Problem With Window Mode

inuakuma
inuakuma Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
PW is a game I like to play a lot, and I spend almost all day every day on it. I also like msn; it runs in the background. Since multitasking with Perfect world in Full Mode is annoying, I tend to have it in Window mode. When I try to set it into the 1024x768 mode, when a window comes up saying that it must be lower than my desktop resolution; While I've no idea what this means, my brother seems to have some suspicions. Now, this I don't mind; I simply put it as 800x600.

Before, I used to work on Patch 1 for Perfect World. It was slow, and as my computer was very old, I blamed the computer. 9 years old wouldn't make it run at high-speeds. There were problems such as logging in, and getting past the character select screen if that even worked; then the server was slow, as people still moved in the way they would, like NPCs and stretching as they do. However, neither on the mini map or in the window, they don't move their positions, nor do enemies. Then, suddenly, it will spring back into life during a fight and I'll have lost a lot of HP, or just died altogether. It's very annoying, though I had no idea how to deal with it. I was on a new computer at this point, which is still brand new, but the server continued to have these problems.

I switched to Patch 2 as my friend had suggested, and it was working very smoother and faster. So I decided Patch 2 works for my computer while Patch 1 doesn't. However, a problem immediately came around when I started using Patch 2: I've no idea what's to blame, whether it's something I might have done although I'm sure I did nothing, my computer maybe messed up, perhaps a fault in the Patch. Sometimes, Perfect World will exit on it's own when i have it in Window Mode. It won't have an icon in the bottom right corner, it will just completely close up, and a window will pop up. I took a screenshot here:

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u186/dog_girl_arf/?action=view&current=ReportBugs.png

Now, you might ask why I didn't use the window that popped up to report it; I did. I typed exactly what the problem was, in detail, I stated my username and In-game character's name. Even put my email in. The bottom part i had no idea about what it is for, so I just clicked Submit. After a few seconds, a small pop-up said it had Failed. A few seconds later after clicked "Ok" it said it had succeeded. I was confused, but just went on as if nothing was wrong.

This window won't always come up, but every now and then. My brother said that Windows Mode must **** it up, but to be honest I don't want to have to use Full mode. If anyone can help me, please get back to me asap.
Post edited by inuakuma on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Your video driver or chipset may not be powerful enough to run the game.

I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • inuakuma
    edited September 2009
    DirectX Diagnostic Tool, Display, Device says:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (Microsoft Corporation -
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip Type: GeForce FX 5500
    DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Approx. Total Memory: 524 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60 Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

That's that, um..Dunno if that's good or not. At the top of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, only has the tabs System, Display, Sound, Input, just in case that's important...
    Drivers says:

Main Driver: nvd3dum.dll,nvapi.dll
    Version: 7.15.0010.9689 (English)
    Date: 21/01/2008 3:21:11 AM
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    DDI Version: 9Ex

That's all it says in Drivers and Device...I don't really have a clue what it means, though. Oh, and on your screenshot, it says Enabled, then buttons next saying Disable, Test DirectDraw, Test Direct3D. I don't have those for some reason...Well, that's it. Is it possible to fix the problem or would I need to use it in full mode..?
  • Philisia - Sanctuary
    Philisia - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'v seen that error before it sometimes happends to me when i'm full screen then i try to alt-tab to use another program, when i try to tab back into the game it sometime crashes and gives me that error. This only happends if i try to alt-tab and the game itself as always run smoothly for me whitout any errors.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The crashing issue lost me, but I can help with the following.
    inuakuma wrote: »
    PW is a game I like to play a lot, and I spend almost all day every day on it. I also like msn; it runs in the background. Since multitasking with Perfect world in Full Mode is annoying, I tend to have it in Window mode. When I try to set it into the 1024x768 mode, when a window comes up saying that it must be lower than my desktop resolution; While I've no idea what this means, my brother seems to have some suspicions. Now, this I don't mind; I simply put it as 800x600.

What you can do is choose the highest that it lets you, in your case 800x600, and then stretch the window. This is the same setting that I use since I also multitask a lot (pretty much all the icons on my taskbar at once). It'll look something like this.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • inuakuma
    edited September 2009
    Ah, ok then Yukkiri. I will try that and see if it works. Fingers crossed it won't **** up then...@_@ Thanks
This discussion has been closed.