6 Str 4 Dex?

Options
Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
I am thinking of making a bm alt soon (Axe/Polearm path).
The guides I've looked over always advise 1-3 vit per 2 lvls.
But is vit really that necessary?
What if I pump all 4 remaining stat points into dex? I'd have more crit, accuracy, evasion, etc.
What do you think?

Btw, survivability isn't a problem for me. I play a pure arcane wizard, and I don't die very much.
And yes, my goal is to maximize damage. Don't tell me to roll another class because I like the stuns of bm's.
Post edited by Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nassinew - Sanctuary
    Nassinew - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if u want to "maximize" dmg then chuck any spare points into str.
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    pff str? im a 3 str 2 dex build every level and im doing more dmg than a bm with 20 str point above me...(maybe its cuz of my sexy event cape Wings Of The Cloudcharger). vit isnt that important cuz you can always do what i do and get vit boosting gear and since i got enough dex and str for all weaps, makes me pretty versatile in fights. if you dont beleive me then lemme show some math......im lvl 63 atm the tt60 axes need around 18x str (correct me if im wrong) now 3x60=180 (without gear boosts) and the level 60 legendary fists Annihilator of Souls needs 126 dex 2x60=120 (without gear boosts). since im able to use both weapons that require the most str and most dex that makes me pretty strong in fights :P especially after i got my event cape (+10 vit +500 p def +242 evasion +3% dmg reduc +0.2 movement speed 4 sockets) i dont know about you but this cape owns the prestigious TC ( tauran cheiftan ) cape which is awsome too :P. about survival.........stay on top of skills,have strategy,gear must be 3* and refined if you could afford. follow that and the build and youll need not worry about grinding/pvp......the person/mob will be dead before you know it (i quarter lifed a bm 10 levels above me with +3 calams and gear, was using fists though :P gotta love the fist ult).
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    3str, 2 dex isn't recomended till 9x+ after u get HH90 green gear and refines. it's not a bad build in the early game, just harder than most, but fun ^^. if u don't want the costly challenge, i'd suggest a spear/axe bm, str-3 dex- 1 vit-1. it's the more common, user friendly bm ^^
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have no problem with the challenge (that's why I chose to play a pure int wizzy xD, which is even harder to survive with probably).
    I just wanted to make sure that the build wasn't useless (not very experienced with other classes b:surrender)

Thanks for the comments people b:pleased

Btw, comparing a 6 str/4 dex build to a 6 str/2 dex/2 vit build, each at lvl 100 (yeah...not exactly the most real-world situation, but the difference is comparable)
    I will have 10% more crit, much higher accuracy and evasion, at the cost of 1-2k hitpoints...but I would make up for a good chunk of that with citrine shards, etc.
    Making up for hp is a lot easier than making up for crit bonuses imo, and plus, I can use all 4 wep paths b:victory
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bigxbear wrote: »
    3str, 2 dex isn't recomended till 9x+ after u get HH90 green gear and refines. it's not a bad build in the early game, just harder than most, but fun ^^. if u don't want the costly challenge, i'd suggest a spear/axe bm, str-3 dex- 1 vit-1. it's the more common, user friendly bm ^^

eh im a pk nut so i when i say my build works well for me i mean it pvpwise :P in pve 2-3 aoes take 3-4 mobs down....... and my gear is pretty good....im focusing on insane defense and a moderate amount of vit...got 28 atm (gear boosts) and aiming for the +45 vit tome which will give me around the same stats of a bm 20 levels above me spare the fact that he'll have a lil more str and ill have alot more dex :P
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ibbies wrote: »
    eh im a pk nut so i when i say my build works well for me i mean it pvpwise :P in pve 2-3 aoes take 3-4 mobs down....... and my gear is pretty good....im focusing on insane defense and a moderate amount of vit...got 28 atm (gear boosts) and aiming for the +45 vit tome which will give me around the same stats of a bm 20 levels above me spare the fact that he'll have a lil more str and ill have alot more dex :P

so ur LA? o.o
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Tazuki - Lost City
    Tazuki - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have no problem with the challenge (that's why I chose to play a pure int wizzy xD, which is even harder to survive with probably).
    I just wanted to make sure that the build wasn't useless (not very experienced with other classes b:surrender)

Thanks for the comments people b:pleased

Btw, comparing a 6 str/4 dex build to a 6 str/2 dex/2 vit build, each at lvl 100 (yeah...not exactly the most real-world situation, but the difference is comparable)
    I will have 10% more crit, much higher accuracy and evasion, at the cost of 1-2k hitpoints...but I would make up for a good chunk of that with citrine shards, etc.
    Making up for hp is a lot easier than making up for crit bonuses imo, and plus, I can use all 4 wep paths b:victory

I'd say ull get 1shotted easily, cuz vit not only adds hp but also mag def, high lvl wiz or BM (dragon + genie thunder) will easily 1 shot you. And 1-2k hp is lot when ur w8ing for ur charm to tick. Also i can guarantee ull have hard time grinding, arcane wizards can kill the mobs before it reaches you but BMs are melee and you cant kite it so ull definately take 3-4 hits.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I am thinking of making a bm alt soon (Axe/Polearm path).
    The guides I've looked over always advise 1-3 vit per 2 lvls.
    But is vit really that necessary?
    What if I pump all 4 remaining stat points into dex? I'd have more crit, accuracy, evasion, etc.
    What do you think?

Btw, survivability isn't a problem for me. I play a pure arcane wizard, and I don't die very much.
    And yes, my goal is to maximize damage. Don't tell me to roll another class because I like the stuns of bm's.

6 stzr 4 dext is a pretty coommon and good build as long as long u can afford high refines.

but dont suspect to be indestructible in group pvp or TW

also dont put too much extra intoi STR for dmg. dimishing returns...
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Abby_Sciuto - Sanctuary
    Abby_Sciuto - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'd say ull get 1shotted easily, cuz vit not only adds hp but also mag def, high lvl wiz or BM (dragon + genie thunder) will easily 1 shot you. And 1-2k hp is lot when ur w8ing for ur charm to tick. Also i can guarantee ull have hard time grinding, arcane wizards can kill the mobs before it reaches you but BMs are melee and you cant kite it so ull definately take 3-4 hits.

The thing is that if you shard with all citrines pretty much (garnets on the armor), you can make up for the loss of hp as well. I think that making up for hp is easier than making up for crit, and I'd think 10-20% crit is pretty good for a bm (and still be able to use axes and HA).