BM in rebirth gamma <3

Kannone - Heavens Tear
Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
I saw this post, and just thought I'd post a sort of wish list (from a mage's perspective) for BMs wanting to do rebirth:

-HP charm (by lv 71 there's no excuse for not having one b:shutup)
-genie skills alpha male & tangling mire
-use axes & have axe skills maxed (the other weapons are nice and stuff, but not so practical for rebirth. If you want to level fast, use axes please.)
-desire to learn the instance, willing to pay attention & follow directions.

"but wait kannon, you didn't mention a HP or level requirement b:shocked."

yeah yeah, level 71 BM can complete gamma if you follow the above points*. Be prepared and be willing to learn (oh and bring a rebirth order: gamma lolz).

*and wear heavy armor. it's insta-getkickedinnuts if you try and rebirth with light armor lolz

okay discuss, argue, flame, & pass this on to BMs you see in-game. thanks :)
Post edited by Kannone - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    [
    *and wear heavy armor. it's insta-getkickedinnuts if you try and rebirth with light armor lolz

Agree, and b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I saw this post, and just thought I'd post a sort of wish (from a mage's perspective) for BMs wanting to do rebirth:

-HP charm (by lv 71 there's no excuse for not having one b:shutup)
    -genie skills alpha male & tangling mire
    -use axes & have axe skills maxed (the other weapons are nice and stuff, but not so practical for rebirth. If you want to level fast, use axes please.)
    -desire to learn the instance, willing to pay attention & follow directions.

"but wait kannon, you didn't mention a HP or level requirement b:shocked."

yeah yeah, level 71 BM can complete gamma if you follow the above points*. Be prepared and be willing to learn (oh and bring a rebirth order: gamma lolz).

okay discuss, argue, flame, & pass this on to BMs you see in-game. thanks :)

this post has basically no real information included :))

also check the GV guide i posted in dungeans part on site 1 or 2, it has bms part detailed
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Derako - Dreamweaver
    Derako - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So by your standards i cant do any Rebirth Gamma because i use Dual Blades?

I find that...disappointing.

-Derako
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    any weapon can do rb gamma i use fists and i completed several times this guideline is right in the fact that there is no set hp requirement but you will need tranquilizing orbs and lots of them to complete it at lvl 71 tbh bm job is the hardest cause we have to keep agro off of the other players so yes higher hp = better chance of survival but i completed with under 4k hp before so yeah...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So by your standards i cant do any Rebirth Gamma because i use Dual Blades?

I find that...disappointing.

-Derako

Not a standard by any means, just a wish list. The most important thing is to come prepared (HP charm, appropriate skills maxed to level, etc.). And since this is a wishlist from a wiz, I prefer axe skill Heaven's Flame to any of the other BM AOE skills.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol.... any BM can complete rb gamma. why? Cause we dont deal enough dmg to take aggro anyways. we can just stand there do nothing and complete.
    The thing is, if you want to be GOOD at it, and you want ppl to ask you because you are good. Well... then you gotta know what you're doing. Only weapon good then is axe, best to have a pole too to be able to push mobs.

I might make a guide when im lvl 86 ^_^

@ Derako: you can complete rb with your dual blades, but that will probably mean you are close to useless to the squad unless you rly know how to share the tanking with the barb. For that you need good communication --> impossible with chat only.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If the BM never takes aggro, they must not have a good weapon or somehow do low damage. Not too sure that is the goal to be going for.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    my point was that a BM can only very rarely take aggro from a wizard and archer by out-damaging them. We have to use other skills to take aggro.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    unoxx wrote: »
    my point was that a BM can only very rarely take aggro from a wizard and archer by out-damaging them. We have to use other skills to take aggro.

Those two aren't the ones preventing aggro taking on my BM, having a good barbarian with aggro management is what does. Even still, some refuse to give up attacking me. On runs without good barbarians, I get the majority of the aggro. Spamming 4 AoE skills on recharge with refined zerk axes will beat out archers and wizards anyday.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• errorize
    errorize Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This goes for any DD, A good DD is one who knows how to limit his damage to keep aggro on tank while still inflicting enough.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    errorize wrote: »
    This goes for any DD, A good DD is one who knows how to limit his damage to keep aggro on tank while still inflicting enough.

For a simplistic view of it, and especially when dealing with squishies, yes that is correct.

However, there are obvious caveats to that, and the area also determines it.

The best explanation of DD is dealing as much damage as possible, without taking aggro that can cause party wipes due to inability to tank. A heavy armor BM can often take aggro, and survive, thereby allowing them to assume tanking role. To do so they need to deal enough damage to prevent it falling on other DDs who might out-damage them and lead to them dealing with the party-wiping aggro.

This mostly focuses on instance bosses though, where having designated tanks drop aggro can cause hours to be lost. In places like Rebirth, I already know my BM can successfully tank the bosses, so dealing as much damage as possible is worth it.

For the waves, with the good barbarian I never have to worry, and I usually rebirth with this group. The few times I go with different groups, the barbs are not as good even with better gear, and the aggro is one I have to take to prevent it falling on cleric or wizard. And wizard wipes will often put cleric as next target. And while I don't like my charm being killed tanking them all, I am able to without dieing. Usually, I will switch from heaven's to myriad to compensate for the tank's deficiency to keep the party protected, and get rid of my charm ticking.

So while the DD not taking aggro is a good rule in TT or other such instances, many places like FBs and rebirth it is not a rule that requires adherance. This of course differs based off player skill, gear, and build. Only way to find out what someone can do, is to actually pay attention to what is going on and noticing where an opportunity to unleash more damage is possible.