Untamed Spiritual Cultivation bug update!

surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
UPDATE AS OF 9/15/09: The game is patched, the bug is fixed.
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lycannus - Dreamweaver
    Lycannus - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Come on ppl, Fix the bug or roll back the update to before you caused this problem. Do you know how hard it is to lvl when you dont have any skills.
    I dont want to use charms or exp scrolls or the like because I cant be sure if you ever fix this bug that I wont have to wipe my char and start over.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We know it sucks, but the admins and GM's are waiting for a fix just as much as you are. It's not their fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    After speaking to eatwithspoons I have moved Surtr's last post in the old thread to make a new sticky where the admins will keep you all informed. As the old thread thread was closed please be respectfull here so this one won't be closed.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What is classified as Untamed cultivation? I know that generally golden colored quest are cultivation, but what classifies it as "Untamed" cultivation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    edited September 2009
    Spiritual Cultivation quests for Untamed characters (barbarians and venomancers).
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So if I were to attempt my 2nd map cultivation, Glacia's Tear, subquest Sori Scramble, it would not complete?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    edited September 2009
    While we have not extensively tested every quest, the likely result is that it would complete and you would not receive the next part of the quest.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Shallyy - Dreamweaver
    Shallyy - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Chinese people sucks for taking so long to get a fix =[
  • IClo - Sanctuary
    IClo - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They don't suck =D In a game this huge you expect errors and bugs. Heck the amount of times we've had emergency maintanence over on Final Fantasy XI. Updates breaking Job abilties ect. You can't expect everything correct not on a huge code scale ^^. So chill :D It will be fixed when it's fixed. Just start a new class and mess about on that til they do. Tis what i have done :D b:victory
  • Shallyy - Dreamweaver
    Shallyy - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They don't suck =D In a game this huge you expect errors and bugs. Heck the amount of times we've had emergency maintanence over on Final Fantasy XI. Updates breaking Job abilties ect. You can't expect everything correct not on a huge code scale ^^. So chill :D It will be fixed when it's fixed. Just start a new class and mess about on that til they do. Tis what i have done :D b:victory
    Actually, they do suck.
    In a game this big, which alot of people play, you expect alot of testers to go through checks before releasing a new event/patch
    This is a bug that should have been detected easily while testing.
  • Atalan - Sanctuary
    Atalan - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually, they do suck.
    In a game this big, which alot of people play, you expect alot of testers to go through checks before releasing a new event/patch

They dont test and check EVERY feature.
    If they did, each maint would last days, if not weeks. b:bye
  • Philisia - Sanctuary
    Philisia - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually, they do suck.

Even using 50-60 testers for a week you won't come anywhere near close to testing as many features as 10k players will in a single day. As much as i'm annoyed by this bug you can't retest every single thing in the game everytime you make a new patch that would take months.

The fact that a bug like this could appear is nothing out of the ordinary but on the other hand the time it's taking to fix is pretty extensive.
  • Mazzie - Dreamweaver
    Mazzie - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    While I agree that they might have not tested this feature and it may be hard to detect all bugs, this is not something like a broken skill, or a spawn that does not appear.

This effects the growth of an entire race. I know this game is big, and it would be hard to test everything, but reducing one race to not level??!1!1 Thats actually pretty serious business.

I am sure they will fix this soon. I mean...halting the progress of an entire race is probably one of the biggest bugs a game dev team could make.
    Mazzy the Veno pet collector!
    Feel the power of my Rhinodrake!b:chuckle
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Surtr wrote: »
    [*]This bug applies to ALL Untamed cultivation quests, not just the level 9 one.

I went Sage this past sunday... That cultivation chain worked just fine. I also know of at least 1 barb in my faction that did Demon cultivation right after me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm gonna end this thread with an update on the situation:

The developers in China are aware of this bug. They are aware of the cause, and are working on a fix, and assuming everything goes smoothly from here on out we can fix it on the live servers as early as Monday. This is *NOT* a promise that it will be fixed on Monday. As I've said earlier, it depends on a variety of factors. Once we've confirmed that the bug is fixed, we will let you know and give you a solid date on when the fix will be applied.

EDIT: Adding some more general information so people don't have to dig through the thread.
    • This bug applies to ALL Untamed cultivation quests, not just the level 9 one.
    • Once the bug is fixed, you will NOT have to restart your character. You should be able to simply return to the proper NPC and pick up where you left off, regardless of whether you've leveled up since then. So yes, even if you're now level 105, you can still get your level 9 quest.
    • Quests for Call to Duty tablets, the level 30 flying quest, the Wraith's Ploy questline, and Venomancer pet quests are not affected by this.
    Woot Monday xD
    And even if its not monday woot to solid date of when the bug is gona be fixed :D
  • CillerCat - Sanctuary
    CillerCat - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well since I have lost about a 4 days of training!(which i could be lvl 30 or higher) will there be exp scrolls sent out because we had to put up with this and couldnt lvl?
  • Satanah - Lost City
    Satanah - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah i hope to god they fix this on monday , I've used my Credit card on this charecter for a waist of time. I'll play a hunter till the fix comes up.

"no wonder i was getting pawned" b:shocked
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Well since I have lost about a 4 days of training!(which i could be lvl 30 or higher) will there be exp scrolls sent out because we had to put up with this and couldnt lvl?
    XD i dont think that this bug would have slowed down my training
    I just didnt feel like lvling because no new skills to look forward to but now if it gets fixed on monday i have a ton of new skills XD

I hope they do a battle pet pack sale or something soon D:
    I wana get a nix XD LOL

But i guess i sorta get how it will take longer to lvl cause your a barb XD
  • bettycheng2
    bettycheng2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, i'm lvl 40 now, and no skills but lvl 8 venomous scarab lol.
    leveling for me isn't hard but spamming that skill while my mag pet tank.
    I also lvl my sawfly and tortoise during time like this. Only thing annoying me is the speed upgrade, i can't run fast which grinding make slower.

I got my FB39 tab, but not FB19 nor FB29, are those FBs triggered by Cult quests?
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    YUP XD LOL
    And yea venos have it so much easier than barbs.
    We are surpose to lvl venomous scarab because it is a good skill and not a waste of spirit but barbs have 2 suckky skills at the beginning

But at the end.... Thats a WHHHHOOOOLLLLEEEEEEEEE Different story XD
  • surtr
    edited September 2009
    I have confirmed that this will be fixed in next week's patch.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• _Miku_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Zomg Zomg Zomg Ty Ty Ty Ty Xd
    Confirmed!!! :o Yay!!! xD

Is the patch on monday? XD
  • surtr
    edited September 2009
    I don't have confirmation on the exact day, but it will be sometime next week.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• MuzikiTakezo - Lost City
    MuzikiTakezo - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Q_Q why why ill be just waiting for the NExt patch... I am already 15 if i already had my skill i will be like 35+ Cuz i am so Adictted O_O_O_Ob:sad
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Q_Q why why ill be just waiting for the NExt patch... I am already 15 if i already had my skill i will be like 35+ Cuz i am so Adictted O_O_O_Ob:sad
    Lvling for a veno isnt as bad with 1 skill XD
    I think your over exagerating unless you ment you were bored with 1 skill and just didnt want to train but doesnt seem like thats the reason because you are addicted xD
    The 1st skill the veno gets is all she/he needs to lvl and a pet XD
    I just didnt bother to because i got bored LOL

YAY cant wait for next week patch :D
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Out of curiosity, did they say what, exactly, caused the glitch? It'd be kinda funny in an evil funny-only-after-the-fact-type way if the whole massive glitch was caused by the equivalent of a misplaced punctuation point buried somewhere in the code...
  • FatesAngel - Sanctuary
    FatesAngel - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well these barbs saying its costing them lvls and training are full of ****. although it is an annoying bug and does limit what we can learn its not like its stopping you from still going out and completing quests. and if a mob is to hard to defeat with just 2 basic skills which i find useful no matter what im fighting im sure most of you are part of factions any way so ask for help. Gms i like to thank you for all the help in sorting this out and i look forward to the bug being fixed
  • goddessoffates
    goddessoffates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have to agree with fatesAngel..I am lvl 29, with one skill, still have the first pet I tamed(a cute little sharptooth wolfkin) and my genie and I am lvling up like mad and have only been playing about a week. Yes it is going to be nice, but it is in no way stopping me from lvling.
  • seamorebutz11
    seamorebutz11 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    UPDATE AS OF 9/11/09: We have the fix, and it will be applied to the live servers next week.

General Information:
    • This bug applies to ALL Untamed cultivation quests, not just the level 9 one.
    • Once the bug is fixed, you will NOT have to restart your character. You should be able to simply return to the proper NPC and pick up where you left off, regardless of whether you've leveled up since then. So yes, even if you're now level 105, you can still get your level 9 quest.
    • Quests for Call to Duty tablets, the level 30 flying quest, the Wraith's Ploy questline, and Venomancer pet quests are not affected by this.

ok im level 20 all quests done upto little daise and no fb so if they are not affected how do we get that quest

fyi as a former gm for a deferent game and a current desghner for same game second run beta tester then and will be soon as new one is to that point i have to say im realy not inpresed with how this game is run sorry guys but this sucks
  • Sverrir - Sanctuary
    Sverrir - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ...fyi as a former gm for a deferent game and a current desghner for same game second run beta tester then and will be soon as new one is to that point i have to say im realy not inpresed with how this game is run sorry guys but this sucks

I'm forced to say that due to the illiteracy of much of this post, and the self-serving nature of the part that I can actually somewhat understand, I have to simply dismiss this post altogether. Thank you, please come again...NEXT...

To the point at hand, however, I am very pleased to hear that the devs were able to track down the problem and we can expect a patch soon. Thanks for the heads up Surtr, and for managing to keep your cool amidst the angry villagers. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.