Coin Sink Event Suggestion[s]

Kephras - Heavens Tear
Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
As per Spoon's post here. Post your suggestions for coin-sink events. Who knows, we might yet straighten things out. b:victory

The GM Lottery
-We've already seen how those with money to burn seem to flock towards random-chance lotteries. So let's try something that doesn't involve the boutique, but actually sucks coin out of the game directly!
-For a set period of time, GM-empowered "shop alts" (meaning, a disposable char with the GM tag) will set up consignment shops filled with various random-chance packs. Nothing game-breaking or overpowering - perhaps Rainbow Eggs (chance at rare mount), or other smaller gift packs.
-When the event ends, the GM-sponsored shops will be deleted and all coins they've accumulated removed from game. Clean, simple, & effective.
-Why GM shops? For the red GM tag, so that non-GM shops cannot scam or dupe the event and subvert its purpose.

Feel free to post any others!
Post edited by Kephras - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Jolly Jones but without the option to use Dolls, only the 100k per box b:chuckle
    fhdfdjkhfsjfhsj
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I suggest add an NPC to sell exp. The exp curve at higher level is insane, and people who need to grind that amount will: find it like a chore & add a lot of coin from monster drop into the economy. Let the selling be very inefficient so only people with really excess coin are going to use it instead of grinding.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    -For a set period of time, GM-empowered "shop alts" (meaning, a disposable char with the GM tag) will set up consignment shops filled with various random-chance packs. Nothing game-breaking or overpowering - perhaps Rainbow Eggs (chance at rare mount), or other smaller gift packs.

Continuing with this idea, which henceforth shall be called GMalt Shops, I would like to suggest another item to be put in the shops: OHT crafting materials.

Currently, the process of obtaining Dexterity Material, Spirit Material, etc. is fairly time consuming and often unrewarding. OHT gear is not game-breaking, so people won't really complain if there is an easier to way craft them (hopefully). Selling these Materials in GMalt shops would allow high levelers (i.e. the ones with coins) to obtain them in bulk, and thus siphon a lot of money out of the game.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I really do like the first suggestion. Having a GM set-up shop in key cities selling random items.

Not sure if some would take advantage of this, but it would definitely take care of some of the coins that have flooded in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    -A daily lottery,
    An NPC sells a ticket that costs 100k and the prize is announced at reset with a system announce (prize will be equal to half of the income of the event).

-Repeatable crazy stone with greater and greater cost.

-Jolly Jones with only the 100k option (or an npc to sell anniversary packs for 300k).

-Sell 4-hour dominance blessings at an NPC for 500k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Have an npc or "shrine" too which you could donate coins or items to reduce/remove the time spent under "murder penalty" for pk'rs.

This would work well for PvP servers and perhaps encourage some more to go white named in pve servers too.

Some find pvp fun, actually lots find it fun, and this would be a great Coin Sink, coins removed from the game with ZERO resale potential.
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
    edited September 2009
    Hire a GM as a Mercenary!

Whether it is for FB, BH, PvP, or even TW, you can hire a GM to help you with your needs!

Because who would not want to see two GMs fight each other in a TW?

Limit: 1 GM per faction.
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Whether it is for FB, BH, PvP, or even TW, you can hire a GM to help you with your needs!

I wouldnt, i played another game where players had 2 factions and the "WAR" consisted of 2 player armies with a GM in command, the battle always turned out to be down to which ever gm was better. the gm;s would make short work of every mortal on both sides and it came down to 1v1.

needless to say boring as hell.
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
    edited September 2009
    I wouldnt, i played another game where players had 2 factions and the "WAR" consisted of 2 player armies with a GM in command, the battle always turned out to be down to which ever gm was better. the gm;s would make short work of every mortal on both sides and it came down to 1v1.

needless to say boring as hell.

But...

If you limit 1 GM per faction, and the GM will only fight in 1 TW on a weekend, then that means it is possible for smaller factions to fight against bigger factions. This will result in much more colorful TW maps on non-HT servers.

Couple that with a disclaimer of "This is a limited time offer only.", so that it does not become a permanent thing.
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Here's a possible coin sink,

HP and MP charms that can be bought with coin from an NPC.

These charms would have a much longer cool-down time (perhaps twice as long) than the boutique charms, so the boutique charms wouldn't become unused.

The purpose of this would be to help drain coin while at the same time making it possible for people that don't spend real money to at least survive in certain instances and pvp which pretty much require charms.

I will consider developing this idea more (pricing, other limitations, etc.) if there is support for it.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009

These charms would have a much longer cool-down time (perhaps twice as long) than the boutique charms, so the boutique charms wouldn't become unused.

The purpose of this would be to help drain coin while at the same time making it possible for people that don't spend real money to at least survive in certain instances and pvp which pretty much require charms.

I will consider developing this idea more (pricing, other limitations, etc.) if there is support for it.

Nothing wrong with having a similar, yet lower quality item available in the game. They already do things like that with flying mounts.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    But...

If you limit 1 GM per faction, and the GM will only fight in 1 TW on a weekend, then that means it is possible for smaller factions to fight against bigger factions. This will result in much more colorful TW maps on non-HT servers.

Couple that with a disclaimer of "This is a limited time offer only.", so that it does not become a permanent thing.

Yeah joy I bet all the big factions love ya now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    coins not problem in game ... ppl cant afford the events because they lack of coins ... take out more and stuff will be even more priceless for ppl to get ... why would u want this ??? maybe u can buy **** loods of cold to add up for it but most cant more will quit ... i want more to stay lawl ... coins will be there always ... the gold price we can thank to ourselfs cant we? i mean if u buy ur gold with coins and u pay 500k ea gold u do it urself ... no1 forcing u all prices all QQing ... ppl common boycot m dont pay for those prices and things will go down duhhhhh lawl hahahah i can laugh about it all in a way but its sad at same time that ppl blame gm while we do it ourselfs :) dont pay for those overprice goldsss wait a week ulls ee price go down only ye this a game filled with greed for COINS right we all so selfish we dont care if game dies so meh gl man XD
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    excuse me GM'S ffight in the TW in the landowners am i reading this right?????????????b:angry
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

i would not !!! they overpower u 1 hit kill the whole other team in 1 aoe move lawllllllllllll ... u know what i would like i would like to see more all lvl tw ... instead of only the 90+ having a teamed up coin greedy tw selfish and b:angryb:angry how dare u tryng to **** up tw more then it already is ffffffffffffzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Add in robber mobs. They come in group and have a lot of group in the map at the same time. They spawn from different robber lair rampage through cities and open area, then run to another lair to disappear. They have awesome AI and awesone stats and awesome skill and weird tactics. They kill anyone on sight and take money from he vanquished. When they are kiled they dropped all money they robbed, but if they managed to get to the lair the money are removed from the economy forever.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Little too random though. The idea is not to punish anyone walking around with coin, but to purge the massive coin reserves some of the exceedingly (in-game) wealthy have. Nothing wrong with being rich, necessarily, but it's been turning the in-game economy on its head in recent months.

And an update for October I find particularly fitting.
    This is all but inevitable, I figure. Good chance for the higher-ups to show they DO listen to us, right?
    -As has been suggested before: make Jolly Jones coin only for this round. No angles, no boutique alternatives, just straight-up coin sink.

This is one we can definitely expect, at least for a couple weeks of October if not the whole month. Would be a fantastic opportunity - think we can make ourselves heard loud enough?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    -As has been suggested before: make Jolly Jones coin only for this round. No angles, no boutique alternatives, just straight-up coin sink.

This is one we can definitely expect, at least for a couple weeks of October if not the whole month. Would be a fantastic opportunity - think we can make ourselves heard loud enough?

I think we can make ourselves heard. b:victory

In all honesty I did not think that people would think this a good idea, but in all honesty it is the ONLY event that I know of (taking out the dolls) that people would flood too. Maybe even add-in the possiblity of a larger/smaller "prize." The Oracles and the pots (b:dirty) are always popular and many use and save till after the event to make some extra coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2009

I think best would be: 1.5x-2x cool-down time and only 200k HP/bit more MP on spirit charm. The problem is that they would have to be much cheaper: who would buy worse charms if you could get better ones as cheap with Gold from AH?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Original poster do you wish to form a proper plan then for fixing this game? Here is why i suggest this I have a "suggested" way to fix pwi. i can't do it Myself so adding a coin sink feature will help as well. I don't mind if we both work on this to do this up to you. I will add a link to your page and mine I do hope this helps It may not I don't know I am trying to update my page as well so if you can update you page with ideas from the public (being us) lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Um, plan? Not myself no. This is just a thread to gather ideas. Jolly Jones sans GA's seems to be the clearest and best choice, but there might be other coinsink options not yet heard...
  • Elrond - Heavens Tear
    Elrond - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If the goal is to quickly remove coins from the system a GM cat shop is possibly the most expedient way. Since its a cat shop (a NPC selling items would work to) the items in it need to be able to stack and be desirable. Also the items need to be cheaper then you could get them anywhere else, or the coin would not be removed.

