Tanking Soulgem

Options
KotaroX - Dreamweaver
KotaroX - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Barbarian
I just finished the quest for Aged Deity, and I don't know which Soulgem to take. Which Soulgem will improve my tanking the most?
95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&! jump!
Post edited by KotaroX - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Bardolph - Harshlands
    Bardolph - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pick the yellow ones xP They're either ambers (put those in your weapons for more accuracy) or citrines (they add HP, put those everywhere else). I've never seen amber as a quest reward, so pick the citrine b:victory
  • Atalan - Sanctuary
    Atalan - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    At lower levels get Garnets.
    You dont really need HP shards til ~40.
    I sharded all my gear with best Garnets I could find (Rank gear with full common garnet).

But thats an arguable point.
    More Pdef vs More HP.
    More Pdef = Less damage from hits correct?
    Less damage = Less HP is taken away.
    More HP = More damage is taken.
    More Damage Is taken = Dead Barb without healer/pots/tree/event b:chuckle
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That's only goes so far Atalan - Sanctuary

More HP is always better then phys def.
    Fight a Increased life mob then an Increased Defense one see which you kill faster.

Another way to look at it is this... Your not always being hit with phys dmg. So adding phys resist shards = Failure vs Magic Mobs... It gets much more obvious at lvl 49+ By 50 if your a Barb adding Garnets to your armor your an Idiot. Before that the argument is relativity neutral.
  • KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    KotaroX - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    thx guys. now to find lvl 4 equipment...
    95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&! jump!
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    thx guys. now to find lvl 4 equipment...

I wouldnt shard any lvl 20 gear if I were you. Maybe 1-2 common shards in the weps but waste of time/cash for armour imo.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • rapidbunny
    rapidbunny Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Same for higher lvl gear, just buy ready to go already socketed 3* on AH, sometimes you get gear for like 100k socketed with gems worth 500k or more. Don't care about "best" ones, they aren't making such a big difference except maybe accuracy gems in weapons which are pretty important for barb at most lvls couse of our low dex/hit rate. For all that armors below HH70 you can as good choose your gems to make your gear glow nice. I like def ones for red colour(need at least 2 average gems of same type to make gear glow), hp are good for everything especially if you like to use armageddon, but gave damn pink glow. >.<
  • Atalan - Sanctuary
    Atalan - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That's only goes so far Atalan - Sanctuary

More HP is always better then phys def.
    Fight a Increased life mob then an Increased Defense one see which you kill faster.

Another way to look at it is this... Your not always being hit with phys dmg. So adding phys resist shards = Failure vs Magic Mobs... It gets much more obvious at lvl 49+ By 50 if your a Barb adding Garnets to your armor your an Idiot. Before that the argument is relativity neutral.

Thats true as well. Now that im 48, im using HP shards in armor and ambers in axes, not touching garnets anymore.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    About the garnets. Once you hit level 77 you can get rings to help with accuracy and you also will get a skill called bloodbath (way before lvl 77). So if you wanted to go with garnets in your weapon then that would be fine. I personally have 1 perfect garnet and 1 perfect amber in my ready to go TT90 axes and same with my 79 hammer except they are only immaculate shards. But wait until you hit 77+ for garnets. Also the only shard you'll ever want in your armor are citrine shards.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender