Winged Elves Flying System

neonth
neonth Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
Since the Winged Elves are supposed to be born with there wings, shouldn't they constantly be able to improve there flying ability?

Here is what I have in mind:

At first, they would have a limit to how high they can fly. as they go up in level, they gain the ability to fly higher.

It would also be possible to trade spirit points or EXP for flight speed. although you can go slightly faster with flight mastery, it's not fast enough to motivate you to work for it.

another thing is flight time. i imagine that it would be tiring to flap those big wings all the time, so there would be short limits to how long you can fly. increasing strength would let you fly longer.

there would also be rewards for reaching higher Levels. (talk to Skill Trainer)

Lvl 9 = trade EXP or Spirit Points for Flying Speed

Lvl 30 = longer flight time

Lvl 50 = highest flying hight + added top speed

Lvl 80 = longest flight time + added attack power while flying

Lvl 100 = Added attack power to first attack while flying

Lvl 101+ = 1.5 Times EXP while flying. the amount goes up .1% every Lvl.

If my Idea is Accepted, feel free to Modify/Add to/Take out anything that doesn't fit or can't be accomplished.
Post edited by neonth on

Comments

• kaban
    kaban Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well i am not an expert but with progresing lvl WE has passive skills for flying spd.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If this was to happen, then the winged race would lose a lot of their following. Right now, the only difference between our flight and other races is that we get it sooner. These ideas would make it needlessly complex, and put us at a large disadvantage in the air.

First of all, nobody would ever exchange exp or spirit for added flight speed. I suppose a high level with a large surplus of spirit might, but other than that, nobody would ever use this feature. Besides, there's already an acceleration feature on everything besides the started wings, and that's usually good enough.

Why would you want to put a limit on how far you can fly? The other races don't, so why should we? The Untamed fly animals, yet they aren't limited. human swords can rust, if flying through the rain, yet they have no problems with that. And adding strength to do anything other than armor is just a bad idea for the winged race (not sure about archers, but I don't think they need much str outside of armor requirements). So all your doing is limiting the power of both classes, and nobody wants that.

For your idea to up power in flight at high levels, that's just wrong. Fighting against a flying opponent while flying is no different than fighting a normal opponent on the ground, so why should we get a boost for doing so? And fighting a land mount from the air gives us a power cut for a reason. This would negate that. PvP especially would suffer if this was done. After all, a cleric could just get the attention of a barb or bm, and fight them in the air with no penalty. And if they took flight to try and fight back, then they'd be overpowered with this bonus.

Nothing is wrong with the flight system. And as the old saying goes: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Thelastkenny - Sanctuary
    Thelastkenny - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If this was to happen, then the winged race would lose a lot of their following. Right now, the only difference between our flight and other races is that we get it sooner. These ideas would make it needlessly complex, and put us at a large disadvantage in the air.

First of all, nobody would ever exchange exp or spirit for added flight speed. I suppose a high level with a large surplus of spirit might, but other than that, nobody would ever use this feature. Besides, there's already an acceleration feature on everything besides the started wings, and that's usually good enough.

Why would you want to put a limit on how far you can fly? The other races don't, so why should we? The Untamed fly animals, yet they aren't limited. human swords can rust, if flying through the rain, yet they have no problems with that. And adding strength to do anything other than armor is just a bad idea for the winged race (not sure about archers, but I don't think they need much str outside of armor requirements). So all your doing is limiting the power of both classes, and nobody wants that.

For your idea to up power in flight at high levels, that's just wrong. Fighting against a flying opponent while flying is no different than fighting a normal opponent on the ground, so why should we get a boost for doing so? And fighting a land mount from the air gives us a power cut for a reason. This would negate that. PvP especially would suffer if this was done. After all, a cleric could just get the attention of a barb or bm, and fight them in the air with no penalty. And if they took flight to try and fight back, then they'd be overpowered with this bonus.

Nothing is wrong with the flight system. And as the old saying goes: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

you have a good point. i guess i didn't think about the power up thing enough. oh well, it was just a thought. i don't care one way or the other whether or not the idea gets adopted. it's just that the flight speed isn't really much faster than running.