Solution for Gold Prices

boltswift
boltswift Posts: 14 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
Before I begin, this is my background.
I have played this game for about a month and 2 weeks now.

I have 45m coins right now and about 15m in items.
I have never bought zhen. It had never seemed to me that buying zhen was necessary for items like herc/phoenix UNTIL the anniversary packs arrived.

I knew that zhen chargers had their advantages such as being able to train without needing to watch hp and mp (due to charms), refining equipment to high numbers, having piggy smileys to socialize better, etc.

However, now, it has become absolutely absurd.

Hercules and Phoenix (I use these as examples, not simply because I cannot think further than my own class) now cost 60m EACH. Thats how Dreamweaver's prices are. I'm sure the other servers have similar prices.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a Phoenix and Hercules without spending zhen and without merchanting (*Cough* Scamming *Cough*) with the current prices. I do not doubt that statement at ALL.

Now, some people might believe that such legendary pets SHOULD be reserved for zhen chargers simply because they're legendary!

Okay, you do have a point there. However, most players remember that hercules and phoenix were at one point, OBTAINABLE! They used to go for 20m. Their prices then escalated by 10m every week, LITERALLY. If you give your players something, and then take it away, the players will be unhappy. The hope for obtaining hercules and phoenix is comparable to a drug addiction. You give them the hope, then you take it away. They need that hope. In fact, that hope is what fuels most venomancers to play and work hard. They suffer from withdrawal when you take away their hope. This withdrawal is the mass quitting of players which is evident in the threads of these forums (most of them closed).

Include "clouds" in your message if you have read thus far. I appreciate someone taking the time to read it.

ON WITH IT!

What is the solution to the high gold prices?

1. Make it so that the consolation prize for the Anniversary Pack is only 10 tokens of luck.

Why? Gold prices cannot drop if the WORST prize you get is 15 tokens. These tokens will never decrease in value anymore simply because they are solid currency. These tokens are used to buy some of the most important items in the game.

Tokens can buy you, in order of importance based on my opinion:
1. Teleacoustics
2. Flawless Citrine
3. Flawless Garnet
4. Flawless Sapphire
5. Apocalypse Pages
6. Mysterious Chips
7. Training Esotericas

How can gold possibly drop in price if tokens are backed up by these items!?!

By implementing this change, gold will drop by a noticeable amount. I'd expect this to drop gold from 400k to about 350k in my server.

Negative Effects: Inflation of teleacoustics, gems, etc. Doesn't matter, they're too cheap currently. 25 reputation is 120k in my server. That shouldn't be. The only truly bad effect would be that people who invested in a ton of gold would lose money. Well, to them, I say, **** YOU. These gold hoarders are part of the reason why the gold prices are so high.

2. Bring upon a gold sale. Make it so that you get 35% more. You'd get 13.5 gold for $10.

This would bring up gold sales tremendously for Perfect World. It would balance the effects of change #1. Zhen buyers would profit even MORE from buying gold.

More people will buy gold. This means more gold in the auction house! This means CHEAPER GOLD. This would probably drop gold to a firm 300k.

13.5 gold for 300k each is 4.05m
10 gold for 400k each is worth 4m.
Therefore, zhen buyers would get MORE for their dollars/euros/pounds with the implementation of this zhen sale!

Negative Effects: None.

Now, you might say.. "wouldn't people who bought gold previous to this event be pissed?"

Pissed about what? ...that they got 50k less for every $10?

The more likely scenario is that more people would buy gold upon hearing of this sale.

3. Include Battle Pet Packs in the list of prizes from tokens of BEST luck.
You should be able to trade in a token of best luck for 50 battle pet packs. A token of best luck is worth 5m. Therefore, this will bring battle pet packs to a more reasonable price of 100k each. You average 25 nix/sof per pack so this will bring nix/sof to a firm 4k each. 40m is still a high price for herc/nix but it is definitely better than the current price of 60m.

Negative effects: People who recently paid high prices for herc/nix will be pissed. If you paid real money ($200) for it. It shouldn't matter to you. Its $200 no matter what gold prices are. I highly doubt anyone paid coins for the herc/nix. First of all, there is barely any sof/nix in the market currently. Second of all, its way too expensive to buy with coins.

Assuming there was someone who actually paid 60m coins for herc/nix.. if you're rich enough to dish out 60m like that, you're rich enough to not care.

I highly doubt anyone with a legendary pet would quit simply because the cost of it got lowered.

This has happened with gems too. People who bought flawless gems before event overpaid. This would happen with the legendary pets. No big deal.

Hope would be restored for venomancers that don't zhen charge.

Include "trees" in your post if you have read thus far.
_______

These three changes would drop gold to about 300k. 300k is a fair price for gold. Hercules and Nix would drop to 40m, fair and reachable prices (Better than the current 60m anyway).

These changes will not lower what zhen buyers get with their money. You will still get the same amount of coins with your gold. It all balances out.

With these changes, this "Perfect World" would be slightly more perfect.

If you wish to offer a rebuttal, include a decent argument.

PLEASE DO NOT FLAME. I DID NOT WRITE ALL THIS FOR THE THREAD TO BE CLOSED. >_>
Post edited by boltswift on

Comments

• boltswift
    boltswift Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The only people hurt from these changes would be the people that were hoarding gold. These people are merchants who have tons of gold and they hold it, trying to inflate the price of gold. They then sell their gold when the prices inflate enough.

These people are slightly to blame for the spikes in gold prices.

They invested in gold. Investments have risks. Too bad.
  • mminion
    mminion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    u know wat perfect world isnt so perfect any more, i remember wen the price of gold was sittin on 150k for 1 zhen, that was the good life....
    it went up to 400k in like 2 weeks which really sucks,
    its like the clouds have gone grey and the trees r wilting
    ITS JUST NOT RIGHT!!!!
    thx 4 this boltswift
  • FoxWick - Dreamweaver
    FoxWick - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Another note, what kind of Perfect World has me open 200 anniversary packs and get tokens on all of them..

then, my guildmate opens 40 anniversary packs and claims he got:

1 scroll of time
    5 tokens of best luck
    primeval stone
    stone of savant

By the way, this is BoltSwift. I just put on an avatar, thats all.
  • FoxWick - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    and what do you know?

Its the selfish, people that win.

What a perfect world this is!

When I got a red dye from a pigment pack, I gave everyone in my immediate area 20k.

My guildmate in Armageddon wins a wing trophy, 5 tokens of best luck, scroll of tome, primeval stone, and a stone of savant from 40 anniversary packs.

I ask him if he could sell me some of the items for a bit cheaper than normal. He denies and immediately calls me a noob for begging. Other guildies who ask are treated the same, called noobs and beggars.

So.. its the selfish people that win and the selfless people that lose.

Indeed, what a perfect world.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Pretty much there are players that have a very high ingame coin amount. Because of this they can buy up the cheap gold and sell it at a higher price.

Actually I still think my theory is right and we have illegal gold sellers on all the servers. Most mmo's get them and they come into the economy and ruin it on purpose. It drives players to become desperate and buy gold outside the game instead of inside. Even for cash shoppers right now playing the market is dangerous. I buy my gold for myself and spend it on myself. Since quickly something that was 400k one day in the next week can be one mil. If i sell my gold for low coins i'll never make profit with the way things are inflating.

So really i do believe there is someone in game using hi coinage to control the market, for other purposes. Right now would be the perfect time to start this since they are coming out with another expansion and gaining lots of players. Most of these people need high coin revenue so they scam, cheat, bot, etc to get it. I suspect this happened over in china as well to raise the gold prices. Might be one of the reasons why you have to pay for a tele, and also why you can't spam chat. I don't know if this is true but i think proxy servers are banned from the game prevent gold spammers. I'm sure these were implemented because of a previous crisis in china.

Well it's hard to prove, since i don't have logs. It's easy for players to attack devs and GM's cause they don't know what's going on. That and Gm's are the closest contact we have to anything. However, i think they too are a bit stumped at this. It is very difficult to combat gold sellers, and many games don't have the money or resources too. So players may go unanswered for long periods of time. Only because the solution is very difficult to find. It's probably why xarfox thought the sink would work but it didn't, since he wasn't expecting going up against something like this.

