Genie questions

Edwani - Lost City
Edwani - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello. I'm new to the game, (obviously) and I have some questions about Genies

1: The Genie I got was "Discipline" is this the default Genie that everyone gets, or do you get them randomly?

2: How do they gain levels and abilities? the only Skill Discipline had increased my flying speed, but Being a Veno I don't fly, so thats kinda useless for me

3: What is/are the best affinities, and skills for them to learn?
Post edited by Edwani - Lost City on

Comments

• ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You should read the guide. It never got stickied, but it is useful and answer most of your question. Veno can fly, but not till level 20. People don't just choose affinity, they choose the skill then build affinity to match it, and you will definitely use at least 2 affinity and can easily get 4 if you want a good genie. Skill to learn depend on what you want it to do.
  • Akonyte - Sanctuary
    Akonyte - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have a question myself. The genie has been awfully useful to me since my Veno is one of the cultivation-glitched but I've run out of stamina for my Genie.

*How do I get Chi stones? (please tell me they are not a pay for it item)
  • flyordie
    flyordie Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    U can get CHI stones from decompossing weapons, armor or ornaments u cann allso get them from cat/cow shops
  • Mazzie - Dreamweaver
    Mazzie - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To gain Chi Stones you can gain your level one crafting skills.

Go to a tailor, apothacary, craftsman or weaponsmith and decompose items you find. Blue items will yield more chi stones, but all decomposed items will give you some.

Then drag and drop the chi stone in your inventory onto your genie thats equipped. Not it's portrait, but the actual icon of the genie located near your rings and jewelery.

Lastly...I got dicipline as well. Im new, and it was fine for a winged elf, but Im a human wizard now. Testing which I would like more between it and a Veno. It seems almost useless for me.

My Veno got Zeal, which I find very useful for her. Genies are random, but my genie might be the deciding factor of whether or not I play my wizard.
    Mazzy the Veno pet collector!
    Feel the power of my Rhinodrake!b:chuckle
  • Atalan - Sanctuary
    Atalan - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My Veno got Zeal, which I find very useful for her. Genies are random, but my genie might be the deciding factor of whether or not I play my wizard.

I like Zeal on my Wizard. It's default skill CAN lure. I've tested it myself b:victory
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous