Chi and spiritual cultivation

Tawnos - Dreamweaver
Tawnos - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
I am playing with a low level wizard character. I was reading about the wizard traits and found that it use a lot of chi But I have not seen any reference to it in my character sheet. Is spiritual cultivation the same or a related topic? Where can I find more information about it?
Post edited by Tawnos - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Shinobi_ - Lost City
    Shinobi_ - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wizard's do use chi, u will get chi in a cult at lvl 9, and more chi at lvl 29, and lvl 59,and at 89 i think
  • Shinobi_ - Lost City
    Shinobi_ - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    and could u answer my question how do u post a forumn?
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    and could u answer my question how do u post a forumn?

Sorry but i dont understand your question! do you mean how I started a thread?
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    So chi is like a expecial stat that level up based on character level or it is a consumable item or it is a renovable resource like the HP or mana?
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So chi is like a expecial stat that level up based on character level or it is a consumable item or it is a renovable resource like the HP or mana?

Everything you do, unless it says it consumes chi, generates chi. When you have chi, you can use certain skills. It works like this. Say skill A gives you 8 chi, but skill B needs 20 chi to use. You use skill A 3 times to get you 24 chi, use skill B, and still have 4 chi left over.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am playing with a low level wizard character. I was reading about the wizard traits and found that it use a lot of chi But I have not seen any reference to it in my character sheet. Is spiritual cultivation the same or a related topic? Where can I find more information about it?

Chi is like charging battery. Almost every spell what you use give you some amount of chi. High damage skills as a ultimate skill need lot of chi to cast. So in higher level you will get more and more chi called spark. When you charged this spark, you can use ultimate spells for example. Ultimates are spells from lvl. 59.
    Now you have just basic chi "meter". This yellow bar below mana bar. This bar is filled up with every spell you will use to charge chi till amount of chi reach 100. Then you have full chi bar. In higher levels you get chi called spark. This spark is charged when your chi bar reach amount of 100 and it start gain chi from beginning. But your spark will be fully charged. You don't have spark yet, so your chi bar can reach just amount of 100. Cannot go higher, because you don't have spark. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    all classes use chi or just the wizards?
    edited September 2009
    all classes use chi or just the wizards?

I think all classes use chi, but chi is most important for mages then for casting classes and least important for melee classes. But I never play another class just wizard, so I'm not sure how important is it for other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Thanks a lot for all your answers!
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think all classes use chi, but chi is most important for mages then for casting classes and least important for melee classes. But I never play another class just wizard, so I'm not sure how important is it for other classes.

chi is most important for barbs... their primary aggro skill uses a very large chunk of the chi bar on each use
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2009

thats not true to tank barbs consume loads of chi
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
    edited September 2009
    thats not true to tank barbs consume loads of chi
    Ok. ok. So I'm sorry.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Chi is important :3
    Clerics cant purify or use plume shell without chi.
    Basically every class needs chi ^_^

Always useful to have it.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Balmmaker - Archosaur
    Balmmaker - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Chi is super important for Assassins too. That's how we spark burst (3X damage), power dash (+25% critical) and run fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Chi is important :3
    Clerics cant purify or use plume shell without chi.
    Basically every class needs chi ^_^

Always useful to have it.

Demon cleric dont need chi for purify if they have lvl 11, and for shield its half chi for demon as well and we have many skill giving chi (wellspring surge and 2 buffs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Chi is super important for Assassins too. That's how we spark burst (3X damage), power dash (+25% critical) and run fast.

^^ valuable information, thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]