Running out of Options

Mazzie - Dreamweaver
Mazzie - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Wizards, Clerics, and Venomancers.

I was playing a Cleric for a bit and did not enjoy it.

Started playing with a Venomancer and I like it, because it's magic and has it;s own pet.

So my questions...The Wizard. Why? It sounds interesting to say the least, but Im not sure why someone would pick a Wizzy over a Veno. b:bye
Mazzy the Veno pet collector!
Feel the power of my Rhinodrake!b:chuckle
Post edited by Mazzie - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Started playing with a Venomancer and I like it, because it's magic and has it;s own pet.

So my questions...The Wizard. Why? It sounds interesting to say the least, but Im not sure why someone would pick a Wizzy over a Veno. b:bye

Why pick a veno without trying a Wiz?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009

atm you should pick up some other class cause Untamed Cultivation is broke so no new skills for veno/barbie =)
  • Mazzie - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    I have tried the wizzy...but I was not 100% good with it. I mean, I also found that they are the least played class type. So their must be something wrong with the class b:shocked
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Because Wizards do the scariest magic damage ingame while venomancers are nerfed, my friend told me venos do half the damage of a pure magic wizard or cleric does, in magic damage skills? Pets are just an extra package b:shocked. And plus, blue hand looks way cooler than a green ring b:cute.

Also, wizards are one of the best end game classes. They start kind of bad in the beginning, which turns them off for playing through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I have tried the wizzy...but I was not 100% good with it. I mean, I also found that they are the least played class type. So their must be something wrong with the class b:shocked

Nothing wrong with them. But a little more challenging to play.

But in there higher levels = Ownage (full arcane only -.-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mazzie - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Ok...I guess I should give it more of a shot then. I mean it's not like I am far in any of my characters. Mainly because I can't find something I would like to play right off.

Im not much into archers or melee, so there are really only three options to go by in this case.

I enjoy doing magic damage, but want to be sturdy as to not die all the time
    I also like to be able to assist others with quests and support.

So?

Veno or Mage? I tried the cleric but I found it very expensive to do much of anything.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok...I guess I should give it more of a shot then. I mean it's not like I am far in any of my characters. Mainly because I can't find something I would like to play right off.

Im not much into archers or melee, so there are really only three options to go by in this case.

I enjoy doing magic damage, but want to be sturdy as to not die all the time
    I also like to be able to assist others with quests and support.

So?

Veno or Mage? I tried the cleric but I found it very expensive to do much of anything.
    If you did not find the cleric fun because you kept dying (cause attack wise they are pretty high and near impossible to KS most of the time) then you do not have the skills to roll wizard. Why? because both classes out of all available are ones you need to pay attention to your surroundings ....ALOT. Watch the radar, rotate screen often, etc etc. You will not have a helper like the veno pet, nor will you have the pdef of bm or barb to afk and come back to see your being beaten and still alive, nor the evasion or def of archer with light armour.

and at early stages it shouldnt be expensive. unless yor one of those that dont pick up al drops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Veno or Mage? .

veno for teh win ^^
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    veno for teh win ^^

LOL.....Veno's are a nice class to play however are more of a solo class. Later in levels they are great in HH/TT, but early on more alone in there leveling and pet leveling.

(above is the experience with my veno's)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok, here's a horribly horribly oversimplified way of looking at it.

At high levels, wizards do huge damage both to single targets and areas.

At lower levels, they do better spikes of damage, but veno's can actually outdamage them over time.

At low levels they are incredibly fragile, at higher levels their self buffs begin making this not quite so true.

Contraversely, veno's can be quite tough, but they don't get massively tougher later on - but they do have tough pets to tank for them.

Both classes have heals. Wizards can heal others, veno's can heal only themselves and their pets, but they do it better.

Early clerics... yeah, they're painful. Later on though, the question isn't "Can we get a cleric for this squad" it's "This is a cleric, therefore, it has a squad."
    Wizards get invited along for special purposes.

Venomancers get invited out of pity.

Edit:
    Yes, veno's are good at solo play. And it's easier to make a veno that never dies than it is a wizard. You just need to be able to survive the first thwack, and then you've got a pet to distract it whilst you heal back up and kill it. Wizards need to kite in that situation, which just plain doesn't work on some mobs.
  • Mazzie - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Ok...So as an update. I am trying out the Wiz. So far its doing fine. It's not horrid. The spells do look quite cool. I got the stupid Dicipline Genie though, which is freaking annoying because it gives flight speed and not something more useful for a human.

I guess Ill be able to use it later on though.

Cheers and thanks for the adivice.