If the GM cat shop idea is to be used then we can sell 2 things, ether boutique items or non-boutique items.

Boutique items.. (remember must stack)..
    Dragon orbs
    Charm pack
    Phoenix feathers and Sources of Force
    Wing widgets
    Socket stones
    Telicostics (on second thought this one might be a bad idea)
    Die
    mystical tomes
    Reset notes

Non-Boutique items...
    high level shards
    Mats, Herbs and potions
    skills books
    Genni exp cubes
    Oracles
    ultimate subs
    mysterious chips
    Heck, even Lucky tokens
    Mirage Celestones

I would suggest waiting till after the anniversary event is over. If the shop contains boutique items i would suggest pricing them at 200-250k per gold prices.

I think my favorite idea would be to introduce a NPC that sells Lucky tokens for 15k each.
  • Elrond - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Bump - PS post your thoughts about this GM's plz.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Elrond for bumping this (I didnt see if when I first posted in this section) my possible coin sinks

1. Events like Jones Event or the Aniversary one use ingame coins only (this prevents gold skyrocketing and also pulls alot of coins out of the game during these events). This would work with the prices being around 60-80k for the jones event (no dolls option) and the PW boutique agent selling the aniversary packs at 300-400k (with no cash shop option for this either) the lack of a cash shop option for these will cause ingame coins to flood out of the system during these events lowering the cost of all items afterwards.

2. Demon/Sage skills after level 89, the pages which are available for this event could be purchasable through an npc at 200k per page which with 50 pages needed for a skill would cost 10 million coins thus pulling a large amount of coins out of the system easily. You would need another pricing system for the advanced mystical pages/bookclips

3. The other choice is adding certain types of consumables which are normally cash shop only to NPC's within the game such as Silver HP/MP charms this however might reduce the sale of gold for the company so would be a last resort as the other 2 dont actually effect gold sales and actually may encourage more sales due to cash shoppers wanting coins for the skills/events.
  • Elrond - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Coin sinks are probably the most important aspect of any game economy. Ideal you want your player base to have enough coins (from loots) to have extra coins to spend, but not to have a glut of coins. Coins continue to be produced via mob drops, selling to NPC's, quests, oracle's, big gold notes, extra. therefor, unless the game wants to have hyper inflation (which is just terrible) there needs to be coin sinks.

Current sinks:
    Skills - this probably constitutes the biggest sink in the game especially for lower level players.

Repair costs - if I farm coins/rebirth/do anything I generally get more loot then repair costs total - thus this is just a way of having mobs drop slightly less coins.

Teliport fee's - I have no idea how much this removes per day, hopefully several million, good sink.

Crazy stone - Also a superb coin sink.

Auction house Fee's - I don't know how to quantify this, probably several millions per day as well.

Mysterious chip merchant - hopefully the greater availability of chips will offset some of the coin glut... but i don't think significantly.

I think that's all of them. Now everything but skills constitutes a rather small draw of coins in comparison, and skills are much much less of a draw down on coins 90+. Therefore i think it would be safe to say that the biggest coin sink's need to be implemented for end game players.

Furthermore these coin sinks should be both on-going coin sinks AND incremental coin sinks (combining say demon/sage skills and others).

right now coin creation>>>>coin destruction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation <-Wikipedia hyperinflation
  • Elrond - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    o silly me, I forgot another giant coin SOURCE.
    TW income: 520,000,000 coins each week.
    This probably comes to about 450mill each week after towers are built
  • Bleeziez - Lost City
    Bleeziez - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Have an npc or "shrine" too which you could donate coins or items to reduce/remove the time spent under "murder penalty" for pk'rs.

This would work well for PvP servers and perhaps encourage some more to go white named in pve servers too.

Some find pvp fun, actually lots find it fun, and this would be a great Coin Sink, coins removed from the game with ZERO resale potential.

i think this is the best idea especially since they have the safety lock to keep items from dropping, people dont need dolls anyways