot.

Wow wtf - I've not experienced that yet, thankfully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Instant 1 shot.
    How he did it, I have no idea to this day. I was at least 20m away so it was not a melee attk.
    I was in a very experienced squad, all 85+, barb was holding aggro... Still...it happened.
    Everyone was like "WTF?"...I did countless 69 runs, only happened once to be 1 shoted by a boss AoE.

ive had that happen to me too.

i was there just spamming my skills and all of a sudden, im hugging the ground due to a 4k hit.
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My faction has done polearm many times and most times with only one cleric. If the barb is good he can break the AOE from polearm which makes it easier on all. If the barb misses breaking the AOE then the cleric will need to purify right away. It also helps cleric if all caster stay at max casting range.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009

b:embarrass ever tried to purify?

Also if squad members have chanelling breakin skills (like barbs alacrity, or bms one of fist skill - don't remember the name; there's also a genie skill--- um lightning chaser? or catcher or smth like that) that helps a lot... & you never even have to deal with aoes or debuffs.
    Originally Posted by Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Instant 1 shot.
    1. Were you by chance standing close to him? Don't...
    2. Perhaps you were atking & stole agro?
    3. Did you debuff the boss with the phys debuff seal? & still had it when he aoed?
  • Heihachii - Heavens Tear
    Heihachii - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just curious, is his aoe/debuff a visible channel? or one of those random instant ones?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009

kun kun is so scary b:shocked he resisted everything I throw at him~ even now after gaining like 30 levels he still does~ b:shocked
    xD and those dam antelope pups shooting ice while the spiders poison~ sooo neeeds BB~

lol just kidding xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just curious, is his aoe/debuff a visible channel? or one of those random instant ones?

It's visible, a good barb can interrupt almost every single ability Polearm uses. On the rare occasion he doesn't interrupt and the one that hits is the debuff (he has 2 ae's plus the debuff), the barb can tortise until purify hits. Is casting animation is also rather easy to see.
  • meezevil
    meezevil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    At my time, I was with lvl74 barb there (TT-equipped, nothing extra quality), everything went flawlessly, with 2 clerics (1 of them was me with the tabs), just watching out to purify in time :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A couple of points, yes the debuff is very easy to see. The ring you see around the bosses feet is it channeling. If u can cast purify as soon as u see that the debuff will disappear almost instantaneously from the barb and they will suffer no dmg from it.

Also, both bosses pretty much cast every ten seconds on the dot. I find that u can cast 3 IH and then just get ready to purify, you can even cast 1-2 IH and a party heal and then get ready to purify ( lower lvl clerics may not be able to do this). Once you know how to do it, and u concentrate... its really easy. I have solo healed a bm that only had slightly more than 5k hp for both of those bosses without any charm ticks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?