FF: curvades, frags and jades

Options
ExELFine - Heavens Tear
ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Seeing that new quests have been implemented in FF, it seems we now have to exchange our curvades and FF related mats with the Martial Arts NPC.

That's all very fine except for a few considerations. Let's see what the Martial Arts NPC says when he makes the trade:

"Order of Prosperity

The God of Prosperity is in the Office!

Recieve (sic) a glorious reward by giving this item (sic) the Martial Arts Master.

Each one of those orders exchanges for 1000 coins"

Ok, so I exchanged 5 curvades for 50 Orders of Prosperity -- and there was no option for the Ming jade.

When I try to exchange my 50 Orders, it becomes impossible, as the minimum exchange is set at 100.

Now, I would like to draw our GM's attention to the fact that doing the FF quests and runs previous to the last update, required lots of resources from us players, including MP & HP charms, equipment and weapons many of which were bought from the Boutique and note that it took many runs in those FF dungeons to even be able to manufacture one single curvade and, all of a sudden, they become worthless pieces of guano because of an update only you can qualify as genial.

Genial indeed, for your pockets, not for our gameplay or wallets.

If I'm missing something, please let me know, otherwise, I can only say it is pretty shameful of you GMs, tricking us so lamely...

b:angry

P.s.: Needless to say I never got 1K coins for any of my orders, they are just worthless pieces of guano...
[SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Crafting:
Tailor: lev 7
Blacksmith: lev 6
Craftsman: lev 6
Apothicary: lev 5
SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
Post edited by ExELFine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RevelBlades - Lost City
    RevelBlades - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah, this FF update is ugly......

My email to PWI

Subject: Re: [PWE Customer Service #SKN-15252-416] PWI :: Gameplay :: Forgotten Frostlands
    To: "PWE Customer Service Group" <customerservice@perfectworldinc.com>
    Date: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 10:36 AM

Why were 5 curvades removed from my inventory? Other folks had theirs in Safe and didn't lost them. Why should I because I had them on me?

Their reply

From: PWE Customer Service Group <customerservice@perfectworldinc.com>
    Subject: Re: [PWE Customer Service #SKN-15252-416] PWI :: Gameplay :: Forgotten Frostlands
    To: stuffed@PWI.com
    Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 6:34 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately, we cannot recover missing curvades from player inventory. You will no longer have to collect curvades to access squad mode. You may have misplaced or traded the items away to a different character.

I feel just great......
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    After getting the Orders of Prosperity, talk to the Martial Arts Master. He has a quest to trade in the orders for coin.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah, this FF update is ugly......

My email to PWI

To: "PWE Customer Service Group" <customerservice@perfectworldinc.com>
    Date: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 10:36 AM

Why were 5 curvades removed from my inventory? Other folks had theirs in Safe and didn't lost them. Why should I because I had them on me?

Their reply

From: PWE Customer Service Group <customerservice@perfectworldinc.com>
    To: stuffed@PWI.com
    Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 6:34 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately, we cannot recover missing curvades from player inventory. You will no longer have to collect curvades to access squad mode. You may have misplaced or traded the items away to a different character.

I feel just great......

Because the squad mode quest was removed, and a feature of quests is, when you trash them they trash the quest items, even if that item happens to be in your normal inventory.

It's not a big deal anyways really. I only walked away with something like 165k, from the mats to squad flag two people with some random extra stuff. I think I lost coin actually after how long it took to do the exchanges.
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ...Why were 5 curvades removed from my inventory? Other folks had theirs in Safe and didn't lost them. Why should I because I had them on me?

Ouch...

Brael
    replied:
    when you trash them they trash the quest items, even if that item happens to be in your normal inventory.

Ah ok, so it's automated.

Vidalaire
    wrote:
    After getting the Orders of Prosperity, talk to the Martial Arts Master. He has a quest to trade in the orders for coin.

Thanks, I will try that, but I don't remember him having any quests for me at the time I made the curvade exchange. I will try again.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • RevelBlades - Lost City
    RevelBlades - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Because the squad mode quest was removed, and a feature of quests is, when you trash them they trash the quest items, even if that item happens to be in your normal inventory.

It's not a big deal anyways really. I only walked away with something like 165k, from the mats to squad flag two people with some random extra stuff. I think I lost coin actually after how long it took to do the exchanges.

You think you lost coin? I got nothing after several weeks of farming those mats.

No 165k, no Orders of Prosperity, nothing.......

Just 5 empty spaces in my inventory and a note from PWI saying I screwed up....

yay..............
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

If I'm missing something, please let me know, otherwise, I can only say it is pretty shameful of you GMs, tricking us so lamely...

I'm with you with the frustration of latest updates, however, GMs have nothing to do with this. GMs don't even know what updates will be released next week.
    This is more to PW project managers + developers + marketing people.

Sometimes I feel bad to see GMs get blamed for all that they cannot even control. b:sad
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i didnt have the quest at marshal arts master either so i checked every day when doing crazy stone and yesterday there was a gold sheild above his head... quest was there... problem solved...
    although 1000 coins is a bit lame lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miggie - Heavens Tear
    Miggie - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I too lost curvades from my invent....

but with the ones i did have left i traded them for orders but mine say i cant exchange for 1k coins til lvl 85 b:sad