The DoppelGanger Strikes!

Options
meranek
meranek Posts: 33 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
Hi Perfect world, Meranek here to lay down a idea that will bring in more excitement to the game.

Now has the name of the thread saids, I belive there should be Dopplegangers monsters ready to attack you. Now I'll give you a little summery on how there going to work :

1. They will always be 4-8 Levels higher then you. (I dunno how it should be lol)

2. There sats : streagth, DeX, Hp, Magic will be from 10-25% higher then yours.

3. The chance you encounter one outside a city will be 0.5% but only in night time.

4. The chance to encounter one in a duengoen will be 2.0% But still only in night time.

5. If you encounter one when in a sqoud the states of the Ganger will go up 3% per members. (For ex : 10% higher of your sats + 3% per member in a team so lets say 3 players in a team, Therefore 10% + 9% = 19% stronger then you.)

6. When a the ganger does comes, your game screan will have like either a red or purple aura plusing like a heart and very creepy music will play. Also a system messegd should tell the team (if there is a team) that a DoppleGanger has taken the form of (player name).

7. when he does show up he should be like 30-90 meters away from you, He will walk slowly so it gives you a chance to run away. But whatch out he can telaport to random spots when in a deugoen.

8. There are only two ways to deal with the Ganger, 1. Run to a city, he will keep chasing you no matter what. 2. Just kill it an hope you will live.

9. When fighting the doppel ganger you will notice he will always have a good HP regen on him (let the devlopers decdied how strong the regen will be). Also the ganger will have ALL skills that you own at the moment and he will use the very same armour and wep you are usen.

10. As for the reward for killing him you can either have a DoppelGanger version of the armour/wep that is 25% stronger then yours plus with a effect like null to posion OR have a chance to drop a copy of your armour/wep BUT it will have 2-3 slots for gems on it.

Please do read everthing on this thread, I thought really hard to make this idea great an to make sure its not to hard or to easy. If you skim the thread an flame me for no reason. BEWARE the cookie monster is whatching you! b:angry

Other User ideas (Lairian) From : Sancturary

Maybe instead of a random mob in a dungeon, this could be a sort of sole instance boss. Like, you go to a special instance that's meant to be soloed, and this is the boss at the end. That'll justify the high end gear it drops, and make it easier to implement, since it would only need to copy any one player that enters this instance, instead of anyone in there at the time. It also makes it so it could be a bit stronger than the player, but just not to the extent that your making it. Maybe one or two levels greater, with 5-10 more points in each stat than you have. That's difficult, but a single player can kill it solo.
Post edited by meranek on

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just a few quick questions:

1) Why would a doppelganger, which, traditionally is an exact copy of a person be that much stronger than the player it's copying? I understand that it should be difficult to defeat, but making it that much higher than the player kind of defeats the purpose of a doppelganger.

2) How will veno pets be handled? Will the ganger have a copy of the pet as well? Or will it only be the veno with no pet?

3) Same question for genies. Will the ganger have a sort of shadow genie with the same skills and stats as the player genie? Or will it just fight without one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • meranek
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just a few quick questions:

1) Why would a doppelganger, which, traditionally is an exact copy of a person be that much stronger than the player it's copying? I understand that it should be difficult to defeat, but making it that much higher than the player kind of defeats the purpose of a doppelganger.

2) How will veno pets be handled? Will the ganger have a copy of the pet as well? Or will it only be the veno with no pet?

3) Same question for genies. Will the ganger have a sort of shadow genie with the same skills and stats as the player genie? Or will it just fight without one.

1) well as I said I was not really sure how strong it should be, Perhaps just make it 5 lvs higher then you and I was just thinking it be cool to have somthing to fear about if you know what I mean. From what I made it seem like, It might need a team of 3-6 players to kill one. So I dunno, Perhaps its to over-power?

2) I think it should, since ever Veno needs it pet to live, Am thinking makeing the pet around 4% stronger then yours?

3) thats hard to say really, it whould make things harder but if you had that tree of Prot then he will have that along with his fast HP regen so I Don't think so. Unless it had its own skills fit for a doppelganger?

If you think things need to be change, Please do post some ideas to improve this to make it more balance.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lemme guess...you've been playing .****//G.U...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • meranek
    edited September 2009
    Options

Never heard of that, the idea came to me after fought one in Devil may cry 3 SE for the millionth time. b:laugh b:victory
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ah...**** to the yeah. I had my first Doppleganger encounter in .****//G.U. Great game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It sounds like it would be a really fun addition. But how would the devs code something like that? Maybe it would be simple just copy/paste your info lol, but I don't see anything being that easy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meranek
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It sounds like it would be a really fun addition. But how would the devs code something like that? Maybe it would be simple just copy/paste your info lol, but I don't see anything being that easy...

Do you mean like how the doppleganger will turn to his prey?

hhhmmm.....

I figure it be like some purple gel monster thats like lv1, after some random lotto it turns into its victim close by.

I dunno, work in prograss ideas LMAO b:laugh
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah interesting idea not sure how devs would handle. What's to stop other people from killing your ganger?

Also the DoppelGanger should just be and exact clone >.< that is what they are I think that would still be challanging, but again dev questions come up would they have same skills/attack at the same lvl as you? Or would each class of dopplganger get it's own set of class specific skills

To me the restrictions and requirements seem more suitable to be developed on an localised game, as opposed to an mmo.

So yeah interesting concept but sadly i don't see it working b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • meranek
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah interesting idea not sure how devs would handle. What's to stop other people from killing your ganger?

Also the DoppelGanger should just be and exact clone >.< that is what they are I think that would still be challanging, but again dev questions come up would they have same skills/attack at the same lvl as you? Or would each class of dopplganger get it's own set of class specific skills

To me the restrictions and requirements seem more suitable to be developed on an localised game, as opposed to an mmo.

So yeah interesting concept but sadly i don't see it working b:surrender

1) Only you can attack the Ganger (unless you have a sqoud) if you try to attack someone else's ganger you will get a system messege "You feel as its not smart to attack this stange creature..."

2) I said they should be atleast like 5% stronger then you an yes SAME skill an SAME skill lvs, the reason they need to be stronger then you to cuz they can drop upgraded versios of your armour. We cant have ppl have easy accese to strong armour right?

3) don't you think it be awsome to fight yourself but its only stronger? hell you might find out what your weakness are after all! That chould be usefull for pking/Monster hunting.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Maybe instead of a random mob in a dungeon, this could be a sort of sole instance boss. Like, you go to a special instance that's meant to be soloed, and this is the boss at the end. That'll justify the high end gear it drops, and make it easier to implement, since it would only need to copy any one player that enters this instance, instead of anyone in there at the time. It also makes it so it could be a bit stronger than the player, but just not to the extent that your making it. Maybe one or two levels greater, with 5-10 more points in each stat than you have. That's difficult, but a single player can kill it solo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah like I mentioned I think the return on investment for development requirements and potential added gameplay value don't add up and is more suitable to a localised game. b:surrender sorry neat idea but I don't see it coming to fruition.

I can see the meditators now wth I wasn't in an even around aggro mobs and I just got pwnd

I also think a wizzy fight another wizzy with same stats would be hard enough without adding even more magick resistance b:shocked same for other classes. Dopple gangers are about over coming your own strengths and weaknesses not something like you but 10% more kick ****

EDIT: like the idea of solo instance this would help over come the restricted kill issues
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • meranek
    edited September 2009
    Options

Thats just...just wonderfull! haha why the hell did I not think of that? thats is bloody perfect right there! If you don't mind, Ill add this to the idea.

EDIt : how about you have to kill the Ganger for some Aware of (Name) or somthing? that might justify the more reason to give it a try.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    O.o spiritual cult level (?)
    =D
    and it could have it's own story like the wraiths were messing with some freakishly evil joojoo magic and created a copy of the worlds best champions (you) b:laugh except it was too smart and evil to be under their control so it decided to destroy the original to be the only you there is. b:shocked
    or something like that =D

but fighting a magichamster that has even more magic then me might hurt. alot~ also how would it know which spells to shoot at me? o.O'

There can be only one~~~~b:sad
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There can be only one~~~~b:sad

So what's it gonna be? The red? Or the blue pill?

/topic derail >.<

btw yeah, i'm all for the doppleganger in an instance. Much more controlled and sounds more easily done for the devs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meranek
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ya same for me hehe. Wonder what the chances are of a GM reading this an taking a note of it? My gusse is like less then 1% b:surrender
  • meranek
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Bump lol b:victory
  • Sihing - Sanctuary
    Sihing - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

ha, thought the same thing, not exactly a bad thing :D
  • meranek
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ha, thought the same thing, not exactly a bad thing :D

Lol b:chuckle
  • meranek
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Bump for glory!
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That sounds like Dot ****// GU you are trying to change this game into.....

I think it should only come into being if you are idle to long.... it cuts down on all the people standing around doing nothing.....

But if you are in store mode then it is nulled.....

Also if you are meditating once you reach full health.... you have 1 hr before it goes into effect..... it is the same power as you but..... and weapon casts the same spells as you do at the same time you do.... and it gets stronger each time it hits you but you get stronger if you hit it as well.....

but if you get killed by it you go into shadow mode for 24 hrs..... being in such alows you to be Pked but also alows you to go past any monster and such.... you also go 5times faster than normal but have half hit and magic points but the spells you use are 3 times as powerful.