Fake Bidding?

Ikurei - Dreamweaver
Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Alrighty then, I asked this question in another thread but no one answered me (we were having too much fun flaming the OP). The thread was deleted so if someone did answer me then I didn't see it.b:sweat

Simple question; what is fake bidding?
Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
"Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
"Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
"Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
"We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
"Necro hunting >:3
Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
"Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
Post edited by Ikurei - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just a guess but fake bidding sounds like bidding and not having the coin to do it.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It was answered, luckily I caught it before it poofed, since I didn't know either. It means a faction who already controls a territory will create an alternate guild and use it to bid on their own territory so they don't have to actually defend it.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Just a guess but fake bidding sounds like bidding and not having the coin to do it.

I don't know, doesn't seem like something that would warrant a ban.
    ****, I meant bidding in regards to TW (not the auction). Probably should have mentioned that in my previous post.b:surrender

Edit: Rurik posted while I was typing this so I guess I don't need to edit my first post. This thread is now about kittens.
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A faction that places a bid to interupt other faction's bidding strategies. Aka trying to protect a faction's land by messing up the schedule of the attackers.

Ex. 3 strong factions are attacking Faction X and will likely get the same the same attack time. Then Faction Y puts in a bid or outbids one of the stronger factions. Faction Y being a no-name or alt of Faction X, this makes it a "false bid". Faction Y will "protect" one of Faction X's lands as they oppose no threat and just give Faction X more time to defend against the other two factions.

This is just one example, not all "fake" bidding is the same.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It was answered, luckily I caught it before it poofed, since I didn't know either. It means a faction who already controls a territory will create an alternate guild and use it to bid on their own territory so they don't have to actually defend it.

You caught my post before it went bye bye b:laugh.
    But that is what it means in regards to TW; it's highly bannable to fake bid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Omfg I Want D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited September 2009

pretty much, kinda like an insurance scam lol.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I thought fake bidding is bid on the territory but not attack it just to annoy the other guild and distract them from the main war.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This thread is now about kittens.

That was the most amazing 1 and a half minutes of my life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • KittyAngelX - Dreamweaver
    KittyAngelX - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think I know what she is talking about. We saw it last weekend as well.

A faction with reportedly 8 people came in and dueled with another faction over bidding.

The problem was every time X would bid, a second later Y would answer. Then x would bid again, Y would counter. Soon the territory went from 600 k, upwards of 2 mil because a faction did the betting this way.

If this is what happened this week, as it did last week, with the same 8-10 people, I suspect with the logs on TW the 8-12 will be banned on cheating.. Because according to the rules, you need at least 30 + in faction to do it.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its a pretty dumb idea actually.
    if a faction isnt "big" and wants to TW it doesnt mean its fake bidding.
    But if a faction that owns a lot of land made a smaller, weaker faction made from alts "attacked their own" territory...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its a pretty dumb idea actually.
    if a faction isnt "big" and wants to TW it doesnt mean its fake bidding.
    But if a faction that owns a lot of land made a smaller, weaker faction made from alts "attacked their own" territory...

Of course, fake bidding is mostly an issue with smaller, less known factions. If they happen to outbid any of the bigger ones, everyone's putting up the flag right away.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • windfern
    windfern Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok I read what would be called Fake Bidding and also that this is Bannable.

But then I ask my self Why? to me it sounds like a good Strategy. While this game isnt real world why cant you have allies to protect your land, We do in the real world.

Even one day I want to TW and will some day. If the faction has real people and they play as that Faction, Why cant they ally with another to protect the land that they won.

Now to make a faction with no members but the leader and non playing, This I would say was cheating cause your taking winning or monies to give to the fake faction to out bid real factions. I realy dont think many factions have 200mil to out bid the Land holders......

Just my thoughts on Fake bidding
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    windfern wrote: »
    Now to make a faction with no members but the leader and non playing, This I would say was cheating cause your taking winning or monies to give to the fake faction to out bid real factions. I realy dont think many factions have 200mil to out bid the Land holders......

Just my thoughts on Fake bidding

If I'm understanding what everyone's saying correctly then that's exactly what's happening (or at least something similar).
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Fake bidding should usually be much cheaper than 200 million coins. The most effective of fake bids won't go over a million coins. This is because it is much more cost effective to disrupt time schedules than it is to try to keep another faction out of TW. Not to mention, a person is much more likely to get caught fake bidding if they have to both PM someone and constantly mail them coins to keep increasinging the bid (This is supposedly how they catch you but I have my doubts).

So, the best way to fake bid, would be by using 3 or more trusted middle men to pass the 1 million or so coins through. Pass first to a lower ranking member in your own faction, then a member of another faction, and then finally to the leader of the fake bidding faction. If trades must be made to make it all seem legit then you do it, and return the items at a later time. But this is just to fake bid with a very small, illegitimate faction xD.

Much more effective than that is to just pick up a real, but poor and low leveled faction, and offering them some incentive to attack you. Can't call it fake bidding if the faction is real and the attack is real, although laughable xD.

I am fairly certain that every big faction has fake bid at least once in their lifetime. I'm sure people also try to justify their actions with a lot of words, but in the end they just put winning first (I have :3).

Oh, did I forget to mention that the TW system sucked? If they just randomized and increased the number of defense in a time period then you wouldn't get so many monopolies on the TW maps. But things hardly ever change for the better =/. Instead we get a lot of GM intervention to try to handle a problem that would be better dealt with developer side.