Windows 7 issues

DarkNeko - Lost City
DarkNeko - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
I just upgraded to 7. I can patch and everything but once I actually hit start, the client crashes. I'm not sure what's going on. I have a friend with 7 that can run the client, so...

I have tried reinstalling a couple of times and running in compatibility mode.

pw_error_by_NaomiYasha.jpg

Thanks in advance
Post edited by DarkNeko - Lost City on

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Windows 7 is not yet supported as said in the faq.
    http://support.perfectworld.com/faq#genFaq2
    Quit.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Microsoft was boasting about how good 7 was going to be at running legacy programs. Run it in Vista or even XP compatability mode. If that does not work, then MS is full of something smelly and dark again.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Please don't try to make mountains out of ant hills.

All of our games work fine on XP, Vista and 7.

We have installed all of our games MANY times on 32bit flavors of all three OSes, under many UAC settings, under limited user/admin accounts, and can download, install, patch, and play the games just fine without having to enable any compatibility settings whatsoever.

Main issues right now is having the right video, networking and audio drivers for your system and Windows 7. Laptops and budget desktops will face this issue more then many mid-level and gamer level PCs.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • alldayallnight
    alldayallnight Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just an FYI, but PW does work for W7 64-bit. Been running for 2 days now. Zero problems so far.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A little late, but it's best than never. Seeing that you don't have Aero on you might want to check if you have the video drivers installed since it's the same message my friend had. Just my 2 cents.

Note: If it's an old computer which has no video driver for Vista/7, you can try installing the XP driver. So far on the only one I've done it has worked, don't know about others.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • DarkNeko - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    boo_error_by_NaomiYasha.jpg

ok, i gave the new client a shot and i'm still having problems so here is my system info for you.

RAM: 3.00GB
    Processor: 2.50GHz
    System: Win 7 32-bit
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yukkuri was right, you don't have the drivers installed. http://www.nvidia.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We need to know your system make and exact model number.

We need to know the exact video card model in your PC.

BEFORE you try to install video drivers.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • DarkNeko - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I realized i probably didn't have the drivers right after i posted and dell didn't have my laptops drivers on there server, but i think i finally got the right driver. Downloading right now.
    Thank you all for the help (and I feel very dumb for not figuring this out sooner)
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Woot! One point for me! b:victory Glad to be of some help.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • pimpdale
    pimpdale Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hey don't know if you have fixed or not but nvidia has an auto detect feature on there site to detect and download what video card also motherboard drivers you need, :D

PimpDale
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We need to know your system make and exact model number.

We need to know the exact video card model in your PC.

BEFORE you try to install video drivers.
    no you don't it's an NVIDIA chipset, which means there's an nvidia card in it so any relitively-new driver will work. (since thet all support 6+ series)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • christu
    christu Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Working on Windows 7 64 bits, no issues here. Stop blaming the OS while you have no video drivers installed :) BTW, what are the minimum requirements for Perfect World :D ? Trying to convince some friends to join in.
  • pimpdale
    pimpdale Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    christu wrote: »
    Working on Windows 7 64 bits, no issues here. Stop blaming the OS while you have no video drivers installed :) BTW, what are the minimum requirements for Perfect World :D ? Trying to convince some friends to join in.

here are the details of the requirments needed to play perfect world
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
This discussion has been closed.