special weapons/armor?

Options
Asurr - Heavens Tear
Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
hi, im still very new to this game (just started with my gf 2 or 3 days ago) and im still learning the ropes. i came from a very very simplistic game (flyff) so i find alot of these new machanics and skills and such pretty confusing but i understand the basics now.

anyway i picked the veno class and i want to know what are the "special" types of armor that i can get for my class? i looked at all the guides but none of them went into specefic armor/weapons i should use for my lvl. by special i mean the kind of armor/weapons that are alot stronger then npc weapons and that i can use for a long time WITHOUT changing gear untill i find a better set of weapons/armor. i did a quest and i got some magic sword that glows and gives a high atk rate compared to npc weapons. i think its called millitary magic sword or something and it has a blue name and gives me vitality+1. is this a good weapon to use for awhile? is there a better weapon to use?

also what is a good specialized armor that i can wear? im doing the pure mage build and from the guide it told me to use only arcane armor so that is what im doing, but is there any special arcane armor that is better then others? and how can i tell what armor is special and whats not? is the special armor color coded to give me a indication that its a special weapon/armor piece? for example the game i came from the special weapons were called "greens" because there name was green compared to normal armor/weapons which were called "blues" because there name was blue. the greens had way better atk rate then the blues and gave special kinds of stats like +15% HP or +20% crit rate or something to that effect.

so ya i want to know if there are such indicators. i noticed the military sword or w/e its called i got from quest is blue while other weapons are white, but idk if thats just because its a quest item or what.

sry for the long post, i tend to type in more words then neccesary =p

Edit: oh and one other thing. i noticed that mage build venos can use weapons called glaive/wands/magic swords. right now im using a magic sword and im pure mage build. am i SUPPOSE/HAVE to use a diffrent kind of weapon or it does not matter what kind of weapon i use? like is magic sword the wrong weapon i should be using and im suppose to be using a glaive/wand instead or it doesnt matter?
Post edited by Asurr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    First off, dont mention other games. Its against the ToS which you agreed to.

Just stick with whatever arcane armour and magic weps that you can get. Common sense says the more +magic attack +vit and +phy. def would be the best. For levels 1-60, just stick with whatever quest gears you get. Then from 60+ your choice of wep becomes TT (twilight temple) similar legendary weapons.

General armour/wep ranking:

1star (white normal text)
    2star
    3stars (purple)
    legendary (gold/yellow text)/twilight temple (green text; lvl 60+)
    Lunar/frost (level 85+ so, dont worry about these yet)
    warsoul (dream on, no one has one yet)
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Just stick with whatever arcane armour and magic weps that you can get. Common sense says the more +magic attack +vit and +phy. def would be the best. For levels 1-60, just stick with whatever quest gears you get. Then from 60+ your choice of wep becomes TT (twilight temple) similar legendary weapons.

1star (blue text)
    2star (blue text)
    3stars (purple)

fixed in red :D
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

1star (blue text)
    2star (white normal text)
    2star (blue text)

3stars (purple)

Double fixed in bold. b:bye