TT: Level vs. BB

jaeseu
jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
Not sure if I put this in the right forum but since it's directing at specifically Clerics, I placed it here.

Anyway, this is a matter that sparked my interest a little bit on what people think based on what happened today in a TT 1-3 with me.

But yeah, there is one Barbarian, two DDs (BM 85, Archer 84), myself as a Veno (subbed), and two Clerics (Cleric 1 77, Cleric 2 79).

We did the usual mat passing: Subber, Tank, Clerics, and then DDs by level.

However, it was questioned as to which cleric got to go first...
Cleric 1 (Level 77) BB'd through all the bosses that required it while Cleric 2 (Level 79) did regular heal/DD.

Now here's the question: does the one that BB get to choose first or does the one that is higher level regardless of who BBs gets first pick?

Discuss!

My opinion would be that higher level gets first pick as they burn just the same amount of mana pretty much from healing/DDing, so meh. I dunno.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    BB costs less in MP, this is only IF the cleric who ironhearted SPAMs it continuously like he would WITHOUT BB. If ironheart is only casted once every while, then BB spends more MP. If u add plumeshot and other DD spells..........
    calculate; BB=500MP/per5 sec

did the person who ironheart spend more MP than this in a average 5sec span?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In my opinion, the BB cleric should always go first regardless of level.

But in general, you should always decide the order before starting the instance. Not everyone agrees on the best way to determine the order, so getting everyone to agree up-front will avoid arguments later.

If the higher level cleric wants to go first, I would have no problem with that. But I would probably ask her to BB as well. Again, this sort of thing should be decided at the beginning.
    If you wait till the end and the higher level cleric didn't BB but still wants first pick, then the cleric that did BB may feel cheated, etc.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To me BB should be more of panick button when the hps of the squad are going down and be used on bosses only.I would say use it sparingly.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited September 2009
    In my opinion, the BB cleric should always go first regardless of level.

But in general, you should always decide the order before starting the instance. Not everyone agrees on the best way to determine the order, so getting everyone to agree up-front will avoid arguments later.

If the higher level cleric wants to go first, I would have no problem with that. But I would probably ask her to BB as well. Again, this sort of thing should be decided at the beginning.
    If you wait till the end and the higher level cleric didn't BB but still wants first pick, then the cleric that did BB may feel cheated, etc.
    technically you spend more MP if u iron and DD. Wish i was in your pt lol id gladly spend less and get more in return b:pleased
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    technically you spend more MP if u iron and DD. Wish i was in your pt lol id gladly spend less and get more in return b:pleased

I think the point is, if you BB you burn MP regardless of what you do.
    When you iron and DD you can regulate your mp usage.
    When you BB you are forced to burn through most of your charm. Depending on the run, you can burn through 2/3 of a gold charm BBing all bosses.
    When you IH and BB, you don't even need a charm and can just adjust your usage to however much MP you have.

And like the previous poster says, this is only true if you spam IH continuously until the boss is dead. Most people don't do that since it's not necessary and wasteful. But if that's what you do, then I guess you use more MP than BB.
    edited September 2009
    I think the point is, if you BB you burn MP regardless of what you do.
    When you iron and DD you can regulate your mp usage.
    When you BB you are forced to burn through most of your charm. Depending on the run, you can burn through 2/3 of a gold charm BBing all bosses.
    When you IH and BB, you don't even need a charm and can just adjust your usage to however much MP you have.

And like the previous poster says, this is only true if you spam IH continuously until the boss is dead. Most people don't do that since it's not necessary and wasteful. But if that's what you do, then I guess you use more MP than BB.
    your point would be the cleric with the charm would get prio and not the one without. If a charmed cleric was regulating their MP their worthless.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Don't forget you can cancel BB.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    your point would be the cleric with the charm would get prio and not the one without. If a charmed cleric was regulating their MP their worthless.

I think the reason people BB is because some bosses require it.
    And the cleric who choses to BB must have a charm and therefore must use it. It's essentially like spamming heals on the entire party whether they need it or not for like 30 minutes straight for each boss. It's extremely inefficient.
    So if the other cleric is spamming so much IH for 30 minutes that they use more MP than BB, that seems ridiculously inefficient. I have never seen a cleric do this, especially when the other cleric is BBing.
    Usually the non-BBing cleric will DD most of the time which makes her no more worthless than an uncharmed wizzy. And no one expects wizzys to bring charms to a TT.
    edited September 2009
    I think the reason people BB is because some bosses require it.
    And the cleric who choses to BB must have a charm and therefore must use it. It's essentially like spamming heals on the entire party whether they need it or not for like 30 minutes straight for each boss. It's extremely inefficient.
    So if the other cleric is spamming so much IH for 30 minutes that they use more MP than BB, that seems ridiculously inefficient. I have never seen a cleric do this, especially when the other cleric is BBing.
    Usually the non-BBing cleric will DD most of the time which makes her no more worthless than an uncharmed wizzy. And no one expects wizzys to bring charms to a TT.
    Ive seen tons, especially on WBs, but i guess thats outside of TT

edit* actually no, the monkey boss less than 25%HP u need both BB and IH
  • Lalalie - Heavens Tear
    Lalalie - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In short let the BB cleric be first in list if you one is going to be sole BB'er. When i TT i make sure responsiblity is split so there is non of that QQIng. so then it can just go by lvl

Subber > Tank > Clerics (lowest to high) > Veno (if tanked a boss or two) > DD's by lvl

Short and sweet. Agree beforehand
    Lala: aka Jedi PewPewMastaSauce
    Lalalie - Cleric - 8x (main)
    Lalaeli - Blade - 62
    Lalaelia - Veno - 38
    Lalalae - Wizard - 28
    Lalapop - Archer - 42
    Lalalia - Cleric - 26
    Laelala - Archer - 6 ( xD )
    Lalalio - Barb - 4 ( xD )
    Laelalia - Veno (deleted - RIP :O) - 12
    Lalalioz - Barb (deleted - RIP :O) - 3
    ~~~~Teh Lalas will overtake you b:chuckle b:pleased
    Teh Lovely Lady Lala Loves You All <3 b:kiss

My. Pew. Pew. Is. Strong(er than yours)
    (Ego is an understatement)--Epic Long Siggy ftw b:victory
  • Krolic - Lost City
    Krolic - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Event pots > charm
    I can see what you see not.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    People seem to forget, BB is automatic battle status and 1/4 gain of all mana regen. Unless Ironheart one is under AoE fire, they aren't. And all it takes is a simple mana regen powder and they basically have no mana cost. Now they can choose not to come prepared, but if so why should they be rewarded for slothful behavior?
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    IMO class and role shouldnt matter as much as who actually needs the materials more. I've been on dozens of runs that had I been with groups that werent greedy and knew they could get away with their greed due to their "importance" and costs.. I could have my materials in a much more timely fashion than being relegated to 4th pick at best due to my class. It ticks me off to no end especially if the tanker and BBer is lower level than me and starts picking mats they dont need yet that I need now. Those 4 hours I just spent in TT trying to get materials and helping others' with their quests could have been better spent elsewhere more enjoyably. thats why the last couple runs I did, I basically stated up front that the run was going to be for getting the mats for who actually needs them.. so that Barbs wont be selling the one good item that sells for a lot of money, when there's bound to be people in the group who actually need it still. so yeah.. level is more important than BB if you ask me - and not just by class. level regardless of class should take precedence when acquiring those hard to get mats from stingy bosses.
    I'm a man