Cleric has no magic

Options
Josepf - Harshlands
Josepf - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
I don't see a suitable thread to post this.

Something strange is going on w/ my cleric. When I eqpt a wep all her magic is made unavailable/shadowed icons.
I would very much like to say "wtf?", but im not a wtf'er. b:shutup
Post edited by Josepf - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tharivol - Lost City
    Tharivol - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you need to equip a magic weapon to cast spells
  • Mr_Medic - Sanctuary
    Mr_Medic - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Casters must use "magic" weapons or bare hands to be able to cast spells. I.E. you cant cast while holding axes or fists or so on and so forth yadda yadda yadda. Magic weapons or bare hands only.
  • Josepf - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ... I thought that was the problem.

So the wep needs a +x to magic.
    Now all I got to do is find me one. I've been questing trying to get one. Quests are kicking my tail w/o a wep/magic.
    I have no clue of this gold/silver/coin thingy @ the auction.

If I'm not mistaken, gold is something one buys w/ real cash to acquire aaaallllll those other things one can't get w/o it, like superfluous wings, rides an "upper hand" in game?

(not complaining, just struggling)

(edit) Note: it doesn't have to be an axe or a hammer, anything in her hand that's not +M will do it.
    one more edit; this is the time, when the servers o down to get REALLY fast responses.
  • Tharivol - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i havent played for months so downloading the client is takeing a while i have a char on harshlands but that one is a archer and i never play it any more i could give you the coin i have or make you a weapon once i complete downloading the client
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No, it doesn't need a + to magic.

It DOES need to be something that the blacksmith puts under the 'Magic Weapons' tab.
    Wand, or magic sword or pataka basically.
  • Josepf - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i havent played for months so downloading the client is takeing a while i have a char on harshlands but that one is a archer and i never play it any more i could give you the coin i have or make you a weapon once i complete downloading the client

Cool beans m8! I really need to get her back on track, shes my lead char, tho only 16/17th lvl. Dunno how we'd make the trade tho. Trust? Think she's got 13k on her.
  • Josepf - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Cool beans m8! I really need to get her back on track, shes my lead char, tho only 16/17th lvl. Dunno how we'd make the trade tho. Trust? Think she's got 13k on her.

yeah, but

weps from them stink, no matter the lvl/cost ...hmmm don't need + to magic huh?
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

It DOES need to be something that the blacksmith puts under the 'Magic Weapons' tab.
    it has to be comething that says:
    "Magic Damage: X-Y" because every spell uses it. "does 160% of weapons base damage + 64" (just an example)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Or glaive, don't forget glaive.
  • Tharivol - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    heck like i said i dont really play her any more i well just give you the cash but like i said i have alot to still download well if i dont get on tonight be on tommorow morning and make sure i get your char name
  • Josepf - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Or glaive, don't forget glaive.

I am also on Dreamweaver, ... KimchiKid
  • Josepf - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    heck like i said i dont really play her any more i well just give you the cash but like i said i have alot to still download well if i dont get on tonight be on tommorow morning and make sure i get your char name

Oh, I'll be on tonight, working her till I drop! Names, Dynasta
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ... I thought that was the problem.

So the wep needs a +x to magic.
    Now all I got to do is find me one. I've been questing trying to get one. Quests are kicking my tail w/o a wep/magic.
    I have no clue of this gold/silver/coin thingy @ the auction.

If I'm not mistaken, gold is something one buys w/ real cash to acquire aaaallllll those other things one can't get w/o it, like superfluous wings, rides an "upper hand" in game?

(not complaining, just struggling)

(edit) Note: it doesn't have to be an axe or a hammer, anything in her hand that's not +M will do it.
    one more edit; this is the time, when the servers o down to get REALLY fast responses.

You get magic sword at lvl 5 through the supply box as well in your first quest.Make that second quest.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5321

You already got a magic weapon just equip it unless you sold it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Tharivol - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok most likely i'll be on tommorow morning in about 8 hours from the time i post this as i still have another patch to download but my chars name is Moonbrook and if your still on at 10 am my time (8 hours from now) i'll find you sorry it cant be sooner but i have worked a 13 hour day and must get some sleep cant remeber how much cash i have on her but i still have some good items you well be able to sell
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Someone roll an axe cleric! b:chuckle
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about glaives :)

Good catch on the magic attack. And yes, you should be able to use most of your magic skills unarmed, and a broken weapon counts as unarmed (at least, that seems to be the fix that got applied to the stuck-as-a-fox bug)

Which brings up the hideous prospect of a axe-cleric that can cast spells...