Milk the Cow....

Options
Suffocate - Dreamweaver
Suffocate - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/return-of-the-charm-pack-6311

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/frostcovered-city-challenge-6321

You know, i checked the updates today, a week after quitting,with the hope that the Gms would have some kind of rememdy to the anniversary packs. But no, what else can you expect from PWE? "BUY MOAR ZEN WE THROW IN A BONUS, CHARM PACKS TOO!!111"

Whatever, keep milking it. The servers are looking awfully empty these days (server status displays "low" most times of the day now, instead of the old "high" for most of the day") Have fun becoming the next PW MY-EN. b:bye
Post edited by Suffocate - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i havent seen any change on HT there is same amount of ppl as 1month ago ^^
  • dane12
    dane12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/return-of-the-charm-pack-6311

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/frostcovered-city-challenge-6321

You know, i checked the updates today, a week after quitting,with the hope that the Gms would have some kind of rememdy to the anniversary packs. But no, what else can you expect from PWE? "BUY MOAR ZEN WE THROW IN A BONUS, CHARM PACKS TOO!!111"

Whatever, keep milking it. The servers are looking awfully empty these days (server status displays "low" most times of the day now, instead of the old "high" for most of the day") Have fun becoming the next PW MY-EN. b:bye
    if you quit why not say it with ur main then lol you didn't quit becaz if u did u would say it with ur main instead of a alt lol
    inb4closeb:chuckle
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The servers are looking awfully empty these days (server status displays "low" most times of the day now, instead of the old "high" for most of the day")

Mooooh!

As far as servers' population, it went down because kids went back to school.
    Have fun becoming the next PW MY-EN. b:bye

Wondering when they'll start talking about mergin servers here too b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I dunno... I usually like sales. If you are patient, you can just buy things when they are on sale (like I'm buying flawless gems with in game coin for about 1/4 of what they usually sell for, apoc pages for like 1/10 of what they used to sell for, etc) and I was worried about high charm prices... they just put a sale for those. I'm sure a new dragon orb sale will be coming soon... being that I rarely put money in the game, these sales actually make things more affordable. The only problem is that when gold prices go up, anything that's not on sale goes way up in price. But overall, I really don't mind these events/sales.. just a game b:chuckle
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yea... dane12 did you check while the servers were down for maintenance or something? b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dane12
    dane12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yea... dane12 did you check while the servers were down for maintenance or something? b:shocked
    can you tell me what I should check
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Whatever, keep milking it. The servers are looking awfully empty these days (server status displays "low" most times of the day now, instead of the old "high" for most of the day")
    Rubbish. Other than the back-to-school kiddies leaving, the servers are just as full as they were before the sale. My cat-shop sales are just a brisk and there's just as many people doing quests as before.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're just another, "The End Is Near!" false prophet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I prefer to call them Rorshach wannabes. b:victory
  • Deadlock - Heavens Tear
    Deadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the demise is coming... this winter ..
    and they will not merge the sever's it be a waste of time as well as money spent.
    if anything they should have T.w. war's vs other sever's for the right to brag what sever's the best.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i havent seen any change on HT there is same amount of ppl as 1month ago ^^
    Are you kidding? Before this lame anniversary sale (dont call it event, because there were no events...sales are sales, nothing more), you could mount up a BH squad in less than 5 mins near BH npc with a dozen ppl later PM'ing asking to join your already full squad. That was right after reset. Any other time of day, of course, took a few mins more.
    This week, ppl took up to hours to get the squad up. If you dont spam WC (as in, overspam the disrespectful system msgs) or lucky enough to grab certain classes before other ppl do, you wont get your bh done.

Have no doubt in mind, ALOT of players have already quit. Now there are more sales to make the gold skyrocket. Sorry to say it, but its a big middle finger to the entire PWI comunity.
    I like this game and its atmosphere, but im getting really tired of this abuse and disrespect our GMs and Devs have been giving us. I suggest you stop before destroying the game.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Are you kidding? Before this lame anniversary sale (dont call it event, because there were no events...sales are sales, nothing more), you could mount up a BH squad in less than 5 mins near BH npc with a dozen ppl later PM'ing asking to join your already full squad. That was right after reset. Any other time of day, of course, took a few mins more.
    This week, ppl took up to hours to get the squad up.
    So true...b:surrender
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This week, ppl took up to hours to get the squad up. If you dont spam WC (as in, overspam the disrespectful system msgs) or lucky enough to grab certain classes before other ppl do, you wont get your bh done.

