A great journey o_O

danofer
danofer Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Is it possible for me, a level 6 blade master to travel to where the elf starting point is? Because my friend and I really want to meet up and go exploring together b:shocked
Post edited by danofer on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    danofer wrote: »
    Is it possible for me, a level 6 blade master to travel to where the elf starting point is? Because my friend and I really want to meet up and go exploring together b:shocked

That would be a brutal journey, not necessarily impossible, but it will be frustrating.
  • danofer
    edited September 2009
    At what level do you normally get to see other races?
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't know, it's not so bad. I suggest sticking to the water and staying down as deep as you can go. Mostly you'll just see turtles, and they don't usually go aggressive. That's how I did the quests that required delivering letters to the other elders.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    At what level do you normally get to see other races?

At level 20 or so all three races converge on Archosaur. Or you could get your elf friend to fly to you...they'll have a much easier time of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There is an early quest before then which will allow you to teleport directly to the other race starting cities.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There is an early quest before then which will allow you to teleport directly to the other race starting cities.

at level 10ish if memory serves
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That's how I did the quests that required delivering letters to the other elders.

You know for that quest they give you the teleports needed to visit the other elders. You didnt need to try to make the journey on foot (or fin).

While its not impossible (mostly because of rivers), the game wasnt setup to allow the races to mix before level 20 in archosaur, and between the starter areas are signifigantly higher level areas (and monsters).
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    At level like 10 theres a quest that unlocks the teleports to the other main cities.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You know for that quest they give you the teleports needed to visit the other elders. You didnt need to try to make the journey on foot (or fin).

While its not impossible (mostly because of rivers), the game wasnt setup to allow the races to mix before level 20 in archosaur, and between the starter areas are signifigantly higher level areas (and monsters).

No way am I going to pay a teleporter for a service I can provide myself for free.
  • danofer
    edited September 2009
    You have to pay to teleport?! Well thanks anyway b:laugh
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No way am I going to pay a teleporter for a service I can provide myself for free.

It costs 1k to teleport from Etherblade to Plume. In the time it takes you to run (or fly if your friend went to you) you would make more coin from killing mobs. Travel is never free, when you're running/flying that's time you're not killing mobs, meaning time you're not getting exp/coin/drops. It's a very long run, and will be compounded by running back and forth for quests. Teleporting would be your friend in this case, as you'll end up with more benefit overall.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You have to pay to teleport?! Well thanks anyway b:laugh

learn in game currency...
    2-3 mobs at my level make more or less 1k which is enough to teleport to the 3 starting cities. b:laugh
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well both of you would have quests in your own cities (for you Etherblade while your friend Plume City). Therefore it would be wise to train till 20 in your own regions.

However, you could always invite the other in a squad for chatting/company.

For a squad invite do the following:-
    1.) Click on the Green Icon with multiple people standing at the bottom-right of your screen (I think it says community or something when you position your cursor on it)
    2.) When the new icons appear above it, select the one which says "Nearby Players"
    3.) Against the "Invite to Squad" button type your friend's character name
    4.) Click on "Invite to Squad" to invite him/her in.

On the receiving end,
    1.) Double-Click on the Exclamation Marked Button ("!") that appears on the centre of the screen
    2.) Select "Accpet" or "Yes"
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I ran all the way to the City of the Plume with my BladeMaster. It was fun. More of a because I could, though. I waited until I had the Quests, and just spammed my speed spell as I went along. Nothing quite like dodging mobs that could oneshot you.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Or, and this is just a thought, you both could roll the same race. That way you would start in the same area.

Have fun.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]