End Game Builts

Options
ReverseFlow - Heavens Tear
ReverseFlow - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Wizard
Ok so i am a wiz am hoping u guyz can help me out here.

Im looking fr a pure pvp built .

Plz tell me the best PvP build u can think of plz.

I would also like to know which is better sage / demon for a wiz [ i mean best at lv 100+] coz i don't really plan on quitting early
Post edited by ReverseFlow - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Arcane, endgame.

At 100+ sage is best because of sexy ultis.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Sherekahn - Lost City
    Sherekahn - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    what he means by arcane is pure int..

all of your stat points should go into magic, even restat to reduce vitality down from 5 to 3 (you'd want to do the same with your dex but it's literally impossible) and have just enough base strength to wear your armor+weapon.

as for spells to learn... obviously by the time you reach endgame you should have figured out your preference and be able to max out most of your important skills, but most people seem to agree you should avoid leveling crown of flame and hailstorm. in my own opinion (i have a lvl 77 wizard atm) i'd also say it's best to avoid leveling emberstorm, will of the phoenix, pitfall, morning dew, & frostblade until much closer to endgame perhaps (those spells are all still level 1 for me and i do just fine, hailstorm i didn't learn at all). wellspring quaff you'll need to have lv5 by the time your character hits 59 since that it a prerequisite to learning essential sutra.. then for endgame u'll need to get lv10 wellspring to fully benefit from manifest virtue [a lv100 self-buff]

as for the most important thing i can imagine, it's making your descision between the path of demon or sage. there is a lot of rivalry on this within the forums.. my opinion is demon is better... but i can more than see how sage could be better.

an example of how a demon could own: sandstorm does more damage (actually i need confirmation on this... i'm bad at math but sage earth mastery might make them equal), earth shield offers significantly more physical defense, teleport gains more distance, stone rain gains a chance to stun, & various spells channelling times are reduced. +1% overall passive crit bonus from each mastery

example of how sage could own: divine pyrogram & glacial snare reduce the targets m.defense of their respective elements [so you could potentially do massive damage with a well organized combo], gush slows enemies down a bit more, force of will gains an area of effect, and various spells lend more to your chi gauge [for ultimates]. +5% more elemental damage from each mastery

what the person above me was saying about sage getting better ults... i don't particularly agree because 2 of the ults simply gain a potential chi bonus effect. and if you are endgame (89+) you'll have 3.99 sparks already, and lvl 104 (maybe 105 idk) you'll have 4.99. you can just charge up while you're in a safe place & that's more than enough to kill any normal monster or player your level before it gets near you. the only ult that really becomes jacked is black ice dragon strike... and i admit it does get tremendously jacked. but still it is based on %... and i'd hate to be relying on a 50% chance at that level.

which is why i say demon is better. sandstorm & stone rain ftw, +3% base crit all the time. good enough for me. but that's just me.. i'm simple-minded and rarely use my ults

also, for the record someone posted an end-game wizard's guide from the chinese version or something... you might wanna check it out - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=236122&highlight=wizard+guide

thx for listening to my rant :)
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    what he means by arcane is pure int..

all of your stat points should go into magic, even restat to reduce vitality down from 5 to 3 (you'd want to do the same with your dex but it's literally impossible) and have just enough base strength to wear your armor+weapon.

as for spells to learn... obviously by the time you reach endgame you should have figured out your preference and be able to max out most of your important skills, but most people seem to agree you should avoid leveling crown of flame and hailstorm. in my own opinion (i have a lvl 77 wizard atm) i'd also say it's best to avoid leveling emberstorm, will of the phoenix, pitfall, morning dew, & frostblade until much closer to endgame perhaps (those spells are all still level 1 for me and i do just fine, hailstorm i didn't learn at all). wellspring quaff you'll need to have lv5 by the time your character hits 59 since that it a prerequisite to learning essential sutra.. then for endgame u'll need to get lv10 wellspring to fully benefit from manifest virtue [a lv100 self-buff]

as for the most important thing i can imagine, it's making your descision between the path of demon or sage. there is a lot of rivalry on this within the forums.. my opinion is demon is better... but i can more than see how sage could be better.

an example of how a demon could own: sandstorm does more damage (actually i need confirmation on this... i'm bad at math but sage earth mastery might make them equal), earth shield offers significantly more physical defense, teleport gains more distance, stone rain gains a chance to stun, & various spells channelling times are reduced. +1% overall passive crit bonus from each mastery
    example of how sage could own: divine pyrogram & glacial snare reduce the targets m.defense of their respective elements [so you could potentially do massive damage with a well organized combo], gush slows enemies down a bit more, force of will gains an area of effect, and various spells lend more to your chi gauge [for ultimates]. +5% more elemental damage from each mastery

what the person above me was saying about sage getting better ults... i don't particularly agree because 2 of the ults simply gain a potential chi bonus effect. and if you are endgame (89+) you'll have 3.99 sparks already, and lvl 104 (maybe 105 idk) you'll have 4.99. you can just charge up while you're in a safe place & that's more than enough to kill any normal monster or player your level before it gets near you. the only ult that really becomes jacked is black ice dragon strike... and i admit it does get tremendously jacked. but still it is based on %... and i'd hate to be relying on a 50% chance at that level.

which is why i say demon is better. sandstorm & stone rain ftw, +3% base crit all the time. good enough for me. but that's just me.. i'm simple-minded and rarely use my ults

also, for the record someone posted an end-game wizard's guide from the chinese version or something... you might wanna check it out - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=236122&highlight=wizard+guide

thx for listening to my rant :)

How "significant" is 20% more pdeff, it's only deminishing returns, didn't u say u wouldn't rely on a 50% chance, so y would u want a 20% stun? the -chan in the skills r only small fractions of a sec, and the +1% crit in the masteries only go to the respective element.(exp:w/ all 3 masteries, when using a fire skill, it's only a 1% increase, not 3%.

what?! 4.99 sparks?! wat r u on? 3.99 is max

how is it jacked? its the only ult w/ an added effect thats worth it of all demon/sage. Moutian seize=increased range/50% to cost only 1 spark. Blade Tempest=50% chance to interupt casting/50% chance to cost only 1 spark. BIDS=20% chance to cost 1 spark/50% chance to increase crit rate by 30%
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Arcane, endgame.

At 100+ sage is best because of sexy ultis and sexy masteryes wiht sexy chi.

changed =P b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    it's best to avoid leveling emberstorm, will of the phoenix, pitfall, morning dew, & frostblade

What.

Because there's nothing more important at low levels than being concerned about 89 skills.

EDIT: And the masteries are nice but a extra 5% is nowhere near as good as ultis will be.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    WILL OF PHOENIX IF AWESOME....end of story

i oly cry for teh 10m instead of 30m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nakhimov - Lost City View Post
    Arcane, endgame.

At 100+ sage is best because of sexy ultis and sexy masteryes wiht sexy chi.
    changed =P changed =P b:chuckle

You really think chi is sexy? Time for you to get a girlfriend ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You really think chi is sexy? Time for you to get a girlfriend ;)

Just recently single again b:surrender

Therefore chi will have to do for the time being.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherekahn - Lost City
    Sherekahn - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bigxbear wrote: »
    How "significant" is 20% more pdeff, it's only deminishing returns, didn't u say u wouldn't rely on a 50% chance, so y would u want a 20% stun? the -chan in the skills r only small fractions of a sec, and the +1% crit in the masteries only go to the respective element.(exp:w/ all 3 masteries, when using a fire skill, it's only a 1% increase, not 3%.

what?! 4.99 sparks?! wat r u on? 3.99 is max

how is it jacked? its the only ult w/ an added effect thats worth it of all demon/sage. Moutian seize=increased range/50% to cost only 1 spark. Blade Tempest=50% chance to interupt casting/50% chance to cost only 1 spark. BIDS=20% chance to cost 1 spark/50% chance to increase crit rate by 30%

it's 30% more pdef. (+20 for sage, +50 for demon). not a big deal. either way the more pdef the better. & maybe it's just me but i would prefer a 5-second stun to a critical. 5-second stun could me a free essential sutra combo. the critical boost only gets applied half of the time u use BIDS, and still, then, it's only a boost towards another % that gets factored in. sure you could potentially land 2 or 3 criticals within the 10 seconds of crit boost (or many more if u had enough chi to use essential sutra after the ulti) but it's all a bunch of %s there still. you could waste effort building chi to use BIDS then fail at the 50%, repeatedly. i'd rather be able to cast stone rain for no chi (and maybe even during an essential sutra combo) then have the 5 seconds to run around, teleport, cast another free sandstorm or whatever at my leisure. p.s. u always have a chance to critical. u don't always have a chance to stun. nd ok about the masteries thing. i didn't know that, at the same time i don't quite believe you

i thought i had seen a screenshot where a player had 4 sparks...

that's what i mean by it's jacked. it's the only one worth getting really.
    but anyways demon earth ult one is constant at least, so u might have enough more time to 1shot that bm or archer before he stuns you
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What.

Because there's nothing more important at low levels than being concerned about 89 skills.

EDIT: And the masteries are nice but a extra 5% is nowhere near as good as ultis will be.

i never said i don't use will of phoenix. i use it at level 1. the problem is when you level it, it's cast range never increases, only the knockback range & aoe.not to mention it's knockback never comes into play for pvp, so in that case it's kind of a gimped spell. the problem i have with it is for some mobs it's hard to tell if you're within casting range, so you could end up running a little toward the enemy to cast it when you could have just cast pyrogram and ran (especially if u go demon, in which case pyro's channel/cast time is equal to/better than will of phoenix). the spell is good for damage but i can't get past that range issue

and this topic was called endgame buffs.. i assumed talking about 89 skill would be mandatory
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the problem is when you level it, it's cast range never increases, only the knockback range & aoe.

You forgot the most important part...damage b:sweat. WoP is amazing for pvp because of it's quick cast time and if they do get close it's almost a default.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community