What Is Fake Bidding

Options
XThermonX - Heavens Tear
XThermonX - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Hello All,

I just want to know what is classed as fake bidding. Is it one faction ie a large faction tell a small little faction to bid on someone for there own benefit "normally the small faction would get a pay off". I have heard many diffrent reason for fake bidding and i just want this explained correctly to be before i flame up the whole forums in anger.

Thanks,
Thermon
Post edited by XThermonX - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's using another faction to outbid a dangerous faction in TW that is trying to take one of your territories. That way, you can avoid the confrontation against a faction that could have actually won.
  • XThermonX - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well i dont want to make any improper comments for example.

Say a faction called 1 is accused of having alts from a large faction called 2. And that faction 2 has a large amount of battles that week ie 3 +. And faction 1 bids on faction 2 also aint they therefore weaking factions 2 ability to defend there land. Wouldnt this be consider a stupid descion rather then attack one of the faction attacking them.

Sorry just throwing it out there.
  • Blue_Tokyo - Heavens Tear
    Blue_Tokyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so then why would a faction get accused of fake bidding for biding a minimum on a land that no one decides to attack.....?
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so then why would a faction get accused of fake bidding for biding a minimum on a land that no one decides to attack.....?

Possibly because the term has withered through overuse, and become a catch-all derogatory.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    have u actual read the quoted rules that u break for fake bidding they actual apply that you are hacking the server. We are just trying to full understand the term fake bidding.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sry i dont understand what you mean
  • exent
    edited September 2009
    Options
    have u actual read the quoted rules that u break for fake bidding they actual apply that you are hacking the server. We are just trying to full understand the term fake bidding.

Not sure I understand either, but fake bidding has nothing to do with hacking.

Also, if faction 1 attacks faction 2 on a territory that wasn't even attacked by any other faction, it is not fake bidding. It's probably that the leaders of faction 1 (the ones that decided on attacking) are not the ones who have alts in faction 2...
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well first off for ppl reference these are the quoted rules
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players

We are just trying to understand what fake bidding is. To me it seem like is u dont have 180,000,000 refund your not meant to attack. Well how i c it, is any service on the game that is unrestriced anyone should be able to participate. There nothing saying that tw is endgame. Thats why i want to know why faking bidding exisit. I would love to see every lvl 1 territory being attacked every week.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok forms of fake bidding r.

The big faction lets call them B is bid on by there rival. Faction B then pays a little faction L to override the bid on Bs rival.

Another form of fake bidding which i sense u r talking about is.

When faction B is bidded on by there two biggest rivals 1 and 2 faction B leader sends money to lower lvl factions to bid on another land since u can only have 3 defenses at a time so factions 1 and 2 are split up. This is the most common form of fake bidding because it is hard to prove and if get banned because of it not much to do besides suck it up and come back when it is over.

Radiance knows how it is to have their leader banned for something they didnt do but its the old saying "better safe then sorry" of course the ban of our leader was the beginning of the decline of Rad but what can u do they wanna prevent cheating
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • exent
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Fake bidding is not forbidding small factions to participate in TW.

Let me explain it again...

Faction 1 has no territories.

Faction 2 has lots of territories.

Faction 3 also have lots of territories.

Faction 3 bids on Faction 2 territory X.

Faction 1 outbids faction 3 on territory X.

Time for battle, Faction 2 wins and keeps territory.

Now in this scenario, if players from faction 1 have alts in Faction 2, it is called Fake Bidding. They just made sure Faction 3 wouldn't have a chance of getting that terrotory.

Now is Faction 1 doesn not have any alts in Faction 2, why are they not attacking a territory that is NOT yet attacked? If they were to do so, they would not be accused of fake bidding, Also, more territories would be attacked that same week, like you want...
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well thank your for your comments Crazy. I completly understand where u are coming from. But if a faction is paid of by the bigger faction wouldnt this be detecable by the gm if they did a bit of research. This is something that can affect and destroy factions.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Faction B could just tell L to bid and use their own money that what makes fake bidding hard to prove and disprove
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    But then as u started if u cant prove or disapprove of it doesnt that mean that the gm are just guessing. Meaning that they are unjustly banning ppl?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They r making a judgement call which u agree to in the ToS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i can understand the importance of a judgment call in certain scenarios but after understanding the above posted scenarios that do seem to warrant suspicion of fake bidding, i still feel the scenario that myself and thermon are in (thermon being the more effected) has been unjustifiably evaluated and the only criteria the judgment call has been based on to my knowledge (no response yet from GM's) has been QQ'ing and rumors. the reason i stand behind this assumption is due to my experience in the faction, trust in the members, and the effort i alown (no out side influences) have put into growing the faction.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, it's 9am in California now, so hopefully your ticket will be seen soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    But then as u started if u cant prove or disapprove of it doesnt that mean that the gm are just guessing. Meaning that they are unjustly banning ppl?

Please do not (a) repost locked topics, and (b) discuss disciplinary action taken against any player.

We will be more than happy to speak with you about your situation through a ticket, but the forum is not the proper locale for this discussion. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.