Venomancer VS Archer

Options
loughman
loughman Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
I made a Venomancer during cloased beta and an Archer right now, but Im not sure which I like better. Can you tell me your opinions on why ven is better? [or worse, but if you think venomancers are bad then I dont know what your doing here]

And just out of curiousity, I never got my ven levelled very high, so can you train a mount or do you just have to buy them?
Post edited by loughman on

Comments

• mihai
    mihai Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    veno is a solo master and a rich class
    archer with MP and HP hiero after lvl 60 will rock in PVP
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City <--- PM with that name if u want sth,
    Guild: Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • kenboy
    kenboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    loughman wrote: »
    I made a Venomancer during cloased beta and an Archer right now, but Im not sure which I like better. Can you tell me your opinions on why ven is better? [or worse, but if you think venomancers are bad then I dont know what your doing here]

Well I'm in love with the dual armor fox build, but technically a good archer can jack that up pretty raw... In the end though, are You a pimp or a hoe? Because if you know when to debuff and when to nuke there ain't anything stopping a wf in 1v1. Of course, if you can kite, archers are damn doable too...
  • epiphany
    epiphany Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    loughman wrote: »

And just out of curiousity, I never got my ven levelled very high, so can you train a mount or do you just have to buy them?
    Both are great at higher levels-- it just depends on how you play them. I have a lvl 8x WF on another server and whether I can survive PK/TW depends solely on how I play. If you know how to debuff, when to nuke and which pet to use in each situation then there's really nothing to stop you from pwning anyone and everyone in your sight.
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hide your armor with fashion, archers don't know what to expect. Squish, or not? TOO LATE! AC-130 IS DESTROYING YOUR FACE! :]

I dunno, I just wanted to say something.
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkshadef
    darkshadef Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    thts wat im stuck with but for now i think archers r better than venosb:pleased
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well a veno and archer pvp duo is one heck of a team, I know from experience. I mostly debuffed and had my flesh ream pet chase while the archer dealt damage, and we took turns kiting, 2v2, 2v3, 2v4, and kindof 2v5 we did
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    darkshadef wrote: »
    thts wat im stuck with but for now i think archers r better than venosb:pleased
    nice job reviving a year old thread
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »
    nice job reviving a year old thread

O, I'm guilty too i did not notice the date of the OP
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    For pvp, archers kill the typical arcane veno easily. Although LA venos get more difficult to handle, and refined HA venos basically can't be killed. It all depends on which build, venos is the only class that is truly viable with all 3 armor types.
  • sakkiii
    sakkiii Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I kill everything >:3 kiting ftw
    But i didnt know that pets were so weak -_-
    Takes forever XD
    My bear takes forever to kill a werebeast 3 lvls ahead of me
    Im only lvl 20
    Hoping pets get stronger later on? Maybe? xD
  • Roxmel - Sanctuary
    Roxmel - Sanctuary Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    this is necro...please look at the date before posting admin please close this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -Roxmel- ;O
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not an admin... Oh heck I'll close it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.