WTB: Frostcovered?

Lightaine - Dreamweaver
Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Allright. Already high mob XP + Double XP weekend = Awesome!
Bosses: Easy yet still fun with challenging twists.
Drops: b:shocked

Why even have the forges if nothing more drops from Frostcovered? Why can't we open different modes of FC? (Neo-Diety, Squad, etc.)

Thank you for making Frostcovered actually completable, but can we have a mat drop every now and then? No, I don't mean a Flawless Amethyst either.

Try to find a nice balance pl0x.
hai2u
Post edited by Lightaine - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Triton - Dreamweaver
    Triton - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Much fun was had, awesome boss unpredictability, great xp, but.....WHERE ARE THE DROPS??

Yes guys, I read the patch notes on FC updates and yes I know it's more gear orientated and less material gathering.

My questions are the same as Lightaine. Where is squad-mode, multi-mode, neo-deity scrolls?

So, my squad ran through the entire revamped FC dungeon. We completed it. After we killed Messenger of Fear, Iring spawned but did not have a yellow shield quest icon, thus we were not able to "reach the next part of the dungeon". Is there certain steps to follow? At the end, we first pulled and aggro'd Body of Holeen. We killed Body of Holeen and Soul of Holeen disappeared and here comes HOLEEN!! We fought him and killed him. The squad all collected a chest to open via a right click. We got everything from 100 Perfect stones to Flawless chards...one of them being an amethyst shard. Currently in the AH for 10.5 mil because that shard is in SUPER HIGH demand.

My question is what is the point of the forges if there is no mats to put in it? How do you actually obtain FC gear in this "revamped" FC dungeon?

All these changes make ZERO since to me and my squad. Can anybody shed some light on the new FC dungeon?
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Where Is Squad-mode,?
    surtr wrote: »
    there Is No Longer A Single Mode Available For Frostcovered City. As Squad Mode Is Now The Only Option Available, The Quest That Formerly Activated It Is No Longer Necessary And Has Been Removed From The Game. Instead, Completing The Wind And Snow Quest Will Now Grant You Access To New Frostcovered City Quests From The Frost Recluse And Frost Adventurer Npcs.

• Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What is Neo-Diety mode?b:puzzled
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No no. If you want TT100, FF or lunar gear, you buy anniv packs. Only those with deep pockets will buy end-game gear. Hunting is a thing of the past.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You need the Neo-Deity Scroll.

You can get this item at the Forges with the Token of Luck from the Anniversary packs or you can buy the Tokens from players that are selling.

IE: In Rebirth you get extra protections (auras)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Translation: Frostlands gear went from being difficult to being CASH-SHOP ONLY.

At least that's what I'm reading. After all, Neo-Deity's are only available from tokens, at the moment. And if mat drops only happen with those scrolls...

I have one ****ing goal left in this game - Frostlands armor. I hate to be another QQ ragebear over the new changes, but this is about as livid as I've ever been with PWI.

So my question to the GMs and Devs both:
    -What will be done to correct this? Putting endgame items up for random chance was low, but didn't eliminate the alternatives. But nerfing Frost and making drops inaccessible without CS items?
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    1. PWE pays $$$ to major gaming sites to advertise PWI as a FREE game.
    2. PWI is released and thousands of players join.
    3. PWE is happy because of the success of PWI but they think they can take their gaming ideas to another level and decide to make other online games.
    4. PWE finds out more $$$ is needed to make their projectS successful.
    5. PWE manager claims PWI players will join their new titles without thinking twice.
    6. PWE develop new plans and expansions to make PWI more profitful in order to pay all extra costs the new projects demand.
    7. PWI downhill, other games advertised through gaming media.
    8. After several A+ reviews, one of their new titles is chosen as the best MMORPG release of the year.
    9. PWE goes to mass media and threatens the aging competitor WoW.

PWE seeks success and the loyalty of the disappoited PWI players means little compared to the chance of having them replaced by a 10x bigger community. My experience with playing a similar game for nearly 5 years told me that's what they plan for real but the new titles the company developed weren't much a success despite their immense effort with making them really unbeatable.
    -What will be done to correct this?
    you have your answer.
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • BeatMe - Heavens Tear
    BeatMe - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We ran FF first day of the patch we got no material drops, however we did have the green magic attack ring drop from the second boss.
    maybe all the gear is as such?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    pretty decent xp for an instance(except rebirth)
    few coins drops off mobs too bad, not even DQ or anything
    bosses, well 3 of them dropped a "mat" only need 997 more for 1 person's 85 gold weapon (bow or glaive only)
    holeen dropped 2 shards,
    chests gave out(you get 1 chest from completing quest each gives 1 item) flawless shard,100 perfect chi stones,1 scarlet fruit, no luck with a ring for our squad

the teleporter /teleporter npc does not seem to work even after we killed all bosses
  • Triton - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Ok, this all makes sense now!! PWI made changes to FC not to make up for the forever mat drop process, but so it's excuse for making the gear CASH SHOP ONLY is that FC is not only gear related, but good xp as well!

They people behind PWE are selfish and moronic!! WOW, you guys are class acts!! Thanks for the support!!

ROFL @ all the re'thards spending IRL money on Anniv packs in hope for end game gear for a dying game!!

I heard Binky and Dragoonz in Dreamweaver server have dropped $2k IRL money on this event!!

*Thanks god for not being born stupid*
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Translation: Frostlands gear went from being difficult to being CASH-SHOP ONLY.

In my experience (half of one run), to get drops from Frostlands, you need to raid the treasure room. I think you get better drops if you complete all the quests before you get there.

But, please: do not let facts stop you from making stuff up.
  • Triton - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Raid the treasure room? Where is there a treasure room? How do you get to it?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I just did a full run of frost. Our total loot? 1 flawless citrine. That's it, nothing more.

The run is still pretty tough, but nothing compared to how it used to be. The bosses have some tricks that makes fighting them fun at least.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009
    fw is a joke on this server, lol. the difficulty of what it is now and to what it is in my server is so extreme that it's unbelievable it got to keep its name.

lucky for all you magic classes. this easy dungeon will give you the best magic hat you could ever want in a realistic gaming life
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    prof wrote: »
    fw is a joke on this server, lol. the difficulty of what it is now and to what it is in my server is so extreme that it's unbelievable it got to keep its name.

lucky for all you physical classes that the only item from fw that's worth it is lunesand, which is magic gear.

Yeah, they just recently changed it. I've run the original frost. Sooooo freaking hard. No one wanted to get near it.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, they just recently changed it. I've run the original frost. Sooooo freaking hard. No one wanted to get near it.

Not quite nobody. Some of us were into that kind of torture. Especially with the glory of the Genies. Monstrous Physical AoE? Huh? OH! You mean that thing that keeps popping up MISS over my head. Blinding Sand + Befuddling Mist FTW.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I just finished a Frost run and this dropped from the last boss: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/16071

Makes you wonder what else drops.
  • eldnar
    eldnar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I prefer it the old way... hard yes but some people like hard things. I think they listened to all those people who simply leave squad during a fb if they die.... here is a news flash : this is a game - losing happens. Stop making things easy and leave the drops alone.b:angry

Also I'm annoyed that I cannot just simply fly there and run it solo anymore... it had nice EXP and coin drops. Now I have no reason to go there and I have never been interested in TT.... getting bored out of my mind... might go back to playing first person shooters for entertainment.
  • Binky - Dreamweaver
    Binky - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sorry I make enough IRL money to do what i want with guess that makes me a ****!
    either way if your unhappy with it get out of your moms basement and go get a real job then maybe, you can be a **** too!
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    sorry I Make Enough Irl Money To Do What I Want With Guess That Makes Me A ****!
    Either Way If Your Unhappy With It Get Out Of Your Moms Basement And Go Get A Real Job Then Maybe, You Can Be A **** Too!

+101234567
  • Mariejjane - Sanctuary
    Mariejjane - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i complet FF few time ,

# only last boss drop 2 flawless shard

and chance to get gear or weapon

got FF duel hammer in one run

btw lv 90 full run give 5-6% exp
    100 demon veno
    90 sage barb
    90 demon psy
    90 demon cleric
    b:bye
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I heard Binky and Dragoonz in Dreamweaver server have dropped $2k IRL money on this event!!

*Thanks god for not being born stupid*

Lul-- c'mon now. If you had that much disposable income, you'd do it too. Whether you're making coins in game or $$ IRL, you work for it. Stay classy cala.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver