Qingfu as a pet?

Options
xxxjustin85xxxx
xxxjustin85xxxx Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
my freind told me he can solo hh60 and alot of other hard stuff way better with a qingfu then a c mag, r qingfus really a good pet or is he just tryin to yank my chain? ive never seen a veno with a qingfu but maybe i jus wasnt payin attn
Post edited by xxxjustin85xxxx on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They are pretty popular in the MY version. But, they are rather expensive because they dont come with good skills meaning you would have to purchase skills for it. Also, its tedious to level up and it has a rather weak attack. Other than that, its a pretty decent tank.

Oh, most decent pets can solo/tank TT60 solo mode.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Cmag is a horrible choice for TT boss soloing because they are weak at mDef, and TT bosses are high in mAtk, unless you want to try to interrupt their spells.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Cmag is a horrible choice for TT boss soloing because they are weak at mDef, and TT bosses are high in mAtk, unless you want to try to interrupt their spells.

but umm is qingfu good for it is what the OP is asking, i have no idea because i've never used a qingfu before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's going to depend on the exact boss. The cmag is going to cream the qingfu when it comes to the drummer for example. If it survives the initial magic attack (or you take it), everything else the drummer does is physical. The difference between the cmag and qingfu's pdef is bigger than the difference between their mdef. So its only against bosses whose damage is predominantly magical where the qingfu will do better.

In more general terms, a cmag is biased toward pdef and weak at mdef. A qingfu is a more balanced pet, albeit with a slightly weaker attack. There's nothing that says you have to use one and only one pet in the entire TT run. Use the pet that's most appropriate for each task.
  • tweakz
    edited September 2009
    Options
    but umm is qingfu good for it is what the OP is asking, i have no idea because i've never used a qingfu before.

It's survivability w/o spell interruption is better for most TT bosses. It's not something I would go out and get or invest in though. You *might be better off with an Eldergoth Marksman using Ranged, and that is a pet worth getting / investing in: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323451
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol WOOOOOOT!!!!!!!1 QINGFUS FTW!!!! This is what I've been telling people XD Got a qingfu on my veno, works like a charm once you get a skill for it. Have yet to try it on a boss, though.
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's survivability w/o spell interruption is better for most TT bosses. It's not something I would go out and get or invest in though. You *might be better off with an Eldergoth Marksman using Ranged, and that is a pet worth getting / investing in: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323451

No Offense Tweakz but you seem to overly praise the marksman in all your posts relating to tanking or luring. Maybe you should be open to other choices instead of repeating the marksman because from personal experience, I only tanked one boss with the marksman and barely. It's not as strong as you claim it to be.
  • tweakz
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No Offense Tweakz but you seem to overly praise the marksman in all your posts relating to tanking or luring. Maybe you should be open to other choices instead of repeating the marksman because from personal experience, I only tanked one boss with the marksman and barely. It's not as strong as you claim it to be.

Where do I quantify it's strength? Tanking one unnamed boss makes you an expert? No offense, but you come across as a troll.
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Tanking one unnamed boss makes you an expert?... No offense, but you come across as a troll.

No, I've tanked several bosses using various pets. Also from reading in this forum only a month, I've already seen that you have a particularly negative reputation especially concerning your intrepertation of "best tank" and "Best lurer" and your infamous nature of forcing your opinions apon others without a valid reason or sometimes without any reason at all. Therefore, you calling me a troll doesn't vex me in the slightest bit.
    Where do I quantify it's strength?

You just inserted a link onto a thread that you created where you "quantify it's strength"
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323451