World bosses

XWolflingx - Dreamweaver
XWolflingx - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
umm..ive seen world bosses ive killed sum but i would like to know the name difficulty and if good drops of all world bosses please. ive only killed 1 world boss 2 times and that is soul hunter my friends say hes the easiest world boss and he takes forever to kill and not really worth the drops. im trying to find a world boss that don't take forever to kill and not to hard to kill But ALOT OF GOOD DROPS and ALOT OF MONEY FOR THE DROPS and stuff like that pls help me plssssssssssssssssssssssb:victoryb:laughb:pleasedb:surrenderb:surrender
I kill alot, i die alot, and i love alot. ma 3 qualities b:angryb:surrenderb:dirtyb:kiss
Post edited by XWolflingx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    good luck with that. Your being hopelessly optimistic, because if there was a world boss with your description, he would be farmed endlessly by players. The easiest boss is indeed Soul Hunter, he may take a while, but that is because he is suppose to take a while. If your lucky and get a perfect citrine shard, it can sell for buckets and buckets of coin.

Bosses i've seen are:

Soul Hunter
    Hornska Lord
    Harpy Wraith
    Sonic Oppressor
    Ceminator
    Sword Tamer
    Shadow Doll? Forget the name
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ... Basic rule: If there was an easy way to big profits, you would already know of it.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    All the world bosses have about 23 million hp. The drops are random and they are not going to be easy, that's the point.

The faction I'm in has started taking them down and we recently beat Hornska Lord and Shadow Doll. More will follow.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Alphaleus
    Auprus: Ton
    Earthsharp Clawzard
    Mystery of Antiquity
    Cerberean Sentinel

etc, etc.

All of the wb's are very difficult. Otherwise, why'd they be called world bosses?
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Soul hunter is the only one your gonna be able to do at that level, purely because if you tank it at a range it only debuffs, and deals no damage. In terms of easiness the next easiest is Alphaleus, he only dose a frontal AoE of about 4000, easily tankable.
    good luck with that. Your being hopelessly optimistic, because if there was a world boss with your description, he would be farmed endlessly by players. The easiest boss is indeed Soul Hunter, he may take a while, but that is because he is suppose to take a while. If your lucky and get a perfect citrine shard, it can sell for buckets and buckets of coin.

Bosses i've seen are:

Soul Hunter
    Hornska Lord
    Harpy Wraith
    Sonic Oppressor
    Ceminator
    Sword Tamer

Oh and harpy wraith is not a world boss, infact it’s actually a quest boss but it is also the hardest thing in PWI. http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Harpy_Wraith
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Shadow Doll is easier to tank than Alph, and no aoe.
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Shadow doll needs 4 or 5 clerics, alp needs 1 and shadow dolls AoE also interrupts blue ball.
  • Vlarkin - Heavens Tear
    Vlarkin - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    can do Shadow Doll with 3 clerics easy :P we did this morning, just a squad of 6, 1 barb 1 bm 1 archer 3 clerics, took 4ever but accomplished
  • Mivi - Lost City
    Mivi - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Bosses i've seen are:

Soul Hunter
    Hornska Lord
    Harpy Wraith
    Sonic Oppressor
    Ceminator
    Sword Tamer

Harpy Wraith <<<<<<<NO!
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    how to kill a world boss:

2 teams:

first team:

2-3 clerics
    1 barb
    1 bm
    1 archer

second team

6 venos

that way u kill'em in less than 15 minutes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    how to kill a world boss:

2 teams:

first team:

2-3 clerics
    1 barb
    1 bm
    1 archer

second team

6 venos

that way u kill'em in less than 15 minutes
    ^ this lol

seriously most of the pple who do WB got like 30+ pple and a whole squad of herc/nix venos. The speed is nice but if your using so much pple your PC is starting hints of lag.......

can do Shadow Doll with 3 clerics easy :P we did this morning, just a squad of 6, 1 barb 1 bm 1 archer 3 clerics, took 4ever but accomplished
    You can actually do it with 2 cleric. One IH tank, one BB (or RB) around DD. (so 1 barb 2 cleric 2archer 1bm for us)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    ^ this lol

seriously most of the pple who do WB got like 30+ pple and a whole squad of herc/nix venos. The speed is nice but if your using so much pple your PC is starting hints of lag.......

You can actually do it with 2 cleric. One IH tank, one BB (or RB) around DD. (so 1 barb 2 cleric 2archer 1bm for us)

Yea that guide made me laugh too, try doing that agenst Sonic Oppressor or Cerberean Sentinel and see how long you last.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You can solo soul hunter if you are ranged and sell the drops. I wouldn't recommend it though as it was truly a soul sucking experience.
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    ah, never knew that about harpy wraith. I always thought she was a world boss. Thanks for clearing that up.

A guildie of mine solo'd Soul Hunter and took about 24 hours to do it.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    meh 30 ppl doesnt lag at all. did wb before with like 75 ppl attendance. still fine on max details. but ye hurts your eyes with all the colors.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    ah, never knew that about harpy wraith. I always thought she was a world boss. Thanks for clearing that up.

A guildie of mine solo'd Soul Hunter and took about 24 hours to do it.

took me 3.5 hehe
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    took me 3.5 hehe
    charm ****-ageb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    charm ****-ageb:surrender

i doesn't do damage. only cost me arrows, bow repair and a waste of time. i got a mana shard which i did sell for 800k and a chrono page b:chuckle
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yea that guide made me laugh too, try doing that agenst Sonic Oppressor or Cerberean Sentinel and see how long you last.

Sonic Oppressor requires 30 ppl with light chaser or 12k clerics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phaedron - Lost City
    Phaedron - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Would anyone happen to know the respawn time for Soul Hunter?
    Conundrum Leader
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    1zfsldw.jpg
    overkill?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Phaedron - Lost City
    Phaedron - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Didn't look like overkill to me. Looked like a lot of fun.
    Conundrum Leader
  • XWolflingx - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    wheres shoadow doll and Auprus: Ton

and if u say buried bones idk where that is =P
    I kill alot, i die alot, and i love alot. ma 3 qualities b:angryb:surrenderb:dirtyb:kiss
    edited August 2009
    Alphaleus
    Earthsharp Clawzard
    Mystery of Antiquity
    Cerberean Sentinel

etc, etc.

All of the wb's are very difficult. Otherwise, why'd they be called world bosses?
    1zfsldw.jpg
    overkill?
    is that world boss hard wats its do and stuff pls tell me
    edited August 2009
    Alphaleus
    Earthsharp Clawzard
    Mystery of Antiquity
    Cerberean Sentinel

etc, etc.

where is that boss cuz idk where buried bones or watever is on the map
    :P
    edited August 2009
    All the world bosses have about 23 million hp. The drops are random and they are not going to be easy, that's the point.

The faction I'm in has started taking them down and we recently beat Hornska Lord and Shadow Doll. More will follow.

where is shadow doll at and wats its skill wats it do and stuff so pls help me tell me sum info...pls
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this isn't really info about world bosses but it was really cool. on sanctuary i saw 3 factions fighting over the hornska lord as soon as it spawned, it was nefarious, legendary, and regicide. not sure who got the kill but it was over in 2 minutes dead hornska. must have been about 90 people attacking it, fastest world boss ive seen

just realized post #22 has pic of incident i described
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    nice quad post. I think thats a record.
  • kurikami
    kurikami Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So how low can I be to do a world boss? and can any of the world bosses be soloed if one so chose? I know this wouldnt be smart, but is it possible?
  • Areowyn - Lost City
    Areowyn - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Personally, I'd love to see someone accomplish Dipter or Sword Tamer b:chuckle
    I hate clear glass windows, you never realize they are there until you hit them!
    I herd you liekz MUDKIPZ.
    Proud archer of PWI.
    ~Ravendal for LYFE!~