weapon choice, frost vs TT

PandamoniumV - Sanctuary
PandamoniumV - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Barbarian
Is it just me or does the frost weapon not seem all that great. I got lucky and got a frost force, looked at the axe n compared over and over. TT90+ just seems much better I kinda even like 80 a lil better with 3 sec stun chance. But the scarlet, devil, n even ape just seem much better. A 20% dmg reduc buff seems ok on a random proc, but 5% hp/mp heal procs sound much better to me. Also the hp bonuses become less distant with the TTs as they lvl and dmg is higher.(not that dmg matters as much to barb)
Post edited by PandamoniumV - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    TT Weapons are much better for us barbarians. Frost weapons for us is just for uniqueness, lol.
    Belligero
  • PandamoniumV - Sanctuary
    PandamoniumV - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    thats kinda how I felt, I looked at the stats and lol'd then walked away and sold it
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's sooo much better for other classes though.

>.<
    Belligero
  • BeatMe - Heavens Tear
    BeatMe - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i did decide to go with the frost axe, and i do not regret it one bit.
    the shield works wonders on bosses, the harder you get hit, the more the 20% reduction saves your HP, whereas the 5% hp, is just.. well 5% hp.
    and when comparing it to TT90 axes keep in mind that gold FF is grade 12 gear, not grade 11 like TT90
    so each + on FF will net your more attack then a + on a TT90
    compare the refine rate on these two
    Pan Gu's Giant Axe

and

Star Axes

you have to go to TT99 to get refines on par with the FF axe.
    so from 85->98 the FF axe is superior IMO.
    even then, you can not get anything from TT that will save you the amount of HP the shield will save you, it does proc. fairly often.

my *pve* view on things