fist BM?

Options
Asurr - Heavens Tear
Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
well since the cultivation quest for the untamed is still broke i think ill try out BMs and a few other classes... so i looked at a few guides for BMs and none of them mentions fist BMs and the ones that do just say they suck or mentions them very very breifly.

so how effective is fists for a BM? now i know ima get alot of "they suck" comments but id like to hear the positives of using them... so far i already know they do low dmg but have very high atk speed (so maybe the atk speed can make up for the lack of dmg?) so would making one be somewhat good at least?

i like to be diffrent somewhat on games rather then going around wearing axes/swords like just about everyone else is doing. not to mention that SO many other MMOs uses dual axes/dual swords on a Blade like class such as a BM so i just tired of using them ._.
Post edited by Asurr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kenjutsu - Harshlands
    Kenjutsu - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well fists have pretty high DPS on a single target, you can do pretty high DD on single mobs or players if they dont kite you, they also build chi pretty fast due to high attack speed, and they look really cool. Also in general the mold fists are relatively cheap, like i see annihilator of souls for like 3-4 hundred k in auction.

Downsides are the skills you get for fist arnt that great and it lacks spike damage for pking... but by all means you can try it and then later on do another wep. path along with it, is see people that have spear/fist and sword/fist
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Fist BMs aren't bad at all. The attack speed is much higher than that of axes and hammers, and you get a skill later on in the game that increases your attack speed even more. Not to mention the IBH bonuses that occasionally come with weapons. Fist BMs are all about speed. Unfortunately, they lack AOE skills.
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Fists do not suck first of all, they have their own place in a BM's arsenal. Their high dps makes them the best weapon for killing single targets as well as holding aggro. Their attack speed lets you generate chi like crazy, as well as use any weapon ability more effectively. For example a set of fists with a heal ability will heal way more hp for you than an axe with a similar ability, simply due to the attack speed giving way more opportunities to activate it. On bosses with fists you will deal the highest dps of any weapon by simply using normal attacks, as well as always have chi available for amping the boss.

Fist skills are actually extremely useful, save the single spark move, which is useless (oceans edge or fissure are superior for 0 chi). Fists offer the only reliable bm cancel skill, which can be used to help out against bosses, and is in general extremely nice. The fist aoe offers a self attack speed buff (up to 20% if demon), which at level 10+ can be used to boost attack speed indefinitely through spamming, and carries over to any weapon. This aoe is actually the second most powerful bm non-chi aoe as well (fissure is only base + a number, cyclone is base + % weapon + an even higher number).

Stating to wield fists will also result in a nice base crit rate, accuracy, as well as evade.

To preform the role of a bm I would highly suggest also using some sort of axe or hammer...even if its lower level, the abilities in that tree are crucial for the blademaster squad role. Considering heavy armor is the best choice, you can at least wield an ok axe to accomplish this.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Good for boss killing, provided you are heavy armor and can survive tanking them. With 3 str a level, you will regularly steal aggro from tanks if using current level fists. Makes killing RB bosses faster if nothing else, as well as FB bosses.

Usually end up using fists to build chi, to either amp damage, reduce damage, or spam stuns for when there is no veno or mass aggro happens. Switch back and forth between weapon types to use Drake Bash along with Roar of the Pride when long term stunning is needed. Done right, you can completely annihilate mobs in FB instance without a hit even being delivered to your team.

And finally, they have the potential to actually do solo squad mode runs later on. With high -interval gear, their additional abilities will proc much more frequently than any other weapon. This translates to more healing if 5% health, constant def buffs if faith or other add, or simply use the deicide claws for a quick 10% reduction of health in one proc on a boss. For this, you will need high end gear with good refine levels and sharding. Though celestial skills and def level boosts will make it easier.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok thx all for the info, ill make me a fist BM then =O and ill make a axe one as secondary.
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    most bm's don't go fist till end game due to them lacking a bit in the early game w/ low crit rate, but their dps endgame is godly ^^. as i did, i used spear/axe(spear for ranged ability, and axe for aoe grinding, aka faster lvling) till around 9x, then once i had my hh90 green gear, i reset to heavy fist (str-3, dex-2 per lvl)
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • AzuristSky - Lost City
    AzuristSky - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i got an bm at poleblade and i try fists too...i saw at youtube cuz they are very good at high level...u know how it says...Fists are like Wine...they get better with age...i maked a bm ProFist...and i have a build for you...First make 20Vit. then put like this 5 dex 5 str....(strategy for 2lvls). i have a friend about 60lvl...50-60 and he have 22% critical and thats insane....and i think is very good...u shall try...
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    first off i use 3 str 2 dex every level meaning the bm skill trees are all mine to command b:cool b:cool b:cool , i enjoy a nice medley of fists and axes, fists for HA, axes for robed/LA. fists do no suck and theyre 10x better than axes for pvp cuz even if they dont gots aoes theyre dd gawds o.o, with the ult to rip ha to shreds and dps to rip robes/la to shreds. for all you saying fists get kited easily your all noobs.......my roar does around 4.5 sec. stun and i do more dmg than my axes can in that time unless i use db to add another 4.5 seconds o.o. as for vit and survivability, 3* HA (refined when i get the chance) and my SEEXXXXYYY event cape (+10 vit +500 p def +3% dmg reduc + 242 evasion +0.2 movement speed) anyone within 10 levels of me dies o.o anyone below 11 levels dies faster anyone below that i pwn without weaps b:laugh
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Actually, the damage from the ulti kinda bites if you mean 59 fist skill. The % damage boost only take into account the weapon only. So even at demon culti skill it is only 135% of weapon damage as fire. Only time this could come into use, is if you have an assist in keeping the target still. Then use this skill, attack speed buff, and a element damage powder from apothecary to deal high levels of damage in a short period of time. This is where the berserk fists would actually shine as well.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Actually, the damage from the ulti kinda bites if you mean 59 fist skill. The % damage boost only take into account the weapon only. So even at demon culti skill it is only 135% of weapon damage as fire. Only time this could come into use, is if you have an assist in keeping the target still. Then use this skill, attack speed buff, and a element damage powder from apothecary to deal high levels of damage in a short period of time. This is where the berserk fists would actually shine as well.

nicely put, but i dont usually do much questing after the dailies sooooo....i normally go pking :P and yea i was talking about the lvl 59 fist skill. btw i never thought about element powders so ty b:thanksb:thanksb:thanksb:thanks