Genie for veno?

Reane - Sanctuary
Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
I have a genie lvl30 28/30 LP, but im debating wether or not i should keep it... and if i do keep it, what skills should i teach it?
Reane-archer-82
HeavensRage-blademaster-65
HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
Abby_G-assassin-57
Post edited by Reane - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Rupture - Dreamweaver
    Rupture - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    alpha male, true emtiness, Poisonous Swarm, and Tai Chi b:dirty
  • IAttack - Heavens Tear
    IAttack - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    alpha male, true emtiness, Poisonous Swarm, and Tai Chi b:dirty

alpha male = lots of aggro on YOU (not ur pet) = bad

true emptiness (barb/bm only) = ???

the other two just look like they suck, and the fact that he listed 4 skills for a level 30 genie is kinda lame too (im not a big fan of high mag personally)

it really depends on what youre looking for though:

tree of protection is the international "save your ****" skill

my friend made a pure str thunderstorm genie on his veno and could hit 900 with it pvp and 2k+ pve at level 31. (you have to get fairly close for this to have full effect though so idk if its really worth it if ur a caster veno)

you might want to look into amplify damage because thats a nice debuff, but if you use fox form its kinda not so great because fox form has an almost identical skill.

lightning chaser is a nice interrupt

and wind shield can be a nice boost both offensively and defensively if youre in fox form and/or take aggro from your pet
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You should totally keep it, especially if you keep up your luck in lucky points. b:laugh

I've had my genies pull my butt out of the fire a couple of times. My cleric has a direct damage/buff genie that's handy while I'm doing heals or whatever, though the buff (Rainbow Blessing) is kind of random. My veno has a heal/debuff genie, and so far the heals have been quite nice, though it's hard to tell how well the debuffs are working.

If you want to figure out what skills would be good for your genie I'd recommend looking at the Ecatomb's genie's skills page or you can look at the PWpedia Genie Skills entry. Make sure you pay attention to any restrictions on the skills (i.e. "in water only", "archer only", etc.). The PWpedia Genie Guide entry is good for all of your other genie questions.

I recommend picking skills that either all depend on strength or all depend on dexterity if you can, so that way you only have to pump one stat and can ignore the other.
    the fact that he listed 4 skills for a level 30 genie is kinda lame too (im not a big fan of high mag personally)
    I disagree a bit here. Having 40 mag on your genie both gives it more flexibility AND it helps it recover energy much faster. Obviously there are advantages to putting those points elsewhere too, but it's not entirely wasted on mag points.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The answer to this really depends on what you want out of it. I have two genies, both level 80.

The first I use on clears and grinding. It's Tree 10, Poison 10, Relentless Courage 10, and Holy Path 10. It's a Longevity with 60/80 points. The stats are 5 str, 55 vit, 50 dex, 43 mag, with 4 points unspent. Eventually I'll level it up to where I can have 60 dex (probably level 90) for more effectiveness on poison.

The second genie I made fairly recently, it has Blinding Sand 10, Lightning Chaser 1, Fortify 1, and I still haven't decided on the other two abilities. it's 56/80 and has 5 str, 5 vit, 40 dex, 80 mag. I've built this one mainly for situations that my other genie can't handle due to various mob abilities. So far it works out great in the places where I use it. For example, it let me solo wurlord in 2-2 squad today, and duo 2-2 the other day with a barb. It's not a genie I would want to be using for day to day use though.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    as far as keeping the genie, which one is it? Zeal and Discipline are the best, however all genies function the same (just that the two i mentioned start with higher vit/mag and thus are better overall... as str and dex are 'meh' for genies, imho)

if it's a Zeal, i say keep it for sure, regardless of your lucky point outcome. put the following skills on it for all-around usage:

Tree of Protection: insta-heal, your lifesaver for when you accidentally pull aggro, or if you're fighting an aoe boss, etc.
    Holy Path: makes all squad members (including yourself) have 15m/s land speed for (i think) 6 seconds
    Tai Chi: speed and hp regen rate buff that lasts 6 seconds at level 1 and 15 seconds at level 10, plus only 1 second cooldown = spammable (a veno guildy of mine had this, made life ALOT easier)

those are some good general-usage utility skills, you won't be disappointed if you use them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Tai Chi will knock off the cleric regen skill, which hinders it's use I think. On top of that it ends up not being that big of a boost when trying to outrun something, holy path will get you much better distance in that case. Besides, there's not really much of a point to having two run skills. The energy cost on it is 64 vs the 75 on holy path too, so it doesn't win any points in the spamming category.
  • Yukiino - Lost City
    Yukiino - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Id give it the old Tree of Protection, Holy Path, Extreme Poison and Chaotic Spirit. yes Chaotic Spirit. I one shot a barb that was 12 lvls above me this way. b:laugh Was the funniest thing i ever saw and the genie skill is based on chance. Switch their MP with HP. no MP + switch = one shotted =p poor charmless barb. XD
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I would like to add blinding sand to this list. really helpfull skill on physical bosses and ofcourse in pvp.

blinding sand:
    A blinding spray of sand flies in the faces of your foes.
    Decreases accuracy of the target and enemies within 10 meters
    of the target by 25%, and decreases cast speed by 10%.
    Lasts for 8 seconds.

in combination with the fox-skill befuddling mist you can get the accuary of the enemy till 0%!
    I don't have my befuddling mist on lvl 10 yet. but I do notice enemy's miss a lot.
    (omg archers hate this skill b:chuckleb:quiet )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Tai Chi will knock off the cleric regen skill, which hinders it's use I think. On top of that it ends up not being that big of a boost when trying to outrun something, holy path will get you much better distance in that case. Besides, there's not really much of a point to having two run skills. The energy cost on it is 64 vs the 75 on holy path too, so it doesn't win any points in the spamming category.

main reason i say have both tai chi and holy path is because for a general usage genie, you need to have versatility...

holy path when in a normal squad...

tai chi when soloing or if no cleric around...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni