Best bm 1v1 pvp weapon

Options
White_Puma - Lost City
White_Puma - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
I'm getting to a fairly high level now, and I want to start pking. Up to this point, I've been an axe bm, but I just want to know, what is the best 1v1 pvp bm build, for fighting any class, If I have to reset stats, its no problem for me
Post edited by White_Puma - Lost City on

Comments

• Postman - Lost City
    Postman - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm getting to a fairly high level now, and I want to start pking. Up to this point, I've been an axe bm, but I just want to know, what is the best 1v1 pvp bm build, for fighting any class, If I have to reset stats, its no problem for me

Well the best pvp build for a bm is not bm, the second is Bow bm you WILL 1 shot everything, your 70 now go get yourself a unicorn bow and feel the awsome
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    an all weapon bm is the best. y limite urself to 1/4 of ur ability? besides, no one likes a one trick pony ^^
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well the best pvp build for a bm is not bm, the second is Bow bm you WILL 1 shot everything, your 70 now go get yourself a unicorn bow and feel the awsome

seriously?
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok, in no way did any of you answer my question at all. If you aren't going to answer what I asked, don't even post at all. simple as that.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok, in no way did any of you answer my question at all. If you aren't going to answer what I asked, don't even post at all. simple as that.

im pretty sure i answered u *looks up at other post*

multi bm is THE best bm, and there have been MANY tournaments on my server and always a multi bm wins.

stats per lvlv:
    str= 3
    dex= 2

need i explain further?
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yea that actually fails...no vit, you die that much faster.Im not asking what group of weapons, Im asking "WHAT TYPE OF WEAPON" is best for 1v1 pvp.
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    At later levels you compensate the loss of Vit. And the best weapon for 1 Vs. 1...is all. Each weapon has a nice advantage on 1 Vs. 1.

Some are better against certain classes, some not.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yea that actually fails...no vit, you die that much faster.Im not asking what group of weapons, Im asking "WHAT TYPE OF WEAPON" is best for 1v1 pvp.

are u serious? go get some more lvls, alot more experience and then ask for adviceb:bye

anyone that thinks "base vit= fail" at endgame is fail, ill tell u y:
    1-REFINES ON HEAVY ARMOR
    2-+str, +dex, +mag from equipment can become +vit if ur smart enough to reset it
    3- u get more hp as u lvl
    4-hp shards

u getting it now? vit isnt the only way to get hp, also it might be alot easier now if they start releasing the "+20 vit shards" for armor
  • Nassinew - Sanctuary
    Nassinew - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1v1? fist bm owns 1v1 but u said u wanted to start pking, pking is very rarely 1v1, so axes, but a mix would be good, str to use axes, dex to use swords? and pile the rest in vit ( thats what i'd do/did)
  • Pleiades - Harshlands
    Pleiades - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but I'm still going to post. b:cute

BM stands for Bow Master
  • Zolex - Lost City
    Zolex - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Most of ppl say that 1v1 Poleblades and Swords rule. I was a sword bm,and always failed against axe...Then around 7O I decided to change on axe. I can use Poleblade too, but my pole skills arent lvled yet.I say all weapon types are good for pvp, it depends on your gear how efective pker will u be. 2 days ago I had a fight with a sword user (he had charm, refined HH gold gear and a barb was helpin him cause I aoe him I think)Its normal...I lost.But not this is the point.I observed that my hits are not harming him as much as I imagined :) So get good gear, put in shards and refine. Thisis he secret, the only problem is hat its costly.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    fist bms are best at 1v1 anything

umm whoever said base vit is ok -.-; who is gonna win a bm with 7k hp or a bm with 4k...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options

umm whoever said base vit is ok -.-; who is gonna win a bm with 7k hp or a bm with 4k...

4k?! a fail bm, they should just leave the game as in many of my posts, before have stated, "after u reach 9x+ and have HH90 green armor" not to mention refinements and watnots, ur looking at 7k-9k hp w/ 5 vit, not to mention u could restat the additional points u get from gear that u don't need as a requirment for ur gear, and put it into vit or str for dmg.

and my money would probly be on the 4k bm cause he will be more versitile as to the one trick pony axe bm he's fighting.(not* they do = dmg and the 7k bm will miss more, and the 4k will crit more)
  • errorize
    errorize Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Assuming there the same lv and geared the same and that the 7k hp is from vit. The 4k BM hands down. why?

What does a 7k hp thru vit bm tell me? Thats either str is lower the mine (not likely) or his dex is (likely) is alot lower then mine, meaning my eva is higher then his acc, meaning I would last longer because cos he has less chance to hit and also crit me,

3 STR 2 DEX best way to go, unless you want to use fist. HP is far easier to make up at higher levels then any other stat.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

There isn't that large a difference in health, without having 200 vit extra on one of them. And that is a heck of a lot of missing str or dex, so that isn't a good comparison at all.

No vit BM, I have 5k health at lvl 82. I've done AoE grinding until I got a very good Gamma group, where we haven't failed yet. Haven't had a problem at all, only issue I had to work around is when I leveled my axe skills higher and insta-died in reflect mob wave thanks to unfortunate zerk crits. After that just made sure to AoE portions until reflect wears off.

So considering a 3 1 1 build, I would have 5K health vs their 6.2K health. They would gain 1 dex a lvl if using 2 Misty Rings in regards to accuracy, compared to my 2 dex a lvl gain. And once TT 90 hits, they would have a comparatively smaller gain than I would. And that is before factoring in any refinements; in all likelihood I should have around 7K+ health at lvl 90 thanks to the gear adds, refinement, and sharding immaculate health gems from the cheap price of the event.

So is the high level of accuracy worth a loss of what will only be around 10% health at 90+, and even less at end game? Heck yeah it is, I can actually hit things. :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

pffff puma its WAYYY easier to get vit boosts from gear than it is to get dex boosts rofl if you wanna be hard headed and beleive being vitless is garbage than please go fight and archer 10-20 levels above you and TRY to get him to half/quarter of his life, or better yet try to outlast a barb with evasion and a maxed phys marrow? like what big said it doesnt take alot for you to get +vit gear and if you take adv. of the current event then you can get a **** load of +10 vit stones (i got a Wings of the Cloudcharger b:victory). the reason why bms have 4 skill paths is cuz theyre all used for something..... swords 1vs1, fists advanced 1vs1 o.o, poles can kite if used right, axes=mass fights. if you get yourself stuck to 1-2 weapon paths then you fail, if you fail to see the importance of dex at your level you fail, most of all if you dont know how to get your gear to compensate for stats then you fail real hard
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bigxbear wrote: »
    4k?! a fail bm, they should just leave the game as in many of my posts, before have stated, "after u reach 9x+ and have HH90 green armor" not to mention refinements and watnots, ur looking at 7k-9k hp w/ 5 vit, not to mention u could restat the additional points u get from gear that u don't need as a requirment for ur gear, and put it into vit or str for dmg.

and my money would probly be on the 4k bm cause he will be more versitile as to the one trick pony axe bm he's fighting.(not* they do = dmg and the 7k bm will miss more, and the 4k will crit more)

nice way to post the same thing twice its obvious that person right below your post is the same and also misy forest rings fix any accuracy problems plus vit doesnt only add hp it adds Def too and i know about critting your still sacrificing your def and if you are using cala axes your beserk works as a crit anyways and if you crit with beserk your as good as dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok, thank you to all who's replies helped me. And to the people who get off topic, don't even post if its not about what the thread is.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    nice way to post the same thing twice its obvious that person right below your post is the same and also misy forest rings fix any accuracy problems plus vit doesnt only add hp it adds Def too and i know about critting your still sacrificing your def and if you are using cala axes your beserk works as a crit anyways and if you crit with beserk your as good as dead.

the added deff from vit is minimal to even matter, and w/ both using misty's the 4k will still miss alot less than the 7k. not to mention the 4k would mostlikely use cyclone kick to increase attack rate thuse =ing even more dps and chance to crit.

so, who do u think will crit first and more during the beserk? 5% crit, or 15%?
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

You just contradicted yourself. Fist bms have to have low vit first of all. Secondly how the hell would there be a 3k hp difference? That's 200 vit. Seriously multiple weapon>single weapon. If you use mistys to make up for the acc you give up the crit you could be getting with the 2 rings.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You just contradicted yourself. Fist bms have to have low vit first of all. Secondly how the hell would there be a 3k hp difference? That's 200 vit. Seriously multiple weapon>single weapon. If you use mistys to make up for the acc you give up the crit you could be getting with the 2 rings.

nicely done ^^ +1
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    they are saying base vit i never said non dual wield i have vit and i use axes and fists im just saying base vit is stupid i have 70 vit already and i can use both my axes and my fists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    they are saying base vit i never said non dual wield i have vit and i use axes and fists im just saying base vit is stupid i have 70 vit already and i can use both my axes and my fists.

so wich one is of lower lvl?

u need 3 str per lvl to use axes of ur lvl and u need 2 dex per lvl to use fists of ur lvl. i think that =5 added together, so to have 70 vit added, ur lacking in one of those departments, and if u say both, u should really uninstall the game if u dont know ur build right at lvl 8x.
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know there's a fist skill that raises attack rate. Wouldn't coupling that with decent fists with garnet gems and a naturally high crit rate overpower people in 1v1? You can always add HP gems to your armor along with the phys def gems. I'm just thinking theoretically.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options

ok you have 70 vit, that's 20 vit more than the standard dex build. That equals 300 more hp. It's so much easier to get hp with equipment then it is to get acc/evade/crit
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Swords own all 1 vs 1. Sword, Fist hybrid is better. Axes are great at AoE and for debuffing the defense of opponents when you have a team to take advantage of it. Spark + Myriad 1 hits arcane types of same level and 2 spark + spamming skills (including timing your stuns) > any BM weapon ultimate in 1 vs 1 against non-arcane users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok you have 70 vit, that's 20 vit more than the standard dex build. That equals 300 more hp. It's so much easier to get hp with equipment then it is to get acc/evade/crit

or i can just add hp and **** to my gear instead of wasting time getting evasion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bigxbear wrote: »

so wich one is of lower lvl?

u need 3 str per lvl to use axes of ur lvl and u need 2 dex per lvl to use fists of ur lvl. i think that =5 added together, so to have 70 vit added, ur lacking in one of those departments, and if u say both, u should really uninstall the game if u dont know ur build right at lvl 8x.

my axes are Calamity axes +4 2 sockets dont really need the 80 axes comparing them to these
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    or i can just add hp and **** to my gear instead of wasting time getting evasion.

Right because the extra crit is **** right? Especially now since shards are so cheap, it's pretty easy to get flawless+ citrines in your gear. You can add hp to ANY part of your armour/weapon. That's 24 sockets for citrines in your armour alone. The only place you can put shards to get acc is your weapon, 2 sockets. Put in the acc shards and you do less damage because you could've put phys atk shards. If you have to use two misty rings to make up for the accuracy, that's a potential loss of at least 4% crit if you wear 2 rings of mastadon's str. The higher level you are, the easier it is to make up for hp because of the grade of your armour (aka it gives better hp bonus when you refine). I have a 300 hp bonus on my boots from refine alone, that's 20 points put into vit. Once you have 8k+ hp at level 90, an extra 300 is barely gonna mean anything.
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I switched to Fist/Sword last night, and so far Im loving it. Other melee classes hardly hit me, while I easily stun+destroy squishies. Last night I 1 hit a 7x wiz with fist b:laugh