Embraces ?

demigirl
demigirl Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
Why we cant embarce each other of the same sex ?

Can change the emotion between female and female also a male and male , everytime i want to fly , an Elvy come and fly me and start kissing me out of no where ><; why cant a female fly me ? at least the embrace will be maximum a kiss on the cheek O.o as for the male they can put their hands on the other shoulder as an embrace

as a female i cant find any elvey who can fly me but only a males :/ what if this game has none ? :(

Just a suggestion that female can fly with female and male can fly with male

and .. iam not what you guys gona think . . . its just a suggestions..
Post edited by demigirl on

Comments

• Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Search
    Use it. This has been suggested several times...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am sure if you are a programmer and want to volunteer to spend the next year working on this little aspect of the game for free, PW would love to hear from you.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am sure if you are a programmer and want to volunteer to spend the next year working on this little aspect of the game for free, PW would love to hear from you.

Not just programmer, but lawer, localizer, public relation manager and artist are all involved in this too. 1 big reason why many MMORPG (including PWI) do not allow same sex marriage due to legal or ethical problem. Embrace have romantic meaning attached (see a couple embracing kiss before?) so it would cause the same hassle.
    Just to let you know, for this small feature programmer got the easiest job (beside the lazy boss of course).
  • demigirl
    edited September 2009
    Wow for the cold replys Iam only suggesting ! i didnt said make it NOW . . .

And about search , i did search and typed ( Embraces ) all that appeard are posts about **** / lebians married and sexual stuff .

Never mind ,and thanks Ilstyah i think you are right but i still think its can be done but its up to PWI managment to move if they want it done .
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    does JD do this tho?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • VenFuSeR - Lost City
    VenFuSeR - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    demigirl wrote: »
    Why we cant embarce each other of the same sex ?

Can change the emotion between female and female also a male and male , everytime i want to fly , an Elvy come and fly me and start kissing me out of no where ><; why cant a female fly me ? at least the embrace will be maximum a kiss on the cheek O.o as for the male they can put their hands on the other shoulder as an embrace

as a female i cant find any elvey who can fly me but only a males :/ what if this game has none ? :(

Just a suggestion that female can fly with female and male can fly with male

and .. iam not what you guys gona think . . . its just a suggestions..

I haven't realized that this topic has been posted so many times, I just posted one myself, lol...

I am with you, I am quite tired of seeing all of these MMORPGs that don't allowed same sex marriage, same sex PDA, ect.

Please do not spit out that bullcrap about how the programmers have to do this and that and that and this, adding such a small detail into the game is a very easy job for such a frequently worked on video game such as PWI.

As a video game programmer myself I do understand the stress. However, I believe that the programmers at PWI were very much aware of what they were getting into when starting this free game.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Some GM had stated before they dont want to bring real life issues (same sex marriage in this case) into the game. They (I think it was spoons) said those issues should be left out of the game because we play the game to get away from life's issues. Or something like that.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Some GM had stated before they dont want to bring real life issues (same sex marriage in this case) into the game. They (I think it was spoons) said those issues should be left out of the game because we play the game to get away from life's issues. Or something like that.

Exactly! This is a game to play, not hook up with someone. b:bye
  • VenFuSeR - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I feel that not giving everyone equal rights is exactly what starts up these issues... If this feature is added to the game, what harm will it do? Think about it, what will it change? I will only make the game better and satisfy more people. Maybe even bring more players into the game.(The **** community)

Exactly! This is a game to play, not hook up with someone. b:bye
    I find it quite funny that this game is not made to show love or as you put it, "hook up." However, there is a embrace function.
  • ilystah
    edited September 2009
    @ VenFuSer: recently Platinum Charm get added with the image of the swatika on it, and it already cause an uproar, and a swatika does not even looks close to a hooked cross. Considering the number Jews and German people are way smaller than the number of Christian, Muslim and Hindu, you can guess what happen when something that seems to suggest **** get added. The company will not going to take that risk. I don't mind it myself but there are a lot of people in the world who feel offended by other people's action that are not related to them.
    @ Xenaaah: this is the game to play, not fight with something.
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ilystah wrote: »
    @ VenFuSer: recently Platinum Charm get added with the image of the swatika on it, and it already cause an uproar, and a swatika does not even looks close to a hooked cross. Considering the number Jews and German people are way smaller than the number of Christian, Muslim and Hindu, you can guess what happen when something that seems to suggest **** get added. The company will not going to take that risk. I don't mind it myself but there are a lot of people in the world who feel offended by other people's action that are not related to them.
    @ Xenaaah: this is the game to play, not fight with something.

Quick question to consider.
    Is it a actual version of that or is it backwards or altered being the difference.

also back on topic:
    Why not remove the kiss feature then. Rathen then allow that being likly a

lot easier to fix then not. Allow "embrace" feature but why not even call it

pick up or carry as well rather then "embrace" meaning a emotion tied with it.

When it doesnt have to be. As it is trying to fix the actual problems with

legalities and such with same sex marraige would be very hard to do.

Espcially since most of pwi may be adults and teens but children do play to

what parent does what their kid talking about that now-a-days.

Based on a stereo-type that it being a bad thing because of how it is looked at.

As it is for me i dont care either way if they do or dont as it is a game and

money spent on it will only be lost with memories of what you once did. Once

it does close down or you quit it. rather then having actual items for using

again or remembering how something was.

BTW most of the actual flaming and complaints about "same sex" marraige is

being caused by more religious beliefs then anything and laws created for

them are also funded by the sources who oppose it more so then ones who

don't base them off that. So for those who want to get their hands dirty on

that one be my guest.

If not then just look it up and don't post about it without proving it. As it

mostly is and if you dont know it isn't then go look,

for the actual information! I do encourage you to. Even more so then listen to

me and instead DO go look it up. Then post the link here as well to prove it

isn't.

being if you do pick 10 sites at random rather then just trying to find them

with a detailed search that blocks all possible answers by removing religion

from the possible answers. try something like this:{ Laws against same sex

marraiges and funding sources} and one also {Laws for same sex marraiges and funding sources}.

It may clear it up more to being opinion based more so then anything and

religion based as well. maybe I don't know it may not.

The point is go look it up and know. Instead of taking my word for it. Do learn

the actual truth.

There is a big problem with something a lot of people consider a good and

easy thing to do.

As it is this passing information from word of mouth

meaning rather then looking it up for yourself and knowing if it is real or not.

you take somebody elses word for it and dont think it may be wrong or it may

be biased.

meaning their opinion rather then actual fact.

I hope this helps a bit more so for those who want to learn as well for those who want to take the time to read this rather then flame it for being long and trying to prove a few massive points and problems
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • VenFuSeR - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Quick question to consider.
    Is it a actual version of that or is it backwards or altered being the difference.

also back on topic:
    Why not remove the kiss feature then. Rathen then allow that being likly a

lot easier to fix then not. Allow "embrace" feature but why not even call it

pick up or carry as well rather then "embrace" meaning a emotion tied with it.

When it doesnt have to be. As it is trying to fix the actual problems with

legalities and such with same sex marraige would be very hard to do.

Espcially since most of pwi may be adults and teens but children do play to

what parent does what their kid talking about that now-a-days.

Based on a stereo-type that it being a bad thing because of how it is looked at.

As it is for me i dont care either way if they do or dont as it is a game and

money spent on it will only be lost with memories of what you once did. Once

it does close down or you quit it. rather then having actual items for using

again or remembering how something was.

BTW most of the actual flaming and complaints about "same sex" marraige is

being caused by more religious beliefs then anything and laws created for

them are also funded by the sources who oppose it more so then ones who

don't base them off that. So for those who want to get their hands dirty on

that one be my guest.

If not then just look it up and don't post about it without proving it. As it

mostly is and if you dont know it isn't then go look,

for the actual information! I do encourage you to. Even more so then listen to

me and instead DO go look it up. Then post the link here as well to prove it

isn't.

being if you do pick 10 sites at random rather then just trying to find them

with a detailed search that blocks all possible answers by removing religion

from the possible answers. try something like this:{ Laws against same sex

marraiges and funding sources} and one also {Laws for same sex marraiges and funding sources}.

It may clear it up more to being opinion based more so then anything and

religion based as well. maybe I don't know it may not.

The point is go look it up and know. Instead of taking my word for it. Do learn

the actual truth.

There is a big problem with something a lot of people consider a good and

easy thing to do.

As it is this passing information from word of mouth

meaning rather then looking it up for yourself and knowing if it is real or not.

you take somebody elses word for it and dont think it may be wrong or it may

be biased.

meaning their opinion rather then actual fact.

I hope this helps a bit more so for those who want to learn as well for those who want to take the time to read this rather then flame it for being long and trying to prove a few massive points and problems

That may also be a resolution. To be honest, I do not give a rats **** about embracing folk. I just wanna be able to carry the same sex on my mounts that I use MY IRL money to buy.
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'd rather read abput anniversary packs and "I quit" speeches than this junk.

later b:bye
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • demigirl
    edited September 2009
    VenFuSeR i agree with you .

""That may also be a resolution. To be honest, I do not give a rats **** about embracing folk. I just wanna be able to carry the same sex on my mounts that I use MY IRL money to buy.""

Also , equality rights should be there , either they take off the whole embrace functions and change it to Carry or just make embraces for both , this is suggestions topics we dont really need people who disagree to reply , just make your topic other than replyig / fighting , this is a suggestion not a demand and up to PWI to consider this .

i <3 the game~ but many people want embraces for both sex , PWI Check how many topics started about this .

Thanks <3 the game ~
  • ilystah
    edited September 2009
    I think they could add a simple carry feature that is equivalent to embrace without the kiss but can do between any gender. Either that or remove Chi gain and movement synchonize effect altogether from the embrace function to make it purely cosmetic. It don't take much development time in either case, sure the artist will need a few extra hour modelling, and the programmer will need to change some line of code, but anyone among the devs willing to do it can easily duo to make the change in less than 1 day.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    uh oh another suggestion about...

GAYNESS

b:shockedb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • demigirl
    edited September 2009
    Um , you cant read , do you ?Teh_Fishy with all due respect please read it carefully , i said embraceing and being able to ride with the same sex , but you people just take it the wrong way , well dirty minds dont change i guess , please read the whole thread again .

Also , your reply/comment didnt helped , thanks

Note : i didnt say kiss male + male or Female+ female or married for ****/lesbians .

Worst case i said , the female kiss the other on the cheek if Embracing meant kisses .