What is Frostcovered city?

Literature - Harshlands
Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Hey is there a guide or anything for our version? I'm kinda confused by these quests. Right now I'm in the solo mode trying to get some jades for a quest. And how exactly do I open squad mode?
Post edited by Literature - Harshlands on

Comments

• Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    you need to complete the quests in solo mode to open the door to squad mode
    and for that you need all your curvades(or what ever they are caled) for 1 of taht you need to colect 1 esence of the same name and 7 fragments also same name and combine tham at those forges in there.
    each curvade opens the pilar for the next boss, forword the bosses will ask for 2/3 curvades to open... so it will take you many runs... also remember to get an archer with you they are some preaty anoing flying moobs in there and the barb cant reach em...
    its all i know for now!
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You turn in all the curvades you make for the Comforting Jade quest and you can access squad mode. However you can't open it until level 85.

Even at level 85 the dungeon is just too much. Level 88 barb died in seconds to the first boss in squad mode, plus nearly every monster aoes.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You turn in all the curvades you make for the Comforting Jade quest and you can access squad mode. However you can't open it until level 85.

cant open squad mode until lvl85? :o not true.. u can open it when you're finished your curvade quest and u have atleast 4 ppl in party and lala u get option for squad mode ^^
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I tried that and it did not work I did not get the squad mode option and neither did anyone else I talked to.
    Main characters
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yeah, each person can open it once free per day, but its not worth attempting till about 95~.
    why they gave us said quests god only knows, its just a waste of time, dont even bother.
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I tried that and it did not work I did not get the squad mode option and neither did anyone else I talked to.

if i remember right all ppl in party must be lvl75+ we opened it squad mode with lvl77 78 78 82 party
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just fyi you have to get to Holan or Holeen to get the Jade of Ming Essence, nothing else drops it. Those two are past the Wu's in the last hallway, which sadly are just too much for us squishy venos. I got semi-lucky and found one on AH for reasonable, hopefully you can too.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just fyi you have to get to Holan or Holeen to get the Jade of Ming Essence, nothing else drops it. Those two are past the Wu's in the last hallway, which sadly are just too much for us squishy venos. I got semi-lucky and found one on AH for reasonable, hopefully you can too.

Not true. I never got to Holan, and got Ming Essences from other things. The max I ever went was to the archers and didn't open the bosses from pillars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    lol I guess I should cancel these quests till later then. A quest guide I was reading says all those quests would give like 400k exp total. I was hoping I could do that now lol. At 95, 400k will be nothing. =(
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Not true. I never got to Holan, and got Ming Essences from other things. The max I ever went was to the archers and didn't open the bosses from pillars.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of fragments? Those do drop from just about anything in there.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I don't see what the issue on the flying archers in there is. My hercules can tank them just fine because bash still hits them.
    Main characters
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of fragments? Those do drop from just about anything in there.

I'm positive. My last items missing that I obtained from some other members running it were only fragments. I ran it quite a few times (sometimes only getting to the timed Jaegar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Even at level 85 the dungeon is just too much. Level 88 barb died in seconds to the first boss in squad mode, plus nearly every monster aoes.

In squad mode, dozens of monsters in there will use AoE attacks which hit harder, and faster, than twilight temple bosses AoE attacks.

But... I was in there yesterday and we had a level 80 tank (turook), and while we did have a couple attempts where turook died in seconds we also had a some attempts where he lasted for a long time. We did not succeed in killing him but we got close enough, so I feel he can be beaten. I think we could even have beaten him with our squad yesterday if we had been better prepared.

Of course, I died way too many times in squad mode -- maybe twelve, yesterday -- and lost far too much in there for no gain and I agree with your overall assessment of this place. But I hope I can complete my quests in there when I get near level 85.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    even if ya could get that 400k xp at 75 id take all day (pretty literally) and burn a ton of charms
  • Literature - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    In squad mode, dozens of monsters in there will use AoE attacks which hit harder, and faster, than twilight temple bosses AoE attacks.

Holy ****. :O
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited April 2009

Haha, I remember my first experience with squad mode. Accidentally lured a Glacix and bear. Archers died instantly without a hiero. Each one did 800-900 dmg to us in AoE. We tried to blue bubble but it kept being sealed, so we had to rely on party heal (a cleric, barb, and me). Our Blademaster ran into the dungeon and died in seconds. After 50k of hiero being depleted, we agreed not to go back for awhile, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Not worth the time imo.
    Had a squad with a 88 barb and rest of squad around 80+.
    Took 3 hours and some dying to reach and finish the first boss.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't see what the issue on the flying archers in there is. My hercules can tank them just fine because bash still hits them.

Theres at least one of them bash wont reach.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • NecroNancy - Sanctuary
    NecroNancy - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    YES solo mode is doable at lvl 75. I run it once a day to gather frags and essences for other faction members.
    YES the first boss has a chance at dropping ming essence. However, only the bosses drop essences.
    YES the pillar bosses are doable at lvl 75 (for a veno at least). as i had killed all of mine and cleared those quests well before lvl 76.
    YES squad mode can be activated BEFORE lvl 85. Can be activated at lvl 75... but ALL members of the party have to have completed comforting jade, or the Squad option wont be there.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think I want to try it for the first time when I hit 80 b:victory

Is it easieer for just a BM w/ multiflavors and good gear than Twilight Temple?
  • Harundil - Dreamweaver
    Harundil - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well i completed it today our highest was lvl 87 barb and BM we did it 100% and i walked out with 1.4mil xp :D
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well i completed it today our highest was lvl 87 barb and BM we did it 100% and i walked out with 1.4mil xp :D

Thats nice, but did you walk out with any weapons/mats?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeatMe - Heavens Tear
    BeatMe - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    just finished FF again today, 4th time this week <.<
    came out of it with:
    Vibrant Jade: Order
    the gold physical defense belt.
    dropped from the pheonix looking boss.

=)

http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/items/16060
    *edit* this belt