Sage and Demon

2»

Comments

• Therondy - Sanctuary
    Therondy - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    unfortunatly until we can get a heaven and a hell bm with the same equip and weapons to parse there damamge over time, it all conjecture.
    So basicly
    Heaven = Slower harder hits over time with more survivability
    Hell= Faster slightly Less dammage damage hits with 1% greater crit chance.
    Over all it probly workes out about even.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No matter how many times it gets posted, seems few people read it :)

Anyways, here is the formula that I've posted in about 4 BM threads to date, and was taken from another post that still exists about negative interval.

(1 + ((2*STR/3)/100) + MAS) * (LVL + Phys Atk)

So two-thirds of your str divided by 100 (was counting that before without putting it in previous formula I think, I just do it automatically without thinking about it though) is added to the base multiple of 1. With 300 str, that would be 2 added to 1 for 3. You then take your mastery, 75% or 90%, and add it to 3. This would make 3.75 and 3.9. The last part is equal no matter whether sage or demon, so that can be ignored for this.

Now sage damage divided by demon damage gives you how much the difference in damage is between the two. So 3.9 divided by 3.75 gives you 1.04. Which means 4% extra damage over demon.

Now, the higher strength becomes, the less effect that 15% extra mastery damage matters. That is because it accounts for a lesser percentage added to the total as str increases how much it comprises.

That is why dex is better at low levels. Adding str will not influence damage multiplier enough to be noticeable without a large amount of phys atk to show it.

Now to find out how much actual damage number difference there is, you'd take your total phys attack and multiply that by .04. That would be how much actual damage is added onto it. Looking at it, you realize it really isn't that worth it. It should be the other skills that you use primarily that determines the path you take, not the weapon mastery boost.

Also, my fist BM will definitely have that much str at that point. Axe/Fist alt that I used the damage formula and other factors to decide a high str over dex will be more successful in killing, both pve and pvp if I ever go that route with them.

EDIT: Read the post made while I made this one. I have used the formula posted on the forum many times to double check, it always comes within a few points of the damage listed in my character window. The little difference is due to using a calculator which keeps all places of the decimal, while the game will cut at a set point without rounding.
  • DarkOsiris - Lost City
    DarkOsiris - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    <AXE Build> sage>demon untell 99 1 i dought most ppl will make it to 99 2 ppl dont even have ALL the books in My yet 3 a blade master is not a pk class we are good if u know how to play properly but were the best support pvp class any one that makes it to end game will tell u the same so i have seen a few ppl change ther class at 99 so i belive its posible so there u go go hell at 99 even in my the lvl 100 wrs like heaven cuz they are harder to kill then a bairb but yea so there it is all black and white only so yea b:chuckle
  • Tinypony - Dreamweaver
    Tinypony - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    DarkOsiris I don't know what kind of black and white you see.. but to me that was one big gray splooge. b:chuckle

This thread made my eyes hurt x..x but for some reason I kept reading the responses. As all the people I've seen who aren't so lacking in braincells have put it; neither exceeds over the other. Both are equally different!

I've chosen demon and my reason doing so is I like the higher %chance of increased damage.

demon has a slightly lower damage output but a much higher chance of that damage being greatly increased.
    sage has a slightly higher damage output but a much lower chance of that damage being greatly increased.

uchooze!

Stoofoo with all the 'this is right and this is wrong' bs. At least we're given a choice, imagine if there were no demon or sage!

Ps. this is such an old thread ._. OOPZ all I was doing was looking for information on calloused lionheart hatchets and this funny thread caught my eye. o....o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'd going sage BM because....
    Because, either:

A) They are carebears. (Thanks Lyundura b:cute)
    B) They don't know what they are talking about. (I'm going sage BM for the defense boost and of course I am a carebear xD, I am comfortable with more defense, not used to being a DD b:faint)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye