Level 70 Axes, which ones.

Options
Noggin - Dreamweaver
Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Barbarian
I'm going to use the current high gold prices to get myself already refined and sharded dual axes from the AH in preparation for level 70. I do PVE mainly, with very little (if any) PVP. Should I get Calamity Axes and then do the TT runs to get some level 70 TT axes (which I wouldnt refine beyond +1 probably). Or just get some TT70 axes.

Most of the posts here suggest that Calamity axes are not the best choice for grinding or tanking?
Post edited by Noggin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• EmptyWords - Heavens Tear
    EmptyWords - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    For tanking Heraldric Axe are the best choice (lev70).
    Calamity does more damage...but u have a barb, not a BM....

b:bye
  • __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City
    __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Atm i have calamity axes. Im going to get both as heraldries are better for tanking but i got calamities first as they are alot easier to get. So far ive had no problems tanking with calamity axes tho =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Heraldry for tanking. + vit bonus. Also, I wanted Heraldry because then you get Lion King, then Calloused Lion Hatchets (+vit, Zerk lvl 90 gold). They glow blue xD I love them.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Get both.

They'll greatly increase your versatility and they both work great together. Switch to Heraldry while tanking big bosses [so you don't lose 5% HP when Berserker kicks in each time] but for the most part, grind with Calamities. In tiger form, they add a LOT of dmg, and if you continuously use Sunder, you should never fall below 70%.
    Belligero
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'd say keep calamitys for PvP. You can use them for tanking if you have decent clerics (they add an insane amount of HP+Vit too).

Calamitys deal out decent damage. I used calamitys for grinding initially, but I found they make you really watch your HP carefully.

I switched from calamitys to TT80 at 80. No point using them anymore since at 80 most mobs are physical. I was at a point where the mob was hitting me 150 and I was losing 500 from zerk.

Choose your TT70 weapon based on what your TT80 weapon will be.

If you don't mind selling a well refined TT70 and then restarting from TT60 to make your TT80 I'd suggest get thunderbolt axes. They are cheaper to make and they add decent damage and make grinding a bit easier.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Like I said, if you grind with Sunder, the HP loss from Zerk will be unnoticed.
    Belligero
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got Heraldies for my 70s to get Giant Apes at 80s & for RBs, but now I'm using Calams during runs anyway b:embarrass. because of the + HPs & the 2xdmg to kill faster & keep btter agro...
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Honestly I recommend Calamities I used them for both tanking and killing. If you've got the $ (unlikely then sure get the Heraldry) if $ is an issue <- is for me... Stick with Calamities they're the best weapons till you hit lvl 90's
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    DON'T GET CALAMITIES TO TANK. They are PVP weapons. They have a berserker mode that although you hit double damage it takes away 5% of your hp every time it happens. They couldn't actually deal the final blow because 5% of 1hp is .05hp and so on, but if berserker happens alot during tanking it can do a good deal of unecessary damage. For tanking I would go with heraldic or vitality hh70 axes
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    DON'T GET CALAMITIES TO TANK. They are PVP weapons. They have a berserker mode that although you hit double damage it takes away 5% of your hp every time it happens. They couldn't actually deal the final blow because 5% of 1hp is .05hp and so on, but if berserker happens alot during tanking it can do a good deal of unecessary damage. For tanking I would go with heraldic or vitality hh70 axes

If it's for gamma, I prefer Calams to my Heraldies, the 1st give much more HP. You don't really atk while pulling, so berserker isn't a problem; only when u gathered.
  • DaCage - Sanctuary
    DaCage - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I dont really see what everyone is saying about Heraldies being so expensive I payed about 1.5m for my 5 Foshura's and the rest is just a joke too get. Made that extra coin by lvling from 65-67. And at that time a Calamaty mold was priced at around 3-4m I think.