World Chat

Balint - Dreamweaver
Balint - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
I'm really starting to get annoyed.
There's only two solutions I can think of for this.
Either make the blacklist longer, or make it bannable to spam the WC with stupid ****.
WC should only be used for trade offers and looking for parties... not for saying I love you or getting into a debate on who has the bigger e-peen.
Seriously GMs/Mods/Devs/Whatever. What the hell? I can't tell you how disappointed I was the other day when I was loading my blacklist when all of a sudden about 10 people decided to have a convo on WC, only to tell me that my BL was full. T_T
Post edited by Balint - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    why don't u just put your chat on faction or squad, and make sure all other chat's except world chat is visible in it >.> ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    why don't u just put your chat on faction or squad, and make sure all other chat's except world chat is visible in it >.> ?

because good deals are thrown up in world chat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Problem with that is he'd miss people buying/selling and people looking for squads to do RB or whatever else. Personally, I'd like a longer blacklist.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Balint - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Well, I shouldn't have to do that. Plus what if by doing that, I miss a WC that I actually want to see?

Edit- beat me to it O.o
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Problem with that is he'd miss people buying/selling and people looking for squads to do RB or whatever else. Personally, I'd like a longer blacklist.

^ This8910
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    combined to one post for moving to suggestion forum
    I'm really starting to get annoyed.
    There's only two solutions I can think of for this.
    Either make the blacklist longer, or make it bannable to spam the WC with stupid ****.
    WC should only be used for trade offers and looking for parties... not for saying I love you or getting into a debate on who has the bigger e-peen.
    Seriously GMs/Mods/Devs/Whatever. What the hell? I can't tell you how disappointed I was the other day when I was loading my blacklist when all of a sudden about 10 people decided to have a convo on WC, only to tell me that my BL was full. T_T
    because good deals are thrown up in world chat
    Well, I shouldn't have to do that. Plus what if by doing that, I miss a WC that I actually want to see?

Edit- beat me to it O.o
    ^ This8910
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Balint - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Funny, I thought I'd have a bunch of people telling me to deal with it and calling me a QQer. Glad to know I'm not the only one who sees the stupidity in this.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Funny, I thought I'd have a bunch of people telling me to deal with it and calling me a QQer. Glad to know I'm not the only one who sees the stupidity in this.

lol yea, we've all been asking for a blacklist expansion or to remove the blacklist cap entirely for a veeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy long time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Well, I do hate to disappoint so...

QQ moar noob!b:scorn
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Honestly, I think everyone hates WC by this point. It's the same old spam by the same old people over and over and over again. They stock up on hundreds of teles and argue with each other over stupid ****. I spend most of my time in Faction Chat so I can ignore the yellow stream.
  • Balint - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Well, I do hate to disappoint so...

QQ moar noob!b:scorn

b:chuckle
    Honestly, I think everyone hates WC by this point. It's the same old spam by the same old people over and over and over again. They stock up on hundreds of teles and argue with each other over stupid ****. I spend most of my time in Faction Chat so I can ignore the yellow stream.

Yep... but I don't have a faction chat, and I don't want to be in a faction for me to have a faction chat. And even if I did, I still don't want to miss the WCs that actually have something to offer.
  • lilhobo
    lilhobo Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have a couple ideas,

One there could be 3 different types of world chat.
    Trade
    Quests/ Squad
    Random for all those annoying people.

I think this may help with the finding the items and partys for quests.
    I get very annoyed with world chat too on the Lost City server.
    anyways let me know what you guys think and the more ideas the better cause then we can find something that works for us and its helpful. that way you dont even need to blacklist a lot of them cause you wont need to listen to them
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lilhobo wrote: »
    I have a couple ideas,

One there could be 3 different types of world chat.
    Trade
    Quests/ Squad
    Random for all those annoying people.
    Or the special option to deal with all those annoying people,a 9mm

I think this may help with the finding the items and partys for quests.
    I get very annoyed with world chat too on the Lost City server.
    anyways let me know what you guys think and the more ideas the better cause then we can find something that works for us and its helpful. that way you dont even need to blacklist a lot of them cause you wont need to listen to them

Thats how id deal with em b:pleased
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    U r teh nub u ned QQ MOER LOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously though, I really ignore WC most of the time, BL the people who REALLY annoy me, and just live with it. If it's too bad I just turn it off.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yep... but I don't have a faction chat, and I don't want to be in a faction for me to have a faction chat. And even if I did, I still don't want to miss the WCs that actually have something to offer.

I don't have a faction ATM, either. But I set up the default chats so that common gives me everything, Squad gives me everything but World Chat, and Faction ignores both Common, and World Chat. Sweet, sweet, silence.
  • KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands
    KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009

You're a QQer.b:chuckle But yea some people are just annoying on WC. I'm not saying to restrict WC to pure business. If you have something funny and smart to say or even an "I love u XxINSERT VENO NAMExX" once in a while it's just fine. Just don't become annoying. And yes a longer blacklist it's always welcomed.b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--Little siggy.b:pleased
    Server: Harshlands (PvP)
    Started: 9-11-2009
    Class: Cleric (hybrid-vit. build)
    Pet: Emoticon (antelope)
    Kills (Pk only): 0
    Death (Pk only): 0
    Ladies embraced b:pleased: 0
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I believe this is a QQ thread. That's like saying "Mounts are annoying, I can't click on teleporter 'cause they block it...find a way to make them invisible so I can click through it 'cause idk how to alt click."
  • SajinX - Dreamweaver
    SajinX - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When I'm bored, I sometimes to listen to the noobs ask stupid questions and the more experienced players answer them like trolls. Its funny. Also, when someone says: "WTS 1 tele... OPPS"

But really, if you don't want to listen to it, just switch to another chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Balint - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    But really, if you don't want to listen to it, just switch to another chat.

You're missing all the points that have been made.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    WC should only be used for trade offers

<BUZZER> Wrong answer.

The game has a Trade channel for a reason. Maybe you (and most of the PWI community) should... oh I don't know... use that to buy/sell/trade stuff, where it belongs??
  • RUSTYNAIL - Harshlands
    RUSTYNAIL - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If they would just slow down on all the smilies that would help a lot
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Honestly no. Its Pay2Talk so you pay you should get to say what ever the hell you want ;) Don't like it DON'T READ IT, no one ever said WC is for trade only, actually WC is for what ever you want since you pay for it.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I see both sides on this as I wish people would slow down on using the spam of smilies, arguing in world chat about some random silly thing... But I can also understand that the trade chat is used for trading. However... if you world chat, everyone can see it. Trade chat only those in your area can see it so its pointless if you want something and not everyone can know what it is you're buying/selling if they aren't in your area.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Armegedon - Lost City
    Armegedon - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    no way, i like the wc convo's they keep me entertained while grinding.
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    no way, i like the wc convo's they keep me entertained while grinding.

I completely agree, i never use World chat but it does keep me mildly entertained as I kill mobs
  • lilhobo
    edited September 2009
    hahaha this is funny we are trying to make the game more enjoyable for all people. we arent trying to get rid of world chat. we are trying to make so those who dont want to listen to the people like you on WC can still get things actually worth listening to. I love how you guys come in here and act all cool and tough.... wow very helpful.. b:victory ... here is some advice from you guys in this thread. If you dont like what we are talking about ignore it. we dont need your useless comments
  • lilhobo
    edited September 2009
    and no I am not attacking those of you who just comment that you like WC thats fine.. its the other ones who have to be rude about it.
  • Blizey - Harshlands
    Blizey - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    < Money talks boo boo.. Get used to it.. nub >
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    <BUZZER> Wrong answer.

The game has a Trade channel for a reason. Maybe you (and most of the PWI community) should... oh I don't know... use that to buy/sell/trade stuff, where it belongs??

Problem with this is that the chat doesn't go into the entire "world" for the sell channel. If they'd do that it would be pretty blissful. But then people would use it for WC instead of WC because it would be free. A way to combat that is for you to be able to pick the item you want to sell from a prefixed list, and the price you want to sell it for from another prefixed list. Or an "offer" list beside it. Of course for fash they'd also have to implement colors. But if you couldn't actually type anything into the ALL world trade channel it would eliminate the frustration many ppl have with wc, without missing deals.

Would also be nice if there was an auction channel. Where you could bid live for stuff. Like a 5 minute auction that people actually bid on live. That would be awesome.

There are lots of things they could implement that would make this game more enjoyable. That happens by people actually sending in tickets for suggestions. Here all you get is people who agree/disagree with your own idea or suggestion.

Oh and REMOVAL OF BLACKLIST CAP FTW!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol i like to see world chats, what better to do when grinding 1 mob after another than seeing two (or more) "persons" arguing about something while they make the game free to others (if nobody bough gold, the game wouldnt be free) again, a bigger blacklist would help, but a little tolerance on those that get annoyed by yellow chat would too, do you imagine no yellow on all the chats? id die of boredoom xD