damage lower :S

Waterfal - Sanctuary
Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
hea there ^^

a few days ago a cleric in my faction (lvl59) told her damage-dealing has gone down.
she usually hits like 3000~4000 damage on a mob... and now it's only 1000~2000. she haven't changed armor or weapon, and was fighting wood-mobs...

2 days ago I noticed the same thing happened to my damage. I also only hit 1000~2000 now and had a crit. of 3000! I used to hit over 3000 without crit....

both of us talk then about our damage dealing without any buffs...
for me it's just annoying, the mobs die slower... but I can still do my quests easely.

but the cleric in my faction can't do her own quests alone anymore... she's not hitting hard enough anymore and keeps on dying this way...

is there anyone else having the same problem?

b:sadb:bye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
Post edited by Waterfal - Sanctuary on

Comments

• pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    On Sanctuary server also..

A BM in my faction (lvl 67) has complained to me about the same thing this week, I found it a bit odd..

He said he usually hits 1200-1700 and has been hitting mobs for 600 damage in the last few days..

(weapon not broken, rings not broken, not a p.def increase mob..)

I don't seem to be having this problem with my 3 characters though..
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hea there ^^

a few days ago a cleric in my faction (lvl59) told her damage-dealing has gone down.
    she usually hits like 3000~4000 damage on a mob... and now it's only 1000~2000. she haven't changed armor or weapon, and was fighting wood-mobs...

2 days ago I noticed the same thing happened to my damage. I also only hit 1000~2000 now and had a crit. of 3000! I used to hit over 3000 without crit....

both of us talk then about our damage dealing without any buffs...
    for me it's just annoying, the mobs die slower... but I can still do my quests easely.

but the cleric in my faction can't do her own quests alone anymore... she's not hitting hard enough anymore and keeps on dying this way...

is there anyone else having the same problem?

b:sadb:bye
    pand0ra wrote: »
    On Sanctuary server also..

A BM in my faction (lvl 67) has complained to me about the same thing this week, I found it a bit odd..

He said he usually hits 1200-1700 and has been hitting mobs for 600 damage in the last few days..

(weapon not broken, rings not broken, not a p.def increase mob..)

I don't seem to be having this problem with my 3 characters though..

You all are around Level 60-70. Are you noticing the effects of the water in the Swamp of the Wraiths maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009

You all are around Level 60-70. Are you noticing the effects of the water in the Swamp of the Wraiths maybe?

I honestly didn't think to ask him Where he was fighting..

I'll ask him next time hes online.

But wouldnt lvl 59 be too low for the swamps ?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I don't know what lvl the swamps start... but I'm not fighting mobs in the swamps yet...
    my quests are all around Tusk Town atm...
    I noticed my damage was way lower when I was helping a bm in my faction killing lvl 40 mobs...
    yesterday fought some taurox warlocks, and still low damage dealing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    pand0ra wrote: »
    I honestly didn't think to ask him Where he was fighting..

I'll ask him next time hes online.

But wouldnt lvl 59 be too low for the swamps ?
    not really. not if you like to grind on higher level mobs for better xp payoff. are you fighting air -> ground/water or ground -> water? I do know these things can affect attack strength by basically cutting it in half. Or perhaps you guys have always been buffed before and only now are seeing your attacks at the numbers they really are?
    I don't know what lvl the swamps start... but I'm not fighting mobs in the swamps yet...
    my quests are all around Tusk Town atm...
    I noticed my damage was way lower when I was helping a bm in my faction killing lvl 40 mobs...
    yesterday fought some taurox warlocks, and still low damage dealing...
    well.. if it werent for the fact that those are non-elemental - I'd suggest that perhaps you may be fighting wood mobs and thats why you are seeing lower numbers on your attacks (being wood dedicated class)
    I'm a man
  • Roojie - Lost City
    Roojie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This seems to be a common problem. WTFH.
    My friend is a veno and was doing quite a bit of damage for a long time, even as a heavy armor veno. but then suddenly her damage output dropped and we thought it was her build-(this was within the past 2 days, mind you) now I'm thinking PWI staff screwed with the damage rates and we just got a reset note for nothing, thinking it was something that had nothing to do with it.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention, because now that it's mentioned tha others are having this problem I think I've seen a damage drop in my blademaster as well. I kill ground mobs ont he ground, air mobs in the air and avoid water mobs.

What. Did. They. Do..... -___-;
    I'm going to sit back and wait to see what comes up, if they nurfed the damage to make us buy more charms, or if they typed in a number wrong, ect ect.
  • asgreborn
    asgreborn Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Having same problem...was dealing 900 dmg to mobs...tho my pet seems to hit ~1000 like he used to. With all the +1 attack thingies going around..who knows..they maybe increased the mag def/p def of mobs or something.

Edit: Caster veno lvl 69 here...used to deal 3000+dmg except instances where it varies from mob to mob.
    Sanctuary server rules!

Lvl 76 cleric - (bankrupt for now, will be back in the near future)
    Lvl 60 veno - (active, raising funds for herc)

b:bye
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Mobs buying packs and equipping +1 defence gems! b:shocked
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Roojie - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    By the looks of it damage isn't halved, it got dumped by 2/3rds.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    o.O Sounds pretty awful. Seems like them level 60ish monsters got tougher? Of course barring some sort of official confirmation it would be hard to know for sure. I suppose that I will just have to assume that a lack of response from a GM is a silent affirmation of the OP's claims. Either way, my condolences to the half damage DDs xD.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I haven't encountered this problem yet. My damage has only been going up, not down since I got my passives into their sage versions.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i have an idea.... although since not everyone is experiencing the problem, it's probably just a unintended bug from last patch... but if it's not a bug, then it's intended... in which case here's my idea...

if we go by the class descriptions that were posted HERE, then it is entirely possible that they are nerfing the other class's damage capability... since the new classes come off as rather weak offensively (at least in my eyes)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    hmm.. It's good to hear I'm not the only one with the problem (and bad ofc)
    but well.. I would like to get some explaination from a GM :S

maybe they know more about this... and why are it only a few people? O.o
    I mean... it isn't 1 class... and it isn't like everybody's damage has gone down :S
    it seems something really screwed up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I personally haven't noticed anything, but I'll see later
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roojie - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    If those descriptions really are along the lines of the real thing then none of the normal classes should be nurfed at all. 1 hit KO a veno pet? What? The whole description to that stuff seems fake as paper air.
    I had thought that maybe they would take some attacks down to balance out the game, but really I'm thinking that if anything, no one should have been cut, the new classes should be remodeled to be strong enough to fit in. I don't think it would be fair at all to dumb down people's established characters, there's just no limit to how many players that could ruin. Especially if the mobs are not trimmed to fit- they still haven't fixed the boss glitches that I know of.
    I hope this damage thing is only a bug.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    well.. I hope it is a bug too.. and that they fix it soon...
    I'm saving my money to restat to LA and I'm arcane now...
    So that will make my DD going down...
    how on earth will I ever know then if they fixed it yet?
    :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The Tusk Town Area/The Swamps area has always been the hardest area to get through. I always thought my damage sucked there too. I am not sure what factors into it or not, but those mobs ARE awefully difficult to kill. The good thing is, it gest easier around lelve 70 when you moved on to Village of the Lost and Sanctuary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired