Not Letting Me log in ??

Jraye - Sanctuary
Jraye - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
Why cant i Log in it Says Unable to connect to server what is that about??b:angry
Post edited by Jraye - Sanctuary on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    moved to tech support, I just logged into your server with no issue. Where are you located?
  • Jraye - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I am on sanctuary server in the US I didnt have this prob till after the update could that have caused it ??
  • Veris_cross - Sanctuary
    Veris_cross - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yeah i'm having that same problem after the update.
  • Jraye - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Again sry for the multiple post it wont happen again But now back to subject i have verified with nothing wrong and my version is 188 Why wont it let me log in now it seems others are having this prob is there a way to fix it ??
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Again sry for the multiple post it wont happen again But now back to subject i have verified with nothing wrong and my version is 188 Why wont it let me log in now it seems others are having this prob is there a way to fix it ??

That's really odd, but a few people seem to be experiencing the same issue. Our tech guys should be lurking around, I'm sure they have a better idea than I
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In all honesty, I would try to reboot computer and then try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Try rebooting, also try unplugging/turning off your networking gear for a few minutes.

Turn those back on, and then reboot your PC.

Make sure that you have the right server selected, that you don't have CAPS LOCK on, etc.

If the server shows HIGH beside its name, it may be busy (at or near capacity), and you may have to try again later or try playing on another server for a little bit.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Jraye - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    LOL i have rebooted , turned off my firewall i am on the verge of deleting the game and reinstalling i just want to know if this is a small prob or if that is a step i need to take but if others are having the same prob i would like to try to get it resolved before i take that step
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What specific networking things have you tried?

Info and links to networking and IP addresses are in my sig below.

What antivirus software are you using? Did you add exceptions for the game files and our IP addresses?

The main game files are pwprotector.exe, patcher.exe, launcher.exe and elementclient.exe.

Sometimes when the game patches, a player's security software will block it because it thinks the original core program files are being modified against it's will, so-to-speak.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Jraye - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    show i should reinstall the patch even thou it says that i am using version 188??
  • xroalia1
    xroalia1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It won't let me log in either. It's up to date and nothing has changed with my security software, and I have never had a problem like this before...
  • _malkavian_ - Dreamweaver
    _malkavian_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    is this the problem ? http://img199.imageshack.us/i/20090915192252.png/

before maintenance i was able to log in i downloaded the manual patch after maintenance and today i tried to play but .... ( look at the pic ) yeah xD i cant play . And the problem isnt the firewall or anti virus i have unchecked the antivirus option in the msconfig windows and pw is allowed in the firewall option :O so .... what should i do D: ? thanks in advice guys
  • xroalia1
    xroalia1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That's the error I keep getting as well.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm having the same problem. I'm able to get into the 3 original servers, but not Dreamweaver or Harshlands.
  • rhendura
    rhendura Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well since many people are having the same problem i think we can conclude that the two PVE servers are down for some reason.

on a somewhat related note i am unable to access the Technical Service from the main site. is anyone else having this problem? if not could u bring this up on there and post the answer?
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hmmm, well I was playing a good bit today after the patch, but was DC'd roughly 20 mins ago. Now I can not log in to Dreamweaver either. All other servers are showing a ping time, did Dreamweaver recently crash?
  • Jet_Sterling - Dreamweaver
    Jet_Sterling - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think it's also interesting that I can't select my avatar on the forums and I also am apart of the Dreamweaver server and can't log in.
    edited September 2009
    yeah you can play on HT LC but not in harshland or dreamweaver D: may be there will be a surprise for the new servers :D ?
  • Alexea - Dreamweaver
    Alexea - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm having the same exact problem DX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elve - Dreamweaver
    Elve - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm in Dreamweaver and I'm also seeing this problem. Though a friend of mine thought maybe I had been banned (I purchased gold recently and a friend got banned for some technical problems; just a precautionary check.) So she let me log into her account, and I was able to access her character. Could this perhaps be something happening with characters of a certain age?
    I know the awesome tech guys are on the problem already ;D Hopefully solutions are found soon. ^^

Edit: At now 3:27, i cannot log into any account.
  • rhendura
    rhendura Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    one of my friends just talked to me and said that she got onto dreamweaver fine >_>
  • RedNicklaus - Harshlands
    RedNicklaus - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    same issue here...getting same screen as was posted earlier...server list shows good ping times on all servers though
  • Elve - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Well, after letting the log in screen sit for about 5 minutes (since i last posted) it now is letting me in. Hopefully the server was just getting a tad crowded ;D
  • RedNicklaus - Harshlands
    RedNicklaus - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If I let the login screen sit it gives me the server network error after a bit...
    edited September 2009
    :O !!!! gonna try it NAO i wanna play D:
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    We've identified an issue with the East Coast servers, restarting the network for those two at 8:05pm EST. More details here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=430132
  • Philly - Harshlands
    Philly - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i waited 2 8:05 est no change wats up with this? b:sad
  • Elve - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Just give them time, lol. Im sure they are working hard to fix the problems. ^^
    Come on, takes time to deal with all the rants in Wc too >_<
    Itll get done when it gets done. :)
  • ninad
    ninad Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am having log in issues with my Vista computer. XP computer runs the game fine so cable, IP issues and router issues shoudl be fine. I have tried manual patch twice, rebooted, turned everything off, anit virus is off on vista computer and I unstalled and reinstalled PWI. Still no luck. Husband can play on XP computer, but after 2 days and nights of trying I still can't play on Vista. Custumoer service is down toaday of course..
    so I guess I give it a bit longer, then find another game to play.
  • Justinian - Harshlands
    Justinian - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got in for about a minute then was dc'ed. I've never EVER been disconnected from this game. What's going on? Don't fix what's not broken!!!

b:angry
This discussion has been closed.