jumps, flying, dropping etc - getting stuck

Hippie - Harshlands
Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
This isnt an old problem at least at me, but since last patch i get it more often

if i double jumo too fast sometimes i get stuck on like elevation 1, or if i drop from higher elevation i just hit the ground somewhere in the air. if i start flying sometimes i get stuck there... my char trying to fly, but gets back always to original position etcetc, i hope u c wat i mean

is there any solution to that?_?
Nullum crimen sine lege.
Post edited by Hippie - Harshlands on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this is the "rubberbanding" issue you may have heard of that people keep bringing up.

Nothing you can do about it until the devs decide to fix it. Some GMs on forums say its not on their end, but our ISP's.. But as you, and many others, has mentioned.. This is starting directly after a patch correct?

This doesn't sound like a ISP issue to me GMs/devs, fix the game.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The jumping off an NPC into flying and looping in place is a known issue. Same thing with combining that with auto-pathing.

It has been like that I think since they fixed many things in the game so people can't pull mobs like they use to, in some zones.

As for other instances of rubber banding, it can come down to a networking issue, or multi-core CPU issue.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Vaptor - Lost City
    Vaptor - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this rubber band effect is not always lag related but seems more like the server is very slow at keeping in sync with the client and this only happens when jumping or falling

possiblity be caused by game code that was designed to correct the avatars position also known as lag compensation makes the game guess where the player will be if their connection is poor till it gets more info.

how ever this happens when accidenly landing the side of a mountian and is obvously some old height or speed restriction that was built in a while ago i think some one changed the values...

or mabey its some thing like this
    Angelica File Module Error Log
    Created(or opened) on 09/09/2009 06:32:29

[06:32:35.578] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Gfx\gfxlist.txt] in package !
    [06:32:35.578] AFileImage::Can not open file [C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Gfx\gfxlist.txt] from disk!
    [06:32:35.578] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Shaders\vs\stereo_vs.txt] in package !
    [06:32:35.578] AFileImage::Can not open file [C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Shaders\vs\stereo_vs.txt] from disk!
    [06:32:42.906] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Shaders\ps\t2_tex_merger.txt] in package !
    [06:32:42.906] AFileImage::Can not open file [C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Shaders\ps\t2_tex_merger.txt] from disk!
    [06:32:42.906] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Shaders\ps\t2_tm_lm.txt] in package !
    [06:32:42.906] AFileImage::Can not open file [C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Shaders\ps\t2_tm_lm.txt] from disk!
    [06:32:43.328] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Shaders\ps\water_alpha_simple.txt] in package !
    [06:32:43.328] AFileImage::Can not open file [C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Shaders\ps\water_alpha_simple.txt] from disk!
    [06:32:43.578] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [loddata\Login\olm\1.olm] in package !
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    how ever this happens when accidenly landing the side of a mountian and is obvously some old height or speed restriction that was built in a while ago i think some one changed the values...

Ah, that makes perfect sense. Every single time I try to jump from a downward slope across water to the upward slope I end up rubberbanding. I too never had this issue until the NPC's started rubberbanding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well thx for answers.

sry to see that, thats really irritating bye standard and when it come to pvp its a real pain for a melee class
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The jumping off an NPC into flying and looping in place is a known issue. Same thing with combining that with auto-pathing.

It has been like that I think since they fixed many things in the game so people can't pull mobs like they use to, in some zones.

As for other instances of rubber banding, it can come down to a networking issue, or multi-core CPU issue.

Is this something we have to live with? Or do they eventually plan on releasing fixes for rubberbanding?
This discussion has been closed.