Have no doubt in mind, ALOT of players have already quit. Now there are more sales to make the gold skyrocket. Sorry to say it, but its a big middle finger to the entire PWI comunity.
    I like this game and its atmosphere, but im getting really tired of this abuse and disrespect our GMs and Devs have been giving us. I suggest you stop before destroying the game.

many ppl also has stoped doing BH's including me :P ive done bh 1 time in last 2 weeks ^^

E: also you have to understand that kiddos are in school nao so its very normal that not much ppl ^^
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The demise is coming...this winter ..
    And they will not merge the Server's it be a waste of time as well as money spent.
    If anything they should have T.W. war's vs other server's for the right to brag what server is the best.

I would probably bet on Lost City, assuming there are enough people in a PvP server by then. If not, then Heaven's Tear.
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    cross server tw will probably never happen, but maybe a scheduled arena event, squad based pvp or one verse one. that is what i would love to see
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If u look at the charm sale, I believe that they are attemtping to lower the ingame coin charm cost. Charm packs used to be 4 gold charms and an egg for 16 gold right? Now it is 5 charms for 1 gold less. Correct me if im wrong...

Unfortunately that is still high, but when anniversary packs go away it might be alot better.

I think that frost event is just a way of trying to get more ppl to go try out the new revamped frostlands. If u haven't tried it.... have a go, its really fun. ( well i enjoyed it :P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think that frost event is just a way of trying to get more ppl to go try out the new revamped frostlands. If u haven't tried it.... have a go, its really fun. ( well i enjoyed it :P)
    Not really, it's more like they're trying to get people to charge more zen, basically it's like a 15% bonus zen sale in disguise :3

If they really honestly wanted more people to try it, they'd be giving out other prizes to complete the challenge, not a zen discount coupon.
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If u look at the charm sale, I believe that they are attemtping to lower the ingame coin charm cost. Charm packs used to be 4 gold charms and an egg for 16 gold right? Now it is 5 charms for 1 gold less.
    I have to agree with this, the cost of a gold charm had nearly trippled on sanctuary to over a mil. I consider this sale to be very timely and exactly what we need to get some more of these much needed items back into the market. And with the duration of the sale, It means there shouldn't be a flash flood rush to get charms, as they said "you'll have time to think about it" in other words watch the gold market for the non zen chargers and save up some.

As far as the 15% zen, yes this is to get people to charge zen but another thing, by giving it in coupon form it means you can get discount zen when ever it suits you, not just during a limited time frame that you never know when it will crop up. I like the way they have turned this into a challenge reward scheme and am looking forward to the challenges for the other level ranges.

I am happy with both the charm sale and the frostcovered challenge "event"

b:kiss b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I still go to the BH dude and get spammed with PMs idk what u r doing wrong.

Also this charm sale couldnt have happened at a better time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    As far as the 15% zen, yes this is to get people to charge zen but another thing, by giving it in coupon form it means you can get discount zen when ever it suits you, not just during a limited time frame that you never know when it will crop up. I like the way they have turned this into a challenge reward scheme and am looking forward to the challenges for the other level ranges.
    Actually I'm pretty sure the coupons have expiry dates.
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Actually I'm pretty sure the coupons have expiry dates.

In any case it still gives you more time leverage than you would have with a zen sale that's basically what i'm getting at here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    In any case it still gives you more time leverage than you would have with a zen sale that's basically what i'm getting at here
    Which means more time to charge even more zen XD, nah dw i get your point...

However, it still doesn't change the fact that they're targeting cash shoppers/pushing players to charge zen, it's not exactly a bad thing... but they really should be doing something more for the free-playing community, especially with all the complaints going on with the cash shop recently.
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Which means more time to
    However, it still doesn't change the fact that they're targeting cash shoppers/pushing players to charge zen, it's not exactly a bad thing... but they really should be doing something more for the free-playing community, especially with all the complaints going on with the cash shop recently.

I certainly agree here, it would be nice to see more acutal events, right now the most they can seem to do is get more gold and popular items on the trading/cat shop market to reduce in game prices b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If u look at the charm sale, I believe that they are attemtping to lower the ingame coin charm cost. Charm packs used to be 4 gold charms and an egg for 16 gold right? Now it is 5 charms for 1 gold less. Correct me if im wrong...

You're wrong. Always been the 5 charms and egg for 15 gold.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    all sales and no event makes pw a dull game.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

You know, if you've quit, there's no need to make threads flaming PWI and proclaiming its death, yeah? Threads like this are completely unnecessary, even more so when the person posting them doesn't even play anymore.

Thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.