Monies... ;_;

Options
RevanKhaos - Dreamweaver
RevanKhaos - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Tideswell (East)
Wow... this game gets harder and harder every level. Yeah, you might kill things faster, but you have hardly ANY money for anything.

I am not doing Dragon Quest so I'm selling all my DQ items. (No, Not Dairy Queen.) I've got 15 Luck Tokens but no clue on earth what to do with them. I've had my weapon that I'm currently using (***Trial Crossbow) since level 20 and I'm level 39 now. I want to buy a mold, but have no money. I want to get skills, but have no money. Most of the money I get goes straight to Potions and Ammo. Then I'm bankrupt again. Just enough to travel a few times and get some quests done.

Pointers? o_o

I'm thinking on just getting Zen from Target, then selling gold. Could easily have 4 mill if I sold 10 gold. xD (Thanks to the inflated gold prices due to Anni Packs.)

What to do? o_o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RevanKhaos - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Belliall - Dreamweaver
    Belliall - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    4m coins is nothing, btw change ur tokens at pwi boutique agent for itemsb:surrender
  • RevanKhaos - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know THAT much about the Tokens. But WHAT to get is the question. Mysterious Chips? (Some would say that's the best option.) Training Esotericas? I have no clue what to get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Advice: if you're going to sell gold, you're probably better off WCing about it instead of putting it in the AH. Or, since most of the people are buying Anniversary Packs anyway, just buy those and catshop them at the gold rate price.

I didn't think selling gold in the AH cost Silver (100 Silver = 1 Gold)...I thought it the fee was from coins...so yeah. Unless you really want to put it up in AH...it's up to you. XD
    edited September 2009
    Options
    jaeseu wrote: »
    Advice: if you're going to sell gold, you're probably better off WCing about it instead of putting it in the AH. Or, since most of the people are buying Anniversary Packs anyway, just buy those and catshop them at the gold rate price.

I didn't think selling gold in the AH cost Silver (100 Silver = 1 Gold)...I thought it the fee was from coins...so yeah. Unless you really want to put it up in AH...it's up to you. XD

Oh, thank you for that. I remember reading about the price for selling gold in the AH. It had completely left my mind, though. Thank you for reminding me. Good idea. ^^

Edit: And who ever would have thought that free to play meant "You're poor if you play for free. Buy our stuff! >=( "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, try a Venomancer. It is totally free (I didn't even use charms on my 9x Money Veno). And if you only PvE, you don't even have to feel that bad about being super poor xD.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    9x Money? Is there some kind of device that gives you extra money? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    9x Money? Is there some kind of device that gives you extra money? O.o

For me, that device was my Venomancer xD. By 9x I meant level 90+. I just used that term because that is the only thing I used the Venomancer for. Just doing TTs (At no cost except time), and grinding for profit (Back in the day).

You know how Clerics use MP and occasionally lose HP to monsters? Venomancers don't, just throw a Pet at them and Heal. Then you use various MP and HP recovery skills and you are set.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Goodness. No wonder there are so many Venos now. ._.

I'm a dude though... And it would be a bit awkward playing a chick. If I did, I'd be sure to get Plumed Embrace. My favorite outfit. o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Goodness. No wonder there are so many Venos now. ._.

I'm a dude though... And it would be a bit awkward playing a chick. If I did, I'd be sure to get Plumed Embrace. My favorite outfit. o_o

Don't forget that PvE with a Veno is about as dull as...

Well its really boring. No risk involved, and if there is risk, then you probably aren't profiting. That is how coins are generated in this game, with the heavy price tag of boredom. (Well and popping Packs now too :3)
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not much of a PvP'er. I like PvE. You get to know people better without bashing their faces in. I'm an Archer... My archer is cool and all... but Eh... if he gets more than 1 monster on him, it's hard to fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Don't forget that PvE with a Veno is about as dull as...

Well its really boring. No risk involved, and if there is risk, then you probably aren't profiting. That is how coins are generated in this game, with the heavy price tag of boredom. (Well and popping Packs now too :3)

True, you can play a veno and take no risks.
    Heck, you can do that as any class. Do level 1 mobs even try to fight back?

If you're not at risk, then you're not doing as well as you could.

Edit: Being helpful for a moment:

Crafting is actually a pretty good way to get two star weapons, or you can try the auction house for two (with good mods) and three star ones.
    Molds are usually too expensive to bother with, although yes, they are generally better. You'll not be using any particular weapon for very long, anyway.
    Or get a group and run the FBs repeatedly. Three stars drop regularly, molds sometimes.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just grind.

And get used to money shortage at that lvl, at 45 or so you'll start grinding, wich makes quite alot of money.

Or, instead of useing potions, just rest a minute
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I could always just rest. However, I just like getting the dang quests done. I can be... quite impatient at times. ;_;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brave_soul - Dreamweaver
    Brave_soul - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im a veno dude and i am a male homo sapien! (dont any1 say anything about the homo in that) but as long as your toon is worth looking at then it's all good!
    edited September 2009
    Options
    xD I made a Veno... I'm just kinda lazy to level it at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    Tailzz - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wow so 10 dollars for 10 gold...4 mill for 10 dollars.....
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I guess that really isn't that great of an idea. Hmm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derako - Dreamweaver
    Derako - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have two tips for making cash that isn't in Amiris's guide.

1. Sell gold,
    - It is worth 400k+ right now, go to the free ZEN offers and complete some of them and sell them. Easy cash. I have made 1.2 million in the last day or two.

2. Fill Offers in Archosaur,
    -Look at all those "B/S Mats" cat shops you see in west Arch.
    Say someone was looking for Silk Thread for 4k each. Use the database
    (http://www.pwdatabase.com/)
    Find the monster that drops them and slay away and go sell your loot.

Right now i am filling an order for 93 Hay for 4k each thats...

Rudolph Pups drop Hay at a decent clip.

-Derako
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Aside from the suggestions to farm and grind wich you know already

Go NPC. I did until 72. had a ton of money. I just got rid of all my 3***, legendary, and TT cr@p for Npc stuff again. I cost me 350k for all my NPC gear today lol. the game was just too easy. You know what? its only about 10% harder. But its enough to keep you on your toes.

bounty hunter, give exp but no money.

crazy stone, gives exp but no money

world quest, gives exp but no money

double exp weekends, give exp but no money.

Training esotericas, give exp, but no money.

call to duties. Give exp but no money

Zhen parties, give exp, but costs alot too

Rebirth. with the cost of charms, it costs alot.

new FF instance. Gives exp. no money.

Cube, gives exp and with gold prices now, no money

Are you seeing a pattern here? Have yo asked why? well let me tell you. To get you to a high level as fast as possible while keeping you as poor as possible. That way you will spend to not be a "fail". Gotta keep up with the Joneses don't ya know?

If you are going to play for free and want all the NEAT gear, then you will have to level slower. you can level as fast or faster than CS players (since you are not shopping or farming for gear) but you wont look pretty, with lights all over you like a christmas tree. Its up to you.

If you go all NPC guess what? you can afford pots & charms even at these horrendous prices. With that you can do whatever the heck you want.

EDIT: Derakos second advice is very good too. I have know to fill orders to make fast cash. Very very good advice there.
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1)maybe u simply use to many skills
    make macro:
    cold arrow, shot, shot, knockback, shot, shot, lightning, shot
    -at higher level can take lightning out
    -this should kill normal monsters before they get to you unless u miss at knockback or cold arrow
    -remember that knockback have 12 seconds cooldown time, if you won't wait couple seconds before using this macro it will do more normal shot before using knockback
    2) you can make veno alt, if you don't rly like it then atleast get it to lvl 20 and catch baby pets every 12 hours. and already like half venos are actually guys, so another guy playing veno will not be anything new
    3)merchant(buy and sell items)
    -use 2nd pc if have
    -leave pc on at nights
    -if can't do 2 above then you can always merchant in AH, but remember there is fee
    4) farm mats, you can sell mid, high grade mats for 3-4k each except herbs
    5) if your guild have many crafters then don't craft, its hell expensive and all mats will go in crafting lvling and their quests not gears/weps for yourself. sell mats and find cheap gears in AH
    6) PKing is expensive and you can lose gears if you don't have angels with you so better stay out of it
  • Ivala - Dreamweaver
    Ivala - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wow... this game gets harder and harder every level. Yeah, you might kill things faster, but you have hardly ANY money for anything.

I am not doing Dragon Quest so I'm selling all my DQ items. (No, Not Dairy Queen.) I've got 15 Luck Tokens but no clue on earth what to do with them. I've had my weapon that I'm currently using (***Trial Crossbow) since level 20 and I'm level 39 now. I want to buy a mold, but have no money. I want to get skills, but have no money. Most of the money I get goes straight to Potions and Ammo. Then I'm bankrupt again. Just enough to travel a few times and get some quests done.

Pointers? o_o

I'm thinking on just getting Zen from Target, then selling gold. Could easily have 4 mill if I sold 10 gold. xD (Thanks to the inflated gold prices due to Anni Packs.)

What to do? o_o

At level 41 u wont have alot of gold...and really u dont need alot either...when u start hitting 60 u do this thing called twilight temple then u make cash off of the mats they drop...at my level (81) i can make around 7-8 mil a week (not including TW pay) grinding quest and doing TT and Rebirths.
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I need to make about 30m soon... Hopefully, I'll be able to do it. ><