pyramid squads

Options
Loocam - Sanctuary
Loocam - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
not sure how it would work, but it would be nice if you could pyramid squads. so when your going after a world boss, you could join say 6 squads together an share in the booty.prolb one squad of 6 can be leaders of an additional 6 man/woman squad.
Post edited by Loocam - Sanctuary on

Comments

• KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    KotaroX - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't understand at all...
    95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&! jump!
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    He's talking about Raid Grouping.... Where There is a leader for all the Squads.
    Example
    Squad A - Squad leader, Raid Leader
    Squad B
    Squad C
    Squad D
    Up to 13 or so Squads aka Squad M or N
    Experience is Split by the Squads and Squad then splits XP to it's members (or they code it so all get a certain amt of xp depends on how they want to program that) But the idea is when the entire group kills something the items will randomly go to anyone in any squad, and the coin will be shared by all.

Me I'd rather them increase the squad size to 7 that way when Rising Tide comes out we can still have a "Rainbow Squad" 1 of Each Class
  • KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    KotaroX - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    7? I think you mean 8. 2 new classes remember?
    95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&! jump!
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I don't see the reason for a hierarchial structure on temporary group. Why not simply extend the size of the squad?
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think he had world bosses in mind when he made this, not instances. I'm not sure how those big guys work, but it seems (from all the screenies of party wipes at the hands of one) that multiple parties are needed for each one of them. So grouping squads like this would help in those situations.

It would make instanced areas too easy though, what with a few dozen people going in at once. So if something like this is done, the Dev's will have to be careful about how they go about doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think what he means is to form squads in a military fashion. Imagine in a squad of 6 members, each member can form a sub-squad with 5 other players. Each of these players can form another subsquad with 5 other players, etc... (of course there should be a maximum). The top squad gives orders and help direct sub squads to achieve maximum efficiency.

This would actually be most effective in TW, but most factions already use Vent or similar programs...
  • Loocam - Sanctuary
    Loocam - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is just what I was thinking, and for World Bosses.I thought of this while watching what looked like 3 or 4 squads killing Cenminator. Dont think it's needed for fb's, 6 is plenty.although i havent seen a territory battle it would prolb be good for that also. Or even Just a faction gathering party for mats in TT or somthing.