Status for my veno

Options
Kayleen - Dreamweaver
Kayleen - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
I have lot of doubts on my status.
Till lvl 30 I always raised up 9 MAG 1 STR every 2 levels to make a pure mage veno, but i found out that whenever my pet dies, i'm dead too. Of course a veno has her strenght in pets, but i really don't want to be completely pet-dependant. Furthermore, many people suggested me to use light armors instead of arcane robes, cause at higher lvls it's better to have some PDef too.
Someone else told me to give some points to VIT, but keeping use Robes, even because at lvl 30 it's a bit difficult to change from Arcane to Light Armor immediately.
I'd like to know what you think, thanks for answers and sorry for my English. :P
Post edited by Kayleen - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I do 1str 4mag on even levels and 1str, 1vit and 3mag on odd levels for more hp. to change to light armor you need to kill the vit and turn it into dex. but more importantly be careful and let your pet hold argo before you kill
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have no issues with pure mage and find it cheaper and more liberating than alternatives.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What weapon are you using? If you're using a lower level weapon, you may want to consider upgrading to something better either now (level 29 glaive) or in a few levels (level 34 magic sword), level 39 glaive (not a fan of wands as they have low min/low max damage). Go for at least a 2 star, preferably a 3 star if you can find one (3 star weapons are pretty rare...)

What pet are you using? Are you healing your pet roughly every 2 to 3 attacks (or less frequently, depending on how much damage it's taking). What level is your pet heal? If it's not maxed for your level, you may have some difficulty healing your pet at times.

What are you usually fighting? If you are fighting monsters higher in level by more than 3 to 5 levels, it can be difficult for your pet to tank/you dealing enough damage to kill in a timely fashion especially if your pet has poor defenses against that monster type.

Are you using pdef necklaces and ornaments? Some of your pdef will come from your robes, but a good chunk of it will come from your necklace and ornaments. Your mdef is very high as it is, but your pdef tends to be on the low side, so getting a bit more pdef via necklaces and ornaments is recommended.

Have you gotten Soul Transfusion and know how to use it? Soul Transfusion is a VERY good skill to have. It can serve as hp/mp restorer via Nature Grace --> Soul Transfusion --> Metabolic Boost (MP restorer), reverse the order for hp. If your mp is nearly full, it can also serve as an o,**** button to restore your hp.

As an arcane, your goal is pretty much to have your pet tank/dd the monster while you heal it and dd as well when you can. You avoid being hit most of the time by not pulling aggro off your pet. It does happen at times, so you should stay close to your pet by running circles around your pet until he catches up.

Do you carry a few hp potions as another o,**** button? While running around in circles, you'll take maybe 1 to 2 hits, which a potion at level should recover fairly quickly.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • Kayleen - Dreamweaver
    Kayleen - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What weapon are you using?

LVL 29 glaive, 2 stars. Damage dealing is not a problem at the moment.
    What pet are you using?
    I use a Volcanic Magmite. I often heal it with max skill level possible for my level, so he dies rarely. The problem is the lag, who sometimes makes the pet take double damage, or even more, and then when he dies there are problems. My question for status was made considering that factor.

What are you usually fighting?
    Usually fight against mobs of my level or bit higher.

Are you using pdef necklaces and ornaments?

This is probably where i'm mistaking. Always thought that it would've been better to have the max MDef possible, so i always used Magical ornaments. I should try some PDef ornaments...

Have you gotten Soul Transfusion and know how to use it?
    Sure I know it, but when grinding i run constantly out of MP, so I use it to recharge the MP bar. The problem is that even if I use healing potions, when caught by a enemy I only have to escape, cause the damage received is too high.

I'll try bot giving 1 point every 2 levels to VIT, even to increase HP recovery rate, both using some PDef ornaments. Thanks for answers.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Damage dealing is not a problem at the moment.

Should never be for a veno, but pet healing is almost always.
    Sure I know it, but when grinding i run constantly out of MP, so I use it to recharge the MP bar. The problem is that even if I use healing potions, when caught by a enemy I only have to escape, cause the damage received is too high.

There is leech, metabolic boost, spark, and nature's grace that can be used with soul transfusion to never run out of MP.
    Usually fight against mobs of my level or bit higher.

If using a magmite, you should stick to phys melee mobs which shouldn't be hard to avoid. At your level you should have an air mount you can hop on to escape as well.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.