However there are a lot of veteran mmo's we all know how quickly an economy can be destroyed by these people who sell illegally outside game.
  • FoxWick - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Pretty much there are players that have a very high ingame coin amount. Because of this they can buy up the cheap gold and sell it at a higher price.

Actually I still think my theory is right and we have illegal gold sellers on all the servers. Most mmo's get them and they come into the economy and ruin it on purpose. It drives players to become desperate and buy gold outside the game instead of inside. Even for cash shoppers right now playing the market is dangerous. I buy my gold for myself and spend it on myself. Since quickly something that was 400k one day in the next week can be one mil. If i see my gold for low coins i'll never make profit with the way things are inflating.

So really i do believe there is someone in game using hi coinage to control the market, for other purposes. Right now would be the perfect time to start this since they are coming out with another expansion and gaining lots of players. Most of these people need high coin revenue so they scam, cheat, bot, etc to get it. I suspect this happened over in china as well to raise the gold prices. Might be one of the reasons why you have to pay for a tele, and also why you can't spam chat. I don't know if this is true but i think proxy servers are banned from the game prevent gold spammers. I'm sure these were implemented because of a previous crisis in china.

Well it's hard to prove, since i don't have logs. It's easy for players to attack devs and GM's cause they don't know what's going on. That and Gm's are the closest contact we have to anything. However, i think they too are a bit stumped at this. It is very difficult to combat gold sellers, and many games don't have the money or resources too. So players may go unanswered for long periods of time. Only because the solution is very difficult to find. It's probably why xarfox thought the sink would work but it didn't, since he wasn't expecting going up against something like this.

However there are a lot of veteran mmo's we all know how quickly an economy can be destroyed by these people who sell illegally outside game.

I highly doubt real world item traders would bother to compete with 400k for 1 dollar.

Its clear that they would find more profit in other games. They would be stupid to try to compete with Perfect World Entertainment. There is no way you can compete with their prices. They have an INFINITE supply of gold. They make it. They generate it. You can't compete with that.

It would be like a private company going up against a heavily government supported company.

It would be like a gang of street criminals going up against the United States military.

Oh and karma does not exist in this game. Never again, will I do another good deed in this game. In fact, the people who don't help others, to my experience, have better luck.

I don't mean to say that I do good deeds simply for good luck... but, it seems that by doing good deeds, my luck gets ****ed.
  • FoxWick - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    going to bed, will read comments tomorrow.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    on my-en delphi gold is 880k each and its also cheaper with RL money however panther cost 30gold so in game its alot so stop crying about gold prices :P
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Fox if you ever notice that gold sellers go after any mmo. It's a business, an illegal one but a business. They especially target the bigger mmo's. And they make sure that they sell this gold cheaper than what you would pay in the cash shop. To be honest there is always some idiot willing to cheat his way to the top in a game.

These type of gold sellers pray on those idiots. That's why they do anything they can in an mmo to obtain coin. These people actually have it where they pay sweat shop wages to kids to come in game and spam. They have high tech macro programs. Many work out of internet cafe's. So they earn more profit than spend. They don't just come in small numbers either, we aren't talking about a guy running a business out of his basement. IT's gotten so serious that china had to pass laws against doing such a thing, because these people do serious damage to mmo companies. There are tons of articles out about these people. It's a very good read, and helps with understanding the business aspect of an mmo and what you face.

Also about the sharing thing. I have this to say about that. I spend my real life money on this game. It belongs to me so i am not going to share that with anyone. I feel that if this person wants an item that costs money they need to work for it as well in game or spend they're own money. As far as helping someone there are lots of things i can help with. You need some help with quests, fine i can do that. You need help finding an area, i can do that too. You need some money to buy a red dye. Sorry sir or miss so do I. Why should i work twice as hard to get something and hand it to the same person who isn't working at all. No my friend don't do such a thing. This game is a want not a need. Nothing in this game is a needed thing in real life. Therefore enjoy your own rewards.
  • FoxWick - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Fox if you ever notice that gold sellers go after any mmo. It's a business, an illegal one but a business. They especially target the bigger mmo's. And they make sure that they sell this gold cheaper than what you would pay in the cash shop. To be honest there is always some idiot willing to cheat his way to the top in a game.

These type of gold sellers pray on those idiots. That's why they do anything they can in an mmo to obtain coin. These people actually have it where they pay sweat shop wages to kids to come in game and spam. They have high tech macro programs. Many work out of internet cafe's. So they earn more profit than spend. They don't just come in small numbers either, we aren't talking about a guy running a business out of his basement. IT's gotten so serious that china had to pass laws against doing such a thing, because these people do serious damage to mmo companies. There are tons of articles out about these people. It's a very good read, and helps with understanding the business aspect of an mmo and what you face.

Also about the sharing thing. I have this to say about that. I spend my real life money on this game. It belongs to me so i am not going to share that with anyone. I feel that if this person wants an item that costs money they need to work for it as well in game or spend they're own money. As far as helping someone there are lots of things i can help with. You need some help with quests, fine i can do that. You need help finding an area, i can do that too. You need some money to buy a red dye. Sorry sir or miss so do I. Why should i work twice as hard to get something and hand it to the same person who isn't working at all. No my friend don't do such a thing. This game is a want not a need. Nothing in this game is a needed thing in real life. Therefore enjoy your own rewards.

Nah, you're thinking of them as way too much. Thats a conspiracy theory.

These companies are just similar to huge internet cafes, except the people get PAID to play, instead of paying to play. They aren't paid "sweatshop wages" since in their countries, the pay is actually good compared to other occupations.

The way you brought up the red dye, it sounds like you misinterpreted my point...

It is VERY hard for those companies to compete with PWI's prices.

One gold is 400k. One dollar is 400k.

Those companies would have to at least give 800k for 1 dollar then, to compete.

These farmers make probably 200k an hour. That is what most people make, accounting for repairs, etc. That means these farmers would have to farm 4 hours just to make ONE dollar. That wage is not enough for anyone, even for people in China.

I wasn't aware of there being much botters in Perfect World. However, even with botting, you can only make so much. As for HIGH TECH BOTS, I highly doubt that. They're just real world item traders, not MIT graduates. I highly doubt they'd pay for a bot too. Their wages are so low after all.

Therefore, these real world item traders cannot even profit off this game. There are expenses in leaving a computer on. The person playing can be doing better things than earning $1 per 4 hours. Don't forget, the guy has to give probably half of that money to the company he works for.

The guy would be earning $1 per EIGHT hours. That is not enough to feed anyone in any country, not China, anyway. China isn't as poor as you think. They developed this game.

IF ANYTHING, I'D THINK THE REAL WORLD ITEM TRADERS ARE THE FACTION LEADERS. They get HUNDREDS of millions for the territory they own. Theres no way you can spend ALL of that. Conspiracy....
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    These farmers make probably 200k an hour.

A professional farmer who knows a lot about the game would make much more than that. Grinding mobs for gold and dq items is not the way to make money.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The gold sale is actually a pretty good idea. It would lower the price of all boutique items.
    People might pay like $20 for a mount, and theyll get 25gold (around there, cbb to calculate 35%)....Actually theyll get 27 gold. Yeah, and people will probably put that spare 7 gold in the auction house.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Popsouteggs - Heavens Tear
    Popsouteggs - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Aoe is correct, if you know your stuff about MMORPG's you would know that 95% of them have "gold sellers"

It starts easy, they have money from other games.

Gold selling or item seller on some older games has been around since 1995 with Diablo.

It is illegal to the game not actually illegal..because there is a loop hole in the Laws of USA and China where all sellers have to do is include "All virtual items are sole property of blah blah blah, you are paying for the time required to gather these not the items themselves"

As AOE said it is a business. A big business.

How it starts?

My theory is that when legendarys first came to cash shop gold sellers bought multiples. Paid a programmer to make a private bot for them and well essentially they just paid for a couple of pimped out characters and ran bots in instances for days/weeks at a time.

You are ignorant to believe that "HIGH TECH BOTS" do not exist..they exist for BIGGER BETTER MORE ADVANCED games then this that have ANTI CHEATS. Surely you are joking..because we all know PWI has 0% effort into any form of anti cheating system.

And it doesn't take a ITT grad to make a bot..if you know visual,cc+ and some autoit then you can make a bot..you can learn all of the necessary tools on the internet at that..use something else besides this website and you'll learn how powerful the internet really is

At the present time..the only way botters are banned or stopped is manually catching them out away from the comp while bot is on..and thats just a random bot made by some noob and passed out for free

Not to mention if they are reported..all they have to do is say 'hi" to the GM that whispers them and nothing happens! Most of the time these people aren't AFK..its a business and they have to sit there and watch the 10 PW screens to make sure none get banned..AND THATS IF THEY ARE DOING IT IN OPEN WORLD which the higher people will not be doing.

You must understand these people are willing to pay $200 for a COPYRIGHTED PROGRAM that no one else can have in their possession without permission of the company to make huge profit.

Btw only game to have people manually farming gold in mass and selling it on websites is WoW because of the anticheat on it makes it too hard to bot, but WoW gold is worth alot more then PWI for obvious reasons.

Worst part about it? When PWI updates and changes anything to mess up bots all these people do is take 2-3 days to find out all the changed codes and its fixed. I am guessing it takes a week for the "High Tech Bots made by college grads."

Still in doubt? Think about what all these bots effect?
    Price of herbs
    Price of pet food
    price of Zen
    Price of mats
    Price of Dq
    PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE CASH SHOP PRICES

I mean it should be obvious..with the rising amount of 24/7 afk shops everywhere

You think these people buy a laptop to afk on pwi on a catshop? please..

Listen if your in doubt about the possibility of this..you should ask yourself why China is putting a tax into law where gold sellers have to pay tax on their profits.
    Thats how bad its gotten

PW is a FREE GAME FREE TO PLAY WITH A CASH SHOP AND NO ANTI CHEAT SYSTEM
    If you don't think its being exploited you are not very smart
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The best way (in my opinion) would've to have made the Anniversary Packs a rare drop from mobs and to have never put them in the Cash Shop but I've never really thought this out enough so... yeah.

P.S. I didn't read any of the posts.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Popsouteggs that was exactly what i was thinking in theory. By the way I'm a low level veno farmer i an make about two mil a week playing one hour a day as long as i cat shop everything over night. Now imagine how much a botter could make playing 24/7 for 365 days out the year.

Let's say we don't just have the botter option either. Let's say tw creates another large coin gain. True considering that it would be a loss of territory, but not an economic loss for a true business man. What would a gold seller need tw for. Well for starters the coin amount you earn when owning territory is a lot. Let's say the people in my guild don't get anything from tw, remember these people might be employees of my company. Second, if we own territory and keep it growing it's money free money i don't have to risk botting for. Lets say now you cheat to make sure you keep the territory, so you build alt guilds to create false bidding. This monopolizes the money on territory. (O.o did anyone ever find it strange that low level guilds are too scared to town war. However if numerous people attack they can't protect all the territories.. back on topic). I'm not accusing any guilds of anything again this is only theory and speculation. However for a gold seller pwi is like a gold mine, they would use any cheat necessary to get gold, and do this and not get detected.

Then why do gold sellers want to fool with the economy they would take a loss too. That thinking is wrong. For one if i monopolize the gold market in game, i control the prices. It means i buy up the gold cheap and sell it higher every time. Why do this? Because i want the players to feel desperate. PWI creates the atmosphere of must have now. Must buy now, there is a sale this week etc. Players fool themselves in thinking they must have this to play, i must buy this to be number one. So if i create the demand for coins and gold and turn players desperate. Then I would advertise the coins outside game, or legendary items cheaper then what you would buy zen for. These people aren't the normal botters nor are they normal hackers. They can destroy an mmo fast, and it cost thousands to keep up with protecting your game. So much that you would take a net loss, instead of gain. It's why lots of mmo's keep implementing things to protect the game yet make it difficult for the players.

Also there are bot programs out there that can make a bot almost act and move like a regular player. Second these low cost employees are not paying for the bots the owners of the business are paying for the software. These under paid employees just run it. This isn't the kind of bot a normal cheating player uses. These people can make millions. They don't target one mmo they target many. Many of them are professionals, and since this game has come out in china already i am sure they had the programs to do this out already. To be honest with you sweat shops dont pay $1 dollar and hour. There are people who only make a few cents an hour barely enough to feed themselves. You live in a delusional world if you think that everyone can make minimum wage money like in the America's.

So before you point the finger at the zen buyers (who keep the game running) or the free players (who make the game enjoyable) or the gm's (who are just the customer service part of the game) or even the dev team (who are probably fighting to find a solution), think about how the mmo world works. As said above this game is not free from being botted . Cheaters, hackers and botters, all make software faster then people can combat them. I am sure these people are what is ruining the game.

Also off topic. I understood what you said about the red dye. I don't think you understand me. You were helping someone, and giving kindness to that person. However, that person did not return the kindness to you. So you feel cheated. If im wrong i apologize but that is what i get from what you say. Now you feel like you should not help anyone again. This is why i said what i said. If you help someone make sure they are in need not in want. For example a starving man is in need of food, so i give him food or teach him how to get it. A man begging for money to buy a pack of smokes. To him he needs a cigeratte. However it is only a want, so he will get nothing from me. My point being it is okay to show others kindness. However, there is a difference between kindness and being used. For one when i show kindness to others i never expect anything in return. It's not truly kindness if it has a selfish motive attached. Second, when i show kindness i make sure it is not something that i will get butt hurt over. Meaning i never give out of my needs and wants for someones want and laziness. Do you get my point now.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    On other side. Me as a mage has very expensive skills. Before event I couldn't afford it. Because grinding took lot of time and I have family and I'm working. So my skill was so poor. Event started and gold rise to 1/400K. Which is perfect for me. I sold 20$ for 400k and for 8M I upgraded my skills to maximum and also I could afford it all 3, 79skills also I bought all mats for making lv. 90 armor without hours spent on grinding. For 20$ which is literally nothing to me. So I really satisfied. Today I will sell next 20$ and will buy some shards and mysterious chips. b:victory
    But I understand, that for some people is price of gold unexceptionable. I think good price is somewhere in middle. I remember gold price when I started 1 gold-120K. So spending real money didn't worth it. And this GM doesn't want too this low cost price of gold what was in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaboro
    kaboro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    boltswift wrote: »

I have never bought zhen. It had never seemed to me that buying zhen was necessary for items like herc/phoenix UNTIL the anniversary packs arrived.
    Well, in 1.5 months to have 45m and 15m in items and most likely all the cash shop items you need, and you of all people complain about the prices going up and the need to buy zhen? I dont get it.
    I mean you can use some of those milions and buy gold from the auction house...problem solved.

However, now, it has become absolutely absurd.

Hercules and Phoenix (I use these as examples, not simply because I cannot think further than my own class) now cost 60m EACH. Thats how Dreamweaver's prices are. I'm sure the other servers have similar prices.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a Phoenix and Hercules without spending zhen and without merchanting (*Cough* Scamming *Cough*) with the current prices. I do not doubt that statement at ALL.
    You made 45m in 1.5 months, so in theory you could afford that pet in 2-3 months. I dont see a problem there, given these pets are not only "legendary" they are also overpowered and very useful so a player should not be able to get them in a month.....unless they pay ridiculous amounts of real money in the cash shop....this is a cash shop game after all.

If you give your players something, and then take it away, the players will be unhappy.
    Thats perfectly true, but you have to understand this happens in all online games out there.
    Devs are constantly adjusting things as they evolve, and to get such a pet that costs about $200 for 20mil game coin is ridiculous and that was a necessary change dont you think?

The hope for obtaining hercules and phoenix is comparable to a drug addiction. You give them the hope, then you take it away. They need that hope. In fact, that hope is what fuels most venomancers to play and work hard. They suffer from withdrawal when you take away their hope. This withdrawal is the mass quitting of players which is evident in the threads of these forums (most of them closed).
    If a player could get that pet in 1 month without spending a single cent in the cash shop, something was wrong.
    I dont see how an excellent achiever like yourself lost hope to get that pet. You can still get it, just not so fast and not so cheap.

As for the gold prices....the way i see it is like this: i give you one gold for which i worked in RL, and you give me 400k that you made playing (having fun), so why all the gold price drama?
    45mil in 1.5 month....thats worth 100 gold at the actual prices....sorry but i dont see why you complaining.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Impressive money generating skills you have there!

I'm somewhat confused where you're coming from though. If you can generate that much coin that quick then a legendary pet or two should still be a walk in the park. They're expensive, but not that expensive.

Nah, they're not "IMPOSSIBLE" at all.

I just bought a Scroll of Tome for 65million using in-game coin, without ever having charged zen to get it. Yes, 65million is a lot of coin, but even for a guy like me that can't generate 45million in 1 1/2 months it's not "IMPOSSIBLE".
    However, most players remember that hercules and phoenix were at one point, OBTAINABLE! They used to go for 20m.
    Since you're new and have only been playing for 1 1/2 months, you can be forgiven for not remembering way, way, way back in ancient PWI history. Specifically, the two 40%-off sale Battle Pet Pack weekends that happened 1 3/4 months and 1 1/2 months ago, respectively. b:laugh

I realize that what you're asking for is for prices to not fluctuate. At the moment, players who want legendary pets are going to have to wait until the anniversary packs are no longer on sale or else pay massively inflated prices. Waiting 3 weeks probably seems like a lot to a new player like yourself, but really, it's nothing. It took my girlfriend and I 6 months to get her her first two legendary pets, and that was also with the help of a different 40% Battle Pet Packs sale.
    Tokens can buy you, in order of importance based on my opinion:
    I can tell by your choices you're not a merchant or trader, which means all your income must have come from grinding or farming. All I can say is, dang, you're hard-core! b:victory
    How can gold possibly drop in price if tokens are backed up by these items!?!
    It's not the basic tokens that are inflating Gold prices. If it was, then you wouldn't be able to buy tons-and-tons of tokens for less than 1/2 of what they cost to get from anniversary packs.

Rather, it's the slim chance of uber-items that people are paying for.

If you want to lower Gold prices, either get rid of the packs or nerf the rewards so they are similar to the other gamble-packs that have been released so far.

Or, just wait a couple more weeks. That's my plan.
    The only truly bad effect would be that people who invested in a ton of gold would lose money. Well, to them, I say, **** YOU. These gold hoarders are part of the reason why the gold prices are so high.
    Ah, see, there's where you lose me. There's no need to flame others.

First off, there are no Gold hoarders left. Anybody who had any Gold hoarded with the intention of selling it at a higher price sold it a long, long time ago. If they haven't sold or used it by now, then they're probably not going to sell or use it later on either.

Second, when Gold sellers sell it pushes down prices. But when Gold buyers buy buy it pushes prices up. These are the very basic "supply and demand" market forces that have been discussed to death here on the forums.

So if you are going to curse out somebody for driving up prices, look in the mirror. You bought 200 anniversary packs, meaning you were part of the Gold demand, rather than selling off the Gold and being part of the Gold supply. I don't feel you did anything wrong, but you've falsely accused others of something that was your (and mine, and others like us) fault.

Oh, and btw, I'm not including a bunch of code-words in this post because, honestly, that request makes you sound emo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Can you tell how did you gather that much money? I am playing my 5th month and I have gathered maybe 15m in total. Not savings or in items. I just cant believe that 45m + 15m in 1,5 month.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    there was a time gold was priced at 100k in santuaryb:sad
  • BarbofTheo - Dreamweaver
    BarbofTheo - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    FoxWick makes all his money by merchanting by the way. He isn't like investors though because he tries to get the item sold by the same day. He is often seen in Archosaurr trading and just watching the auction house.

This thread actually contains a very nicely written solution that would not **** off either sides (zhen buyers or non-zhen chargers).

Its too bad. Instead of reading and considering the obviously well-thought suggestions, Perfect World went on to ban FoxWick (boltswift).

FoxWick told me all about it. He was grinding on FoxWing Supremes, killing without picking up loot (He is very conscious about exp per minute). Then, a GM comes to him. The GM pms him. There is no way for FoxWick to respond. FoxWick told me that when he had tried to click on the GM's name, it just asks him if he wants to file a ticket. He clicked it over and over trying to respond, and it just asked him if he wanted to file more tickets.

Frustrated, he went to kill the next foxwing. Then, he told me he got teleported all over the place! He thought this was some cruel joke by the GMs, simply because he disagreed. He was confused as **** now, being teleported everywhere. He told me on an instant messenger what was happening. I was confused too. He then told me he got booted, and banned.

Wtf?

Is this the treatment you get for offering a solution to gold prices? Shame.

and I am his brother.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sounds like he got banned under the premise of botting. Though in reality it should be banned for greed. Merchanting only drives up prices.

Tip for the future: If a GM is pming you wanting a response, they are next to you though maybe not visible. Respond in normal chat, they will see it. I learned this on PW-MY when the GMs were doing bot sweeps. I was told to respond in 5 seconds or I'd be banned.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited September 2009
    Sounds like he got banned under the premise of botting. Though in reality it should be banned for greed. Merchanting only drives up prices.

Tip for the future: If a GM is pming you wanting a response, they are next to you though maybe not visible. Respond in normal chat, they will see it. I learned this on PW-MY when the GMs were doing bot sweeps. I was told to respond in 5 seconds or I'd be banned.

FoxWick couldn't respond, he told me. Everytime he tried to, he was asked if he wanted to file a ticket saying he was stuck.

He didn't know to respond in normal chat. He thought a whisper would work. In fact, his chat is put to whisper when he grinds.

So to him, he had no idea how to respond to the GM. Then, he was teleported over and over.. confused as hell. Then, he gets booted and banned. The GMs wouldn't even explain anything, how to respond to them, etc.

I wonder. Was part of the reason why he got banned because he made this thread?

maybe the GMs just made a mistake. Its absurd that you can't PM a GM back though. How the hell can people talk to you if... it asks us to file a ticket. come on!
    edited September 2009

Well, to my brother, merchanting was the only way he could have afforded his dream pets, Hercules and Phoenix. Its his junior year in high school (16 years old) and so our family did not want him to find a part time job YET. It would disrupt his learning process. We think his junior year to be of more importance than him getting a part time job. So he couldn't spend Zhen and so he merchanted.

Its way too general to be saying all merchants are greedy.

If you had no merchants...

You'd have no catshops. You'd be wondering where the hell you're supposed to find certain items.

You'd have no people selling shards next to the crazy stones people.

You'd have no people selling dice tickets inside cube of fate.

In my opinion, merchants just make everything easier to find for people. At the same time, they ask for a little bit of profit.

He is strongly against anyone who compares merchanting to scamming. That is why on his first post, he makes that sarcastic comparison.

Most of what my brother did for merchanting was to buy a bunch of gold charms, then resell in a catshop for a bit more. He'd make a few hundred thousands everytime he did this.

He profits about 30k every charm. This means the people pay 30k more, than if they were to find the original seller. However, the original seller doesn't open catshops. Therefore, FoxWick has made it easier for people to get charms.

but lets reserve the arguing the use of merchants for another thread.

meanwhile, we're trying to implement a solution for the gold prices b:chuckle

Oh and... FIVE SECONDS TO RESPOND?

WHAT?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    there was a time gold was priced at 100k in santuaryb:sad

Man, those were that days.... No elastic band glitch. No cube boxes. No swamp water dmg glitch. Players who loved and defended the game against anyone who said bad about it. 300k charms. Affording your first full cs set and mount by 40. That was a game I would've played indefinitely b:surrender

Now it's just the same 10-20 "Stop crying pl0x nub QQ moar" handful of people and a huge crowd of unhappy discontent players and a similarly large number of players quitting for better things. The sad thing is, I can guarantee you the "Stop crying QQ moar" group will still be here in 5 years, still flaming newbies who complain and pretending everythings great.
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    First of all, the best way to get your ideas to the eyes that matter is to submit them in a ticket. Threads like these never go anywhere, they rehash talking points covered a hundred times already in threads that appeared weeks ago.

Secondly, it's against the rules to discuss player bans in any way. If your brother was wrongly banned, have him submit a ticket about it and he will get unbanned if he is innocent. It's quite simple, really.

Thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.