It is possible. Lower the gold = Make people happy <3

Ketavi - Sanctuary
Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
You don't need to sell Gold at 400k D: Come on..Its rediculious.

I know from experience that, I bet you - bring it down to 250k and people will want to buy it from you in the hundreds. I just did it then.

I may not be as rich as I could've been selling it at 400k - But I've never had 10mil in coin before. 250k seems fair to me - maybe I'm just not selfish b:worried

I did it at 250k, Im sure someone else can too b:victory Its whether they choose to be unselfish - or try and get it back down to a nicer number~
Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
Post edited by Ketavi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    inbe4lock?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, probably. :\

Just trying to get my point across.
    Everyone blames the GM's when it isnt there fault at all.
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its whether they choose to be unselfish

This is the paradox.
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Yup.

I also don't know why this would get blocked. Im not talking about the new expansion. Im not QQing about it. Im just trying to make a General, Civilised discussion about the ease of lowering gold.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You don't need to sell Gold at 400k D: Come on..Its rediculious.

I know from experience that, I bet you - bring it down to 250k and people will want to buy it from you in the hundreds. I just did it then.

You probably made a gold trader quite happy.

The price of gold is supply/demand. As soon as people with lots of coin stop paying 400k per gold, it will start to drop.

The market is partially inflated due to gold trading. Buy low, sell high and the bigger the event, the more money you can make.

For gold to drop in price, you would need to flood the market with gold, but I'm sure there is enough coin in-game to quickly absorb 10,000+ gold or more per day.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Don't mean to put you down cuz i understand you had the best of intentions in underpricing your gold and i respect that. But is unrealistic to expect anyone to take a loss and get less than what they could, from what i'm sure is (for most) their hard earned money, when market pressures dictate otherwise.

I'm really convinced its not in the hands of the players to change gold prices.
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009

It's not.

As the above poster said, it's completely supply/demand. The economy in MMO's is no exception from the laws of... Well, simply how things work. b:laugh
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's not.

As the above poster said, it's completely supply/demand. The economy in MMO's is no exception from the laws of... Well, simply how things work. b:laugh

ZOMG! I had completely forgotten about the power of wishful thinking! Maybe if we all close our eyes and clap together we can get gold prices down to 105k. While we r at it we might also help solve the irl economy...

Except we've got aniversary packs and 5 gold perfect hammers and... why don't you just go check the other threads bout gold prices...

Weren't you the guy who needed "filling in" anyway? It sure took you a short time to learn enough about the economy that you could start having opinions. Logged in yet?
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    You probably made a gold trader quite happy.

The price of gold is supply/demand. As soon as people with lots of coin stop paying 400k per gold, it will start to drop.

The market is partially inflated due to gold trading. Buy low, sell high and the bigger the event, the more money you can make.

For gold to drop in price, you would need to flood the market with gold, but I'm sure there is enough coin in-game to quickly absorb 10,000+ gold or more per day.

Nah, I actually did the 1gold for 250k. The people only asked me to buy boutique stuff for them. Which is how I did it :P Not through Auction house.
    Don't mean to put you down cuz i understand you had the best of intentions in underpricing your gold and i respect that. But is unrealistic to expect anyone to take a loss and get less than what they could, from what i'm sure is (for most) their hard earned money, when market pressures dictate otherwise.

I know that there are so many things factoring into the gold atm. But hey - It was my hard earned money too (only make about 120$ a week), I just choose to be nice and give people in Sanctuary a break ;3
    It's not.

Yeah, its a shame though. Whoever set it so high first (expecially in Sanctuary) should be shot. |:

______

I give up, you're all already right and we're still on one page. What was I thinking? That one person could make a differance? I was crazy. Time for me to QQ it seems <3 The GM's can lock the thread when they're awake :)
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There is one way to lower the price of gold... That's a Gold price cap at 200k b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't think gold trading matters. Whats important is the the gold prices from buying a boutique. Its bloody expensive!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Resia - Sanctuary
    Resia - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ha y wud u sell 100 gold for 10mil wen u cud make like a minimum of like 50mil wen selling the items you get from the anniversary boxesb:laugh
    for example the flawless shards 1 box= 1 flawless shard
    this isnt including the chances of getting bust luck tokes labster scroll of toome winged trophy and soo on
    i got a best luck token after my 3rd box 5mil coin item i sold the sec i got it and i only had 5 boxes
  • tamuz12
    tamuz12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    miracles are made out of cheap gold b:sad
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The price of gold is supply/demand.

I agree. The price of gold is not controlled by GMS or MODS. It is controlled by the players. In order for your servers gold pricing to lower your entire server would have to refuse to buy at a high price (or at least enough to make the gold traders lower their prices). Only when people refuse to buy at the high price will the price lower.

I would suggest going to the Server Symposium/whatever server you're on, and make a similar topic in an attempt to try to make people refuse to pay the high price. Try to make a server wide "boycott", if you will.
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • kanohane
    kanohane Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gms need to put a cap on prices...alot of players are leaving servers because of the overpriced gold :-(
  • KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    KotaroX - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    R.I.P. this thread. I'll see you way at the last page next month.

And yes, the prices are out of control. Go to http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=365942 to complain further
    95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&amp;! jump!
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Capping price is just doomed to fail. If the market equilibrium price is higher than the cap, then people will simply switched to use a different item as money, for example they will buy stuff from CS with gold and sell them at high price, and nobody is going to sell gold at all. You need to cap everything in CS, then people will just buy expensive stuff with coin and trade them for CS stuff because no CS-seller are going to accept coin anymore. And if you cap all price of all good people are just going to switch to barter economy altogether. Then you can ban trading as well and only allow catshop. Then you might as well destyroy the economy altogether.

Summary: bad idea, it only destroy the economy.
    Case study: another MMORPG which name I can't mention have price get out of control, the company cap many stuff, end up the whole formal economy collapsed altogether and people switch to barter economy.