Genies should be call pixies!

Tawnos - Dreamweaver
Tawnos - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
The word genie brings a totally different mental picture for people in United States and related communities. Pixie might be a better name for this kind of mythological creature.
Post edited by Tawnos - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Utopia - Dreamweaver
    Utopia - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I kept calling them fairies when they first became available. I had to train myself to get used to the term genie b:chuckle but I like your suggestion. Pixie works too!
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree.... and even if they are Genies..... I WANT MY WISHES!!!!!! Thats why i got one....

Fairy Race would be ice to play as^_^ but i agree call that little flying fish bait behind you a Pixy
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Well if we keep this thread alive maybe we can call the atention of the GM and get the name changed at least in the international version!
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Does it really matter what they're called? Yeah, fairy or pixie probably be more appropriate (personally, I prefer fairy) but whatever they're called won't change gameplay at all.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Does it really matter what they're called? Yeah, fairy or pixie probably be more appropriate (personally, I prefer fairy) but whatever they're called won't change gameplay at all.

Well that is the reason for a suggestion box. Maybe the gameplay will not change but if the majority think a different name is better I do not see a reason to not pay attention to this kind of small petitions.
  • Parvati - Dreamweaver
    Parvati - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't agree with Pixie.
    Genie, I definitely think looks like this.. I think most people would think so.
    Uuh, Pixie?
    Fairy sounds better in my opinion.

But then again, I call the animals in this game for Demons, it's just something I've gotten used to since playing Shin Megami Tensei quite a bit...
    Meeh, anyhow. I prefer Genie over Pixie, but Fairy over Genie.
  • Bijin - Dreamweaver
    Bijin - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've just ignored the fact that they're called Genies and have been referring to them as Fairies from day one. It would however be more convenient to rename them Fairies. If only for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]