Please add a real coin sink

2»

Comments

• exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    How can you not get what I posted a bit later on? Those sellers controlled the econ! It was impossible to buy the popular items without buying it from them.

"supply and demand" is just a lame cover to hide greed.

An item has value as long as someone is willing to pay for it. I'm sorry but you understand nothing about economics.
    Actually, I've been reading your posts for a while and I don't understand why you are playing a game with a player-base economic system.
    Seems you'd be happier in a game where everybody pays the same fixed amount every month and everybody is the same level and wearing the same gear.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh I've taken econ classes, and read further on it.

There is no such thing as supply and demand. It's just a cover for greed. Inflation is a greedy persons lame excuse to charge more for everything to get rich faster.

You can try to hide your insane greed from everyone else but you can't hide it from me. Just because there is only one of something in the world that everyone wants does NOT suddenly make it worth billions. That's greed talking.

I don't give a **** HOW much someone is willing to buy something for. My prices will always remain low, typically 25% lower than everyone elses (or even lower than that). I'm in it to help the server, NOT my wallet!

I will NEVER sell an item for more than I would be willing to pay to buy it myself. Example, phoenix feathers. I was buying them in my catshop for I think it was 1600 or 1800 each I forget. After I got the required 9999 I ended up with a few extra. Instead of selling them for 2400 each, as I could have easily done, I sold them right in my catshop for the EXACT price I bought them for.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's unreasonable to consider greed as a variable; it is virtually constant.

In reality most people will not do as you described and will do what ever they can to further their own cause without thought for the collective.

As such the degree of priced growth as a result of this is called inflation so that it may be measured and controlled.

It should also be noted that greed works both ways; you were greedy for buying the lowest price available.

This leads to the counter for inflation, over production.

If something is produced faster than it is bought/consumed and that something is produced by a large number of unaffiliated producers they will undercut each other causing counter-inflation as buyers will be greedy and only buy the lowest price available.

Edited to remove typos/spelling mistakes
  • exent
    edited September 2009
    There is no such thing as supply and demand. It's just a cover for greed. Inflation is a greedy persons lame excuse to charge more for everything to get rich faster.

You can try to hide your insane greed from everyone else but you can't hide it from me. Just because there is only one of something in the world that everyone wants does NOT suddenly make it worth billions. That's greed talking.

No such thing as Supply and Demand? Wow, it's like trying to explain to someone that the world is round, and not flat...

Look, this is not a matter of opinion, it'S the base of capitalism. You can disagree with it's principles, but in this game, it's how it works. That'S why I was saying you might be happier in another game...

Of course, if we would be talking about food and shelter, yes I would agree there should be some autorities fixing prices so that everyone can enjoy the same basic needs of life...

However, we are talking here about boutique items, and there is nothing in there that you NEED to have to enjoy the game. The person who uses real life money to get Gold has the right to sell it to who he wants and at the price he wants. I am not gonna cry over a player who can't afford it. He can still enjoy the game.

There are 3 kinds of players that enjoy PWI.

A) Those who use real life money to get what they want.

B) Those who work hard to get enough ingame coins to get what they want.

C) Those who don't use real life money and don't have much ingame coins, but are still enjoying the game.

So if you are broke like C, but are not willing to use real life money (A) OR find a way to get ingame coins (B), but you are STILL complaining about how everything is expensive, then it is you who is greedy. You want it all, the free game, the gold, the coins, the items, and all of that without working for it.

So like we said before, the problem is not greed, it's that there is too many coins in circulation. Give a good oportunaty for richer players to spend it all, and the gold prices will go down.
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    >_> You could always put an upper limit on everything.

For example, some of the stuff I have seen is selling for 30-50m. That's a ridiculously high number in ANY game, I have played it. So, make a limit to the how high a price can be, based on the item being sold. Limit the greed to a max.

I hate to say it, but gold is probably one of the only things that shouldn't have a limit, as it is taking real money to buy it. Even if it is completely unattainable, atm. b:surrender

It would also help if items could be NPCed for a price closer to their real value. =_= 8k for a 3 star, fully elemented level 60 armor with stats, is not nearly enough. Even adding a single zero to that would be on the lower limits of fair.

Couple that with the auction/sell limits and you have a fairer economy. Granted, gold prices will soar, it will help keep people from quitting due to other players' greed.

I left for two months and gold prices quadrupled, auctions are dead, and every place I go lags like Arch. Cut us a little slack and help out with the economy.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • exent
    edited September 2009
    There isn't really a ''real value'' of things. The value you are thinking of is the value you used to pay when you started playing...

Talk to your grand-parents and ask them how much was a cheeseburger when they were young... lol

There is, however, a fixed value to every boutique item. It's 1 american dollar for 1 gold piece. People seem to forget that.

If you put a maximum price on things, or even just a NPC that sells the items for a fixed price in coins, what do you think wil happen? People will keep playing, gaining more and more coins, more and more mats, items and levels, to a point where everyone has enough of everything to afford charms, dolls, shards, gear, etc with only ingame coins.

Sounds great doesn't it? The only problem, why on earth would someon pay 1 american dollar to get something from the boutique when they can easily get everything ingame? And PWI goes bankrupt...
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Best coin sink ever:

Reset everyones coins to 0

Best coin sink ever:

remove the weekly coin rewards from TW. b:victory

It may have a side effect: all mercenaries will flee from the "stongest" factions, makin' posible to smaller factions have a chance on owning a territory, specially on Sanctuary b:pleased